The Amazing Thanatos Disappearing Act!

37 replies to this topic

#1 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 314 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:22 PM

Only out for a couple days and already largely disappeared from the battlefield.

With other mechs, you saw them in significant numbers for a week or so after their release.

Thanatos? Not so much.

Because it sucks.

#2 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Definitely not what I thought I was spending my money on. But once its fully skilled it will be at least a bit more user friendly. Its not terrible but its not amazing ether.

Edited by BrunoSSace, 17 November 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#3 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:41 PM

Without side torso armour quitks its largely useless. Best builds would involve large weapons in the side torsos, but combining the current mg meta and those massive st's.... things useless. Youll lose your main guns and be a walkingstick for over half the match, no thank you.

#4 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Another mediocre IS mech with mediocre hard points and garbage hit boxes. Structure quirks are always useless. Why PGI keeps giving them out is beyond me. PGI wasn't even trying on this mech.

#5 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

My Grandma's denture creme is stronker than this one.
The legend states and I should know from the name.

In Greek mythology, Thanatos (/ˈθænətɒs/; Greek: Θάνατος, pronounced in Ancient Greek: [tʰánatos] "Death", from θνῄσκω thnēskō "to die, be dying") was the personification of dying. He was a minor figure in Greek mythology, often referred to but rarely appearing in person.
Nuff saidPosted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 17 November 2017 - 09:01 PM.

#6 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

no where near as bad as the Uziel though.

#7 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Another mediocre IS mech with mediocre hard points and garbage hit boxes. Structure quirks are always useless. Why PGI keeps giving them out is beyond me. PGI wasn't even trying on this mech.

They cant all be winners

#8 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

its nice that they all have ECM but the hardpoint combos are kinda meh. On top of that most of the chatter i see about the mech revolves around the hitboxes and the size.

Something to pick up when its cbills.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 17 November 2017 - 09:46 PM.

#9 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:27 PM

That's weird, I see them every match.

Edited by JackalBeast, 17 November 2017 - 10:27 PM.

#10 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

We need mechs that are bad. because when there are bad mechs, then some mechs are good in contrast.

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

A lot of people expressed concerns on the viability of the mech back when it was announced. There was no feedback from PGI that they've heard and will address the concerns, so it resulted in fewer pre-orders from people who normally pre-order but read the forums. The people who don't read forum pre-ordered anyways, but those concerns ended up being valid.

#12 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

Does it at least have 360 degree torso twist?

#13 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:17 AM

Its not the worst mech ive seen, but i knew from day1 that something as wide as a barn would have obvious hitboxes. That and none of the variants really have what u can call "meta" hardpoint layout. There is no way to run any of the super meta loadouts, and while many of the choices available are fun to play, the thing has little viable options since you cannot bring a XL engine, cant boat lasers, and many variants have a heavily arm mounted arsenal which means your convergence sucks.

That and the ONE thing the mech has going for it is of super limited use, the ECM capability. Post skill tree, ECM has taken a hit for the worse, with not only being forced to get both ECM nodes, but taking up 1.5t on teh mech, tonnage that IS cannot afford to throw away. Now had this been clan like the hellbringer, its pretty much a no-brainer to take ECM on it, but with a IS mech thats forced to use LFE/STD, and then not move at 50kph, its hard to justify ECM, and really, if you dont bring ECM, the thanatos has nothing unique on it and if a flat downgrade compared to mechs like teh whammy or marader.

#14 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

Just as well. It was hard to hear anything on voip over the loud, vacuous sucking of all the Thans and the constant roar of my warhorn as they died to 2 MGs and some harsh language.

#15 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Like the poor Uzi, it will largely be parked on the sidelines until PGI gives it useful durability quirks. Structure quirks have been worth precisely jack and diddly ever since the MG buffs. The scaling isn't bad, but somebody should have realized months before release that the chassis was going to underperform because of its hitboxes and... y'know, done something about it. It's okay to have 'Mechs that aren't meta cheese- it's good, even, because a little challenge keeps the game interesting- but they do need to at least stand up for themselves or there's no point to adding them.

#16 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 18 November 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Like the poor Uzi, it will largely be parked on the sidelines until PGI gives it useful durability quirks. Structure quirks have been worth precisely jack and diddly ever since the MG buffs. The scaling isn't bad, but somebody should have realized months before release that the chassis was going to underperform because of its hitboxes and... y'know, done something about it. It's okay to have 'Mechs that aren't meta cheese- it's good, even, because a little challenge keeps the game interesting- but they do need to at least stand up for themselves or there's no point to adding them.

Besides swapping structure to armor, the fact that it's only +8 per ST is also concerning. There are a lot of light mechs that match or surpass that.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:46 PM

Yep. Dropped in a match and my side torso blew off before I even spawned.
Potatoes, please!
And the award for most over the top isms goes to?
Scale it down so that it keeps most proportions, adjust some of the arm to torso hit boxes - IDK do what ever it is you did that made the Bushwhacker so annoying.
Finally give it +20 ST armor, keep all structure.

#18 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

Sigh. There is no pleasing people.

Rage at the notion of release-stage mechs being OP before C-bill release, complaints that new release mechs are mediocre.

Power creep has to stop somewhere folks. It's better to undershoot and buff it than to overdo it and have to nerf it later.

#19 Asmerak

• PipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostFleeb the Mad, on 18 November 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

Sigh. There is no pleasing people.

Rage at the notion of release-stage mechs being OP before C-bill release, complaints that new release mechs are mediocre.

Power creep has to stop somewhere folks. It's better to undershoot and buff it than to overdo it and have to nerf it later.

What kind of an argument is that? The point is for new releases to *neither* blow nor be totally overpowered. No one complaining about a new release being one or the other is wrong to do so.

#20 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:11 PM

It is about good time that folks should ask for refund for Hellspawn, if possible.

Unless you are on the business of collecting mechs, you never, never, NEVER pre-order Inner Sphere mech. End of story.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users