Fatal Error

4 replies to this topic

#1 Povilas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Got this after new nvidia drivers, after ALT+TAB, then return to game. any advice?

Posted Image

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

Download directx 9c June 2010 version 9.29.1974 redistribution package. Unpack it to an easy location to get to then run the dxsetup.exe file in it. Reboot and test. If no success change to full windowed mode instead of full screen, and/or rollback the GPU driver itself.

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 November 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#3 Povilas

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 01:24 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 23 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Download directx 9c June 2010 version 9.29.1974 redistribution package. Unpack it to an easy location to get to then run the dxsetup.exe file in it. Reboot and test. If no success change to full windowed mode instead of full screen, and/or rollback the GPU driver itself.

https://www.microsof...ls.aspx?id=8109

Thanks man! full window mode works well for now with new drivers, and one more question, i use dx11 in game settings, or i have to use dx9? my card gtx1060 6gb.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:25 AM

You can still use dx11 but still download/unpack and install the dx9c. The game may still make calls to said files and a file is missing or corrupted, you may run into issues.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

you dont run firefox by chance? ive had an issue with firefox crashing video drivers. wait time being what they are in mwo you can only stare at the spinney thing so long before you have to tab out to your web browser because you got bored. it was like clockwork for me and it would take mwo down with it. i switched to chrome and havent had an issue with it. something to do with webgl clashing with the nvidia drivers. both parties (nvidia and mozilla) blame the other and nobody fixes it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users