Man, I thought he'd never die.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:29 AM

I don't think he will be missed. On the other hand a few people might be seen dancing in the streets.

#3 James Nostra

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 4
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 20 November 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

I don't think he will be missed. On the other hand a few people might be seen dancing in the streets.

Yea. When the heavy Metal movement was going on in the 80's, all I saw in magazines was: "Remember, kids. Uncle Charlie Loves you." And in every Heavy metal mag there was, including Metal Edge

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Heavy Metal had some strange messages. I know a lot of it was done for publicity, the darker the better, shock value, or what ever. Let's just say I had my share of MTV blasting in the living room when I was a kid and watching my brother get whip lash while jamming out. Yeah, head banging....crack...."Mom!".Posted Image

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:35 PM

underground metal gets so little air time. most idiots who dont know anything thinks metal is a bunch of guys who look like girls singing love songs. the 80s thrash scene was about as heavy as mainstream metal got, with themes that wouldnt have been out of place in genres like outlaw country, punk rock, even blues or opera. metal still does folk better (primordial, everything out of greece), history (marduk for example is the johnny horton of black metal), progressive themes (i hate prog but its there), political commentary (gwar, every thrash band), scifi stuff (vektor), human nature, flaws with out society, spiritual themes, any anything obscure, occult or damn right satanic. needless to say metal is pretty diverse in theme and style. then stack on top of that actual musicianship and talent (the ones that dont cheat and fake it, im looking at you canada). or you could listen to a computer sing in place for some scantily clad girl without a shred of talent with songs that just repeat 2 lines over and over again.

as for charlie, rip, he will be missed. spins album:

it sucks but its better than whats on the radio.

anyone who weaponizes hippies is metal in my book (even though the album is terrible hippie music). and the serial killer doesnt bother me as much as the society we live in that has a knack of mass producing them.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 November 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:40 AM

after I found out Manson's mom was a prostitute I always thought of this song

when I thought of him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users