Remove Cbill Cost For Skills

5 replies to this topic

Poll: C_Bills cost removeal? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Should C_Bills be used to unlock skills?

1. Yes, Agree with OP's reason (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Yes, Elaborate (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No, Elaborate (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 zolop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Customizing a mech should not be a C_Bill cost. Even in the old skill tree, the skill unlocks had no connection to CBill cost, MWO doesn't need this CBill cost.

A more in-depth solution to RPG/Meta skill feature of MWO...
If they wanted to make Skill cost to the game then the player should be able to hire pilots and use C_Bill cost to train them or build player game meta (EG player base, that includes a training area for MW pilots) facilities that improve the player's company pilots.

I would like to elaborate on a player base/stronghold or community base/stronghold (Mech repair facitiy, mech salvage engineering reassemble facility, pilot barracks, drop ship hanger, storage facility, etc) but that's for another topic that should have been included with CW/FW.

Edited by zolop, 25 November 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postzolop, on 25 November 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Customizing a mech should not be a C_Bill cost. Even in the old skill tree, the skill unlocks had no connection to CBill cost, MWO doesn't need this CBill cost.

It did. It was called "modules" that were much higher costs in terms of cbills. Fully outfitted mechs are vastly cheaper than they were before. This also makes competition for newer players much more easy. And I'm not even talking about the fact that you don't need to buy 3 variants anymore to advance in the skill tree....buying (clan) mechs isn't cheap, y'know?

And MWO DOES need this Cbill cost unless you want MWO to be a game where the main currency (primary reward in games) is basically worthless to the majority of the playerbase. In the last months before the new skill tree, I only bought modules for my cbills....anything else I bought wasn't worth mentioning. Without any costs in the tree, I wouldn't have much to spend money on really.

Costs aren't that high anyway....if you level your mech by playing, you always have the cbills gained in the match to spend your xp points on skill nodes.

edit: free skill tree and players having lots of cbills would lead to players just buying mechs because this is the only thing you can do with cbills then, resulting in increased sales in mech bays. Good for PGI? Seems like that. But only short term. Games like this need to have an incentive / reward to play matches or players just leave. So you need to have a reward that is worth playing/grinding for. Even PGI values this over increased sales in mech bays.

Edited by Exard3k, 26 November 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Dewodahs

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Also... the cbill cost while it is a little high for new players it gives the players that have been around little longer and sitting on a crapton of cbills something to spend the cbills on

#4 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

C-bills serve as tool to reward you for doing "right things" on battlefield, such as staying close, holding locks, shooting straight, NARCing/TAGing the enemy. In a subtle way, these make you play better.
But for this thing to work, money should always stay relevant. We don't pay for repairs, sooner or later you will swim in mechs and fashion items, unless one-shots, are forever. Some sinks (Other than rather limited consumables) are required.

Edited by Strength Damage Cliff Racer, 16 June 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#5 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:59 AM

It's fine to have a C-Bill cost in principal, but in its primitive state it's a major roadblock for the people who are lest invested in the game (and for whom PGI should be making every effort to retain) and irrelevant to everyone else.

#6 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:35 PM

C-bill should be spent on building mechs i mean what the hell do they think this is a one night stand?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users