23 replies to this topic

#21 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

I skimmed through the comments, but I would like to say don't start FP until you own and have at least 4 mechs for a single side (4 clan or 4 IS) mastered.

Read up on what are optimal builds for your mechs based on the current meta, or ask around the forums for build advice.

That's enough time for you to learn most of the mechanics. Also, just google "mechwarrior online public teamspeak servers" or something and start off playing with a pug group that forms for whatever side you play. Don't try to solo in FP the first time you play it.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 05 December 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#22 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

Thank you guys for your comments and advice. I only played FP to grind for the NTG-Prime. And now I got it, I am back to farming in QP and waiting for the C-Bills sales in the mean time.

Only once I get 4x Clan mechs for a decent drop deck, I will look into FP again.

:)

#23 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:38 PM

try marauder 2c,ebj,helbringer,mystlynx as first dropdeck it pretty solid all around dropdeck to start with

#24 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

If you don't mind spending a little money, the Origins IIC pack is a great value especially when on sale. I would only recommend the Orion IIC level though. That plus what you already have will give you plenty of great builds so that you can have a ranged or brawl deck with hot and cold map options. You will also get three 'hero' builds with a cbill bonus and that really helps out in the grind.

Best thing to do is to find a good unit that doesn't mind training players up. My first combat drop was with a unit in FP. I had already spent enough time on the training grounds to be able to pilot a mech reasonably well and had been listening in on FP drops through the unit teamspeak and twitch streams. There is no better tool to utilize than a team and good communication.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users