Fp Roadmap? Fp Development?

31 replies to this topic

#1 _Casper_

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Does anybody know who is in charge for the development of FP? It feels like the mode is pretty stale in it's progress. Is there a Person who has an eye on the develompent? Who changes little details? Who has a vision or at least a roadmap or something in mind how to enrich the player's experience? Who keeps an eye on which mode and map is fun in FP or which combination needs adjustments or needs to be taken out? Who collects and sorts all the awesome ideas created by the community and proves which are feasible with the existing ressources? Is there a source for a roadmap?

There are so many ideas for little changes that would refresh the player's experience in this mode like changing dropdeck tonnages on different planets or on every drop plus a little longer period of time to adjust the dropdeck or more different sets of spawnpoints on every map, the chance to choose a spawnpoint before redroping for attackers, different skins like a snow/ice skin a desert/ hot area skin for maps to create more coherence and the feeling to drop on a certain planet and not on anywhere on the same maps and so on and so on......Who is responsible for the evaluation of these ideas and for the implementation? Should not be too hard to make FP more varied.

Furthermore there are so many ideas being discussed in the forums or on reddit or whereever to come a little closer to what was originally promised by PGI. Some of these are pretty complex and elaborated but should be evaluated by the officials imo. Who is responsible for that? Are there any plans to redevelop the mode on a larger scale? And is there a central and structured source for all those ideas?

Edited by _Casper_, 21 March 2018 - 01:48 AM.

#2 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Assumption: there is no one at PGI who has any kind of primary responsibility for FP in MWO, and if there is, they either 1.) suck at their job or 2.) have too short a leash to make necessary changes/fixes

Observation: The closest we have is probably Matt, but his focus is events, not FP

Fact: Wallet closed until PGI makes FP great again (or just great). Goddamnit PGI, if you're reading this, I really want to buy the pirahna - pay attention to the ~3k-4k of us that play FP

#3 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

Their biggest issue is that they dont have someone like that around.

#4 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:49 PM

What is this Roadmaapz? Dev..Developz? These words make no sense? The creators left the mode unfinished in the long long ago.Once there was many, Then came the fire rain now there are few then came the bukkit.... Ok look theres a cave painting around here somewhere. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

#5 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

MW5 top priority

#6 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 02:05 AM

FP development is dead, PGI is doing only events anymore. New hop is E-Sports and MW5

#7 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

you got development. one bukket. are you not entertained?

#8 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

Some sort of FP progress is critical to this game's long-term success. Its a fun mode and gives units something to strive for. I agree, its time for a Roadmap or at least some direction from PGI. Perhaps another roundtable with unit leaders is due?

#9 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:34 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 20 November 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Perhaps another roundtable with unit leaders is due?

Lol

#10 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:32 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 20 November 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

Lol

I laughed too but without some direction from PGI we will be stuck in the same quagmire as we have been for the last 2 1/2 years, with more players and entire groups of once avid MWO fans simply giving up instead of driving the popularity of the game.

C'mon PGI, let's hear from you on this subject for once.

#11 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:59 PM

Implementing brainstormed ideas from a big group is sure to lead to disaster anyways, I encounter enough of that at work. You always need someone with a vision in mind to take charge for the end result to be coherent.

Edited by Nightbird, 20 November 2017 - 06:00 PM.

#12 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 20 November 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

C'mon PGI, let's hear from you on this subject for once.

We've heard from PGI plenty. Let's see some actual, real action instead.

#13 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

We wont get anything from pgi for fw until after they finish solaris at least. Probably longer if the rumor concerning the mechcon announcement being a port to ui4 turns out to be real. By then id bet they just use solaris to replace fw as the "depth" part of the game.

#14 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:47 PM

The problem with taking Unit leaders, is how does one choose which actually know about the game, each unit leader and unit itself has hugely diversified play-styles. However there are lots of units that also have the same, Take for example, Pat Kell and Spider00X, both had the same type of get in and brawl playstyle, any time you saw Kcom or PKRL/D'C you knew it was big boy brawling pants time. Now say for example Hobbles/Loken, (bcmc and Evil) they would argue more towards high pressure trading and slowly suffocating the enemy out of shooting lanes. Both tatics work well, but are 100% different. And those are just 4 units out of many. Everyone has their own ways to fix FW, but just because you have an idea you think will work, 10 people will have ideas of why your idea is ******** or wouldn't work.

I see people complain every single time a Siege map comes up and its Attack mode, saying attacking is impossible, and we will lose. Even see people complain about getting Defends, I honestly think the main problem with FW right now is that people don't know what they are signing up for. Why drop in a mode that has a 50% chance of being a mode you hate. The old FW you knew exactally what you were signing up for, either a Defend on a node (that with the old pie chart you knew the map) OR a re-cap with no gens/turrets or ********, get in and kill people. And if you clicked that FIGHT NOW button, you knew you were going to be going up vs a well oiled 12 man, of usually 228/MS/MJ12/KCOM/EVIL/CJF/RJF, i remember every single time (back in phase 3 i was a stiner loyalist, for reasons unknown to me....) every ******* time i droped into that Q as a solo pug, i'd be playing a 12 man that knew who i was and was out to get me, and just because i was a solo pug did not mean they would go any easier. 12 man pug groups HARDLY existed then, because they knew what they were getting into. If there was an option that poped up and said (the other team is a 12 man of Evil/Kcom/MS/BCMC) how many solo pugs do you think would say oh yea, lets go fight them. Odds are less than 1% (i say 1% because i love fighting units as a solo).

I could rant for pages and pages about what i think needs to be done, or what shouldnt have been done, but no matter how much i post or type, at the end of the day it all comes down, honestly, that the player skill has drastically fallen over this past year. If you threw half the teams now-a-days against the old 12 mans back in p2/p3 we would get slaughtered because we have all gotten fat and lazy. Taking bad trades, bad pushes, etc. We need to find a way to get back to large Unit vs Unit combat, and not rage quit after you lose to a 12 man. Let CW maps be in private lobbies FFFFFSSSSSSS they would help soo much, and thats just a start. **** my fingers are tired...

TL:DR people have different opinions, having unit leaders in a round table would cause more problems than good, we as a game have gotten rusty farming pugs and new units. Fix **** PGI,

#15 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:49 PM

Russ is in charge of and has the final say on Faction war dev, and recently the only thing I've heard him talk about is Solaris and Mechwarrior 5, both of which have nothing to do with it.

I think hes doing a stream on Twitch with NGNG soon but thats probably mostly about Mechcon.

#16 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

Would you like to buy a MW5 pre-order? (Only 3 weeks to go!)

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:07 PM

View PostAppogee, on 24 November 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

Would you like to buy a MW5 pre-order? (Only 3 weeks to go!)

never pre-order sp games. wait for them to appear on a steam sale a couple years later or some such at a fraction of the price.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 November 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#18 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

IF there has been any development on FP you won't hear about it until Mechcon.

If there is no announcement or talk about it at Mechcon then it will confirm it's abandonment.

Stay tuned all will be revealed in about 2 weeks.

#19 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

View Postslide, on 29 November 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

Stay tuned all will be revealed in about 2 weeks.
Lol, Never heard that before.

#20 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

I agree there does not seem to be way ahead for FP. QP is ok but does not entertain as it once did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users