Portal Crash

3 replies to this topic

#1 Uthred Audeles

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

I was trying to start the game and the portal crashed. A message box asked me to report this to the forums. I hope this is the correct place!

The remote name could not be resolved: 'patcher.mwomercs.com'

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:34 AM

View PostUthred Audeles, on 27 November 2017 - 02:07 AM, said:

I was trying to start the game and the portal crashed. A message box asked me to report this to the forums. I hope this is the correct place!

The remote name could not be resolved: 'patcher.mwomercs.com'

Hello, Uthred... I'm afraid your problem stretches outside the limits of the "Tutorial". You'll need to go start a thread in the "Patch Feedback" area, preferably as soon as you can. Other people are having problems with the Portal Launcher as well, and discussion usually happens there. :o

Anyway, just looking at things off-hand, you're having a DNS Resolution Issue. Any one of the following is likely the culprit...
  • PGI's Patcher Server is down
  • An Internet Master DNS Server doesn't have the DNS Info for PGI's Patcher Server
  • Your ISP doesn't have the DNS Info for PGI's Patcher Server
  • Your computer has messed up its' own DNS Stack, meaning your computer needs rebooting
...but that 4th one is unlikely in this case. I don't know who has the DNS that you depend upon for your Internet, but I would start by ringing their ears off, if I were you. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Without DNS, the Internet is almost totally worthless." Devnull

#3 MattnHuge

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

I had the same issue. restarting my pc fixed it form me.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

View PostMattnHuge, on 07 December 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

I had the same issue. restarting my pc fixed it form me.

Glad to hear. I am also realizing people don't have to reboot if they know how to open a Command Prompt, and give the system the following command...

ipconfig /flushdns

...which will also usually clean the DNS Stack so it can pick up the right info. :)

~D. V. "providing an extra solution to potentially avoid the worst-case situations" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users