Artillery Strike Damage Not Registering After Death!

Bug Report Possible Regression

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:55 AM

Description: If you fire an Artillery Strike, and then Die before it can actually hit Enemy Mechs, the Damage on Enemy Mechs will NOT be credited to you.

Reproduction Rate: 100% -- ALWAYS REPRODUCIBLE!!!

Steps To Reproduce:
  • Enter Match, intending to play well and win.
  • Get involved in combat, preferably NOT in a suicidal manner.
  • Fire your personal Artillery Strike into cluster of Enemy Mechs
  • Die before your personal Artillery Strike hits Enemy Mechs
  • Your personal Artillery Strike hits Enemy Mechs, running your Kill Assist count up hard
  • Your personal Artillery Strike Damage on Enemy Mechs is NOT credited to you
  • Your personal Stats at the End Of Match Screen show extremely low total, such as '11 Kill Assists' but only '37 Damage'
  • Get angry and realize there's a bug to be fixed
What should NOT happen: Your personal Artillery Strike Damage on Enemy Mechs fails to credit to you if you're Dead

What SHOULD be happening: Your personal Artillery Strike Damage on Enemy Mechs credits to you even if you're Dead

Comments: I believe there was an issue like this in the last few months? Have we had a Regression occur? If you want to check the Most Recent Match that I encountered this in, please check the 15 minutes prior to 2017-11-19 @ 06:30 AM PST (GMT -08:00) for the Match Data. You'll find a complete visual of what I'm talking about in the Match's progression. Please fix this soon, because it really sucks to see '11 Kill Assist' with only '37 Damage' having been done. :(

~Mr. D. V. "I hate Bugs that ruin a Game... It doesn't matter what type they are." Devnull

[Edits by Post Author to fix Tags for later additions by PGI Staff, and to correct a bleeding formatting issue.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 November 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#2 Bonzai VI

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

You get the Kill Assists if you get shot at by mechs.

Had this in a Grim Plexus match some days ago, pushed with my timber mech, was then chased by light mechs.
I shot at ~3-4 mechs and achieved 9 kill assists after we won.
I never use Air/Artystrikes.

Maybe arty strikes don't increase your dmg count now(but I'd actually be glad bout that, then people can't pad their stats anymore).

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:16 AM

View PostBonzai VI, on 19 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

You get the Kill Assists if you get shot at by mechs.

Had this in a Grim Plexus match some days ago, pushed with my timber mech, was then chased by light mechs.
I shot at ~3-4 mechs and achieved 9 kill assists after we won.
I never use Air/Artystrikes.

Well that's a piece of junk which PGI needs to fix. That's effectively a Match Score padding, in essence. It should only count Kill Assists from things you've hit on at least once, including things hit by Strike Consumables, but not any of the things that have hit on you at least once without you hitting on them. :(

As for this...

View PostBonzai VI, on 19 November 2017 - 09:53 AM, said:

Maybe arty strikes don't increase your dmg count now(but I'd actually be glad bout that, then people can't pad their stats anymore).

Any personally-fired Strike Consumable still credits to you if you're alive. Frankly, if an attack you personally execute is doing damage, that should always be credited to you, alive or dead. It's not padding stats at all, as it takes work and skill to actually land a Strike Consumable on the enemy with the current 7 second delay before it actually gets to hit. The enemy gets more than reasonable time to move and render your attack into a totally worthless piece of junk. Haven't you heard of a case of "Revenge from the Grave", as in doing damage to (or better yet, killing) opponents after you're dead, which is always a one-shot deal in a match? <_<

Hell, I wish PGI would make "killing an opponent after you're dead" into a real achievement. Why? It would be extremely hard to earn, even if somebody stupidly tried to farm it. Also, if they retroactively scanned player accounts, it would be an Achievement that I would have already earned due to 'my Urbie vs. an enemy WarHammer' in a different match from where I discovered this nasty Bug. (I was in a Huntsman when I tripped on this Strike Consumable Bug.) They killed me, but my machine guns finished them afterward due to travel time on bullets. It was kind of funny, because I was sitting there frustrated, and then I noticed the Kill Message below. It made that Match not feel like a total waste. :D

~D. V. "It isn't every day you'll get to Kill with a Trash Can, or a Strike Consumable. Devaluing it would be a shame." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users