Faction Play Is Very Unbalanced

107 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Ray Jr

Rookie

• The Spear
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

Faction play is a truly miserable experience. Somehow it often happens that the clanners have teames of 4 or more people and those simply kill anything in front of them. Apparently match maker doesn't count on clan technology being OP, clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.
It's one of the worst, most annoying match makers I've had experienced.

#2 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 November 2017 - 01:55 PM

There are times when people think that IS is over powered to Clan. All that I see is normally the teams determine who wins. Even with PUGs those who use VOIP better determine who wins.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

Teamwork and team size are the determining factors in FP matches.

If you want to play FP and enjoy it, you really need to join a team.

If not, Quick Play is available.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:04 PM

Should have been here earlier this morning. Lots of pugs but not many teams but IS had more veteran FP players who were aggressive while the Clanners pugs were timid.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 November 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#5 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

View PostBilly Ray Jr, on 22 November 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

Apparently match maker doesn't count on clan technology being OP, clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.

Oh, that must be the reason why IS is winning most of the matches. Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

IS wins the event ingame and more important...in the forums. Even when the IS wins, the Clans will get the next nerf.

#7 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:17 PM

Faction play is a truly miserable experience. Somehow it often happens that the clanners have teames of 4 or more people and those simply kill anything in front of them. Apparently match maker doesn't count on clan technology being OP, clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.

Someone didn't read but just clicked OK.

#8 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

You see the same in both factions. The MM only puts 12v12 together, nothing else because according to pgi and many players in units you're not supposed to play the game if you're not in one of those units.
I've seen elitism in many games but MWO is the first game I've ever played where that elitism was supported by the company that made the game.
Telling people not to play your game is a great way to make money... Posted Image

#9 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Hi Billy Ray, faction play has no match maker, zip zero and nudda. Its a list, you go on it, first 12 that fit go in the fight.

I'm not in a unit and can appreciate the difficulty of playing pick up in FP, however if you ever have the pleasure of dropping and finding your self with say 6 members of a great merc outfit, then you will understand exactly why people say, go find a unit, because when people know what they are doing and have a feel for what the other guys are doing the force multiplier is exponential over and above the actual tech level, which in my opinion seem closest right now than it has ever been assuming people play to the strengths.

And heck some of the time winning and losing is based on which map you get. (though good units have a deck for all occasions)

#10 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

I see it as PGI provides two ways to play:

Quick Drops are for everyone. There are solo and group queues and a matchmaker that attempts to keep things balanced.

Faction Warfare is for serious play. New players are welcome to join, but don't expect things to be balanced. And not joining a unit or at the very least getting in a group with people on comms is a huge hindrance.

R79T was a one person unit for the first year or two of FW. I would drop by myself quite a bit, but my best games -- the ones I learned the most in -- were when I looked on the CJF forum and found the Teamspeak hub for the Clan. After going there I would group up with JFP (now JFGG) and KCOM and drop with them.

You can do this too. Anyone can. And it's easier now because you just have to find a group that is Clan or Inner Sphere. I had to find a group that was CJF or I couldn't play Faction. Do it or don't complain about the game mode, because it is designed to be a multiplayer game where player coordinate. If you don't do at least that you're going to have a bad time, m'kay.

And as to one Faction being OP: this event is showing that IS is OP; the FW map shows Clan to be OP. Could it be that well organized and well trained units willing to switch sides might be OP? Kerensky forbid people who put effort into learning and getting good at the game have an edge in winning! And this is coming from someone who wants nothing more for Christmas than to see a Jade Falcon flag on Tharkad and a R79T tag on the planet.

#11 eXizt

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 96 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

...clan players often being better and having more teams that coordinate.

Welcome to the world of multiplayer games, were better players dominate the game.
Tired of realizing you can't win the game as a Lonewolf like in other games? Just find a group or team and train your teamtactic skills while driving your undervalued IS Mechs with loudouts that fits the machine, not your taste of funbuilds.

Maybe it's hard to accept, but changing the own mindset and come out the comfort zone is much more effective than chimp out over the fact that there's better players out there than you.

#12 LordFatman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:33 PM

this is why pgi should have events that promote team work and not their match score so people will stop hiding in back to get more damage and not helping team that's getting over run

#13 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:16 PM

Got some good Teamplay with a lance of MJ12 merc unit today, the clanner was so afraid after a couple of drop that they were staying outside the gate at Boreal vault. But they were all solo dropping and that's make the difference, looked like they had nobody to call the shot or just nobody cared about it.

MJ12 guys give good advices, are enjoyable to play with and are calling openly. That's make the difference between winning and losing.

Thank you for the games guys !

Edited by Damnedtroll, 23 November 2017 - 07:16 PM.

#14 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostWolfways, on 23 November 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

You see the same in both factions. The MM only puts 12v12 together, nothing else because according to pgi and many players in units you're not supposed to play the game if you're not in one of those units.
I've seen elitism in many games but MWO is the first game I've ever played where that elitism was supported by the company that made the game.
Telling people not to play your game is a great way to make money... Posted Image

You see you are interpreting the message wrong. No one is saying do not play this mode. In fact it will even let you do really stupid things like bring unmastered or heck even trial mechs!!! So the actual message, and why a warning is envolved, is that the mode is designed with an emphasis towards teamwork and experience. Read especially co-ordination.

#15 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

I'm legit surprised that it took almost 24 hours for the first pug complaint post in the FP forum. Population must be really dropping off...

#16 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

There's no quality control for Faction Play. It's the "hardcore mode" according to PGI. A ludicrous idea given the niche playerbase the game has. Yeah there's still people playing it and that have fun with it. But I wonder how many less 'hardcore' players would still be playing it. I mean it already has so many things going against it.

#17 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

No Matchmaker in Faction Warfare as far as I know.

#18 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

View Posttker 669, on 23 November 2017 - 07:32 PM, said:

You see you are interpreting the message wrong. No one is saying do not play this mode. In fact it will even let you do really stupid things like bring unmastered or heck even trial mechs!!! So the actual message, and why a warning is envolved, is that the mode is designed with an emphasis towards teamwork and experience. Read especially co-ordination.

It doesn't matter what the message is. The fact is that pgi didn't put a MM in FW so pugs repeatedly get stomped by Units. I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of people who quit the game because of a lack of MM in what is/was supposed to be "the game", and I personally don't consider a 15 minute, mixed faction, Beta leftover as a viable alternative.

#19 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:07 PM

Most of the units which are active and numerous and pretty damn good are on the IS side now. I can name maybe 3 units on Clans that are actually playing, halfway decent, and able to move the bar, but the event is flooded by pugs who refuse to listen, work as a team, and actually play to win.

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 23 November 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

Oh, that must be the reason why IS is winning most of the matches. Posted Image
Posted Image

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users