Mercs Gone Loyalist

23 replies to this topic

#1 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

Whats up with all the merc units going loyalist? You guys that starved for mechbays? Mechbay tour 2.0. Gotta love how a merc unit instantly tops the leaderboards for loyalists now.

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:46 AM

Established merc units have been around for so long that they have maxed the rewards path as “mercs” so now they go “loyalist” to have a new rewards path to follow.

PGI puts the carrot of bonus rewards for certain factions out there. So the mercs, as mercs traditionally do, go to where the rewards are the greatest.

PGI gave them an incentive, and they took it. Just like mercs are supposed to. The designation of “loyalist” to whatever faction is just a temporary one that they will change when they max their current rewards path, get bored, and/or when PGI gives them some other incentive to play in a different manner or under a different title.

#3 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

why stay merc with no more possible rewards when you can go literally anywhere else for a 1-2 month tour and get stuff?

Also MS has a bunch of new recruits they're training up so farming mechbays is actually useful to get them into a good dropdeck quickly without making them spend real money if they don't want to.

There is no incentive to be a long term loyalist anymore, especially for IS. Clans at least have 3 new factions so you can park there and be sure that everybody will be getting faction rewards for a while.

I think one of the best things pgi could do short term to improve balance is create a new IS faction or just globally reset all the rewards trees. I mean, the timeline advanced. wipe the slate and let people play for prizes again.

#4 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Why the salt is my question.

What's so bad about them switching sides? It's a legal maneuver as per game mechanics.

#5 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostSunstruck, on 28 November 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

Whats up with all the merc units going loyalist? You guys that starved for mechbays? Mechbay tour 2.0. Gotta love how a merc unit instantly tops the leaderboards for loyalists now.

Havent you heard? Loyalist is the new merc! I mean why not. Almost all the real loyalist units qqed when the bukkit came.(Just like we all knew they would), And theres only 1 merc ladder to max out. Any real attempt at distinction between loyalist and merc is comical at this point. Everybody's just farming one meaningless lp ladder or the other.

#6 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:43 PM

Why not just play more and top them on the leader-board, if it matters to you.

#7 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostClownwarlord, on 28 November 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Why not just play more and top them on the leader-board, if it matters to you.

Lol Try motivating loyalist units to play.

#8 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

*chase he carrot* after i ate the carrot i take 1 week break because of desertion penalty or sometimes longer since i lost urge to play it anymore and just play something else XD. i just came from a break of few months maybe? ;p

#9 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:50 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 28 November 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

Lol Try motivating loyalist units to play.

We play every single day in CW.

Open to all IS to join except for our Unit specific drop nights and let me tell you how much it sucks to have more people wanting to play then open spots. But then just make a couple Scout lances or another 12man...

#10 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

View PostSunstruck, on 28 November 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

all these units maxed out the loyalty points for all the factions long ago
so to maximize there loyalty rewards they become FP loyalist for the new factions

they rake in tons of MC/CBs and what not
it also gives them something to shoot for so I don't fault them in that

then afterward since they have so many C-bills they just break there contract and move on
breaking contracts only hurt the small potatoes like me

after 598 days loyal I am only rank 14
its just how things work

#11 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

No true loyalists in MWO, only short term and long term mercs.

#12 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

It looks like complaining about merc units every little action is still a thing on these forums. Damned if your a merc, damned if your a loyalist.

#13 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

I don't get the hurt. You have an enemy. 12 of them. They are right over there where the dropships are departing from. Wreck them. It doesn't matter who they are or what flag they fly.

#14 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostApexSun, on 13 December 2017 - 02:08 PM, said:

I don't get the hurt. You have an enemy. 12 of them. They are right over there where the dropships are departing from. Wreck them. It doesn't matter who they are or what flag they fly.
That's the major problem now though; FP has never been deep but you used to really care about who you fought. Now it's just 12 guys, who you probably have dropped with and like. I miss hating opponents. Didn't mean you didn't respect them, but you really wanted to crush them hard.

#15 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

I get that, I am with a unit and don't really enjoy any mode other than FP and that's mainly because of the team play. I also like that we have rivals. I just don't really care if my enemy if a lore merc unit that is currently on a loyalist tour for mechbays. The original topic of this thread seems absurd to me.

#16 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostApexSun, on 13 December 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

I get that, I am with a unit and don't really enjoy any mode other than FP and that's mainly because of the team play. I also like that we have rivals. I just don't really care if my enemy if a lore merc unit that is currently on a loyalist tour for mechbays. The original topic of this thread seems absurd to me.

The OP is just pissed that mercs are now becoming loyalist lol. Because the game has become so boring, and theres so little to do. That were farming mech bays. Not that we need mechbays at all. Just because were just so damn bored.

Honestly loyalist ladders and contract bonuses are total ********.If they wanted to do this crap right mercs would need to negotiate there contracts with an actual loyalist unit instead of some joke of populatioon numbers.( Cuz we all know pgi got a funny way of counting) and force some human interaction. Witch would lead to people screwing over people. which would lead to chaos and strife, and salt threads on these forums. Which would lead to rivalry. Which would lead to units out to troll the sad ***** thats tried to pull one over on them. Which means more units in drops.

#17 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostApexSun, on 13 December 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

oh, I'm with you there. Merc or loyalist, as long as people queue up their faction doesn't matter to me.

#18 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:01 PM

View Postccrider, on 13 December 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

oh, I'm with you there. Merc or loyalist, as long as people queue up their faction doesn't matter to me.

Newbies gotta have a reason to drop. We had one, Its gone now. And simply expecting them to drop like addicts like us who would rather uninstall than do a single nascar warrior who can **** there team the fastest QP. Isnt gonna work.

#19 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

View Postccrider, on 13 December 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

That's the major problem now though; FP has never been deep but you used to really care about who you fought. Now it's just 12 guys, who you probably have dropped with and like. I miss hating opponents. Didn't mean you didn't respect them, but you really wanted to crush them hard.
In total agreement with ya brutha

#20 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

View Postccrider, on 13 December 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

In total agreement with ya brutha

Hurry up and get back from whatever adventure your on. Im trying to keep the thread up stairs going. but every time it starts to get good somebody comes along and apologizes. Its just awful cc lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users