2 replies to this topic

#1 CUTE PUPPY LUV

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:00 AM

Hi captains!
I'm thinking of buying myself a Christmas present :)
Is the Black Lanner good?

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

Its going to be super extremely niche since its got barely any tonnage to play with weapons, but its gonna be stupidly fast (and probably tanky although not as much as the linebacker).

Im not gonna diss it before i see how they work in game (i was in the camp that thought the linebacker would be DOA since its got so little gun options, but i have one now and really like it, and actually its one of the few good brawlers clam gets), but i have my doubts about the viability of the black lanner (and im pretty sure its never gonna be meta). That said, biggest deciding factor will be whether PGI allows the mech in scouting (and in doing so theyll have to allow the crow since its also a 55t). It seems purpose built for scouting mode, and perhaps itll end up a good mech overall (line the linebacker), but id really hold off any purchases of it until you know whether itll be allowed in scout mode (assuming you even play scout mode at all as i know many dont).

#3 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

If you like the Ice Ferret or Linebacker; the Black Lanner should just be in the middle of it. stupidly high speed for the tonnage, probably rather tanky and very limited podspace. If you wanna go 150kph in a 55ton mech, the black lanner is the only option :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users