Any Idea For Direwolf Ultraviolet Build?

25 replies to this topic

#1 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

I really need some advice for making a good brawler build or sniper if possible, sny suggestion will be welcomed, also if im not asking much would be nice for some tips to play with it (my personal fav mech), ty

#2 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

Well at least in QP the Direwolf is quite bad at brawling and sniping because it's so slow and sluggish. As a brawler you can't twist to spread damage and as a sniper you can't peek quickly enough and also live in constant danger to be left behind.

But if you really want to brawl with 8 Ballistic slots, try this symmectrical beauty:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49b0869ec83fd28

Since you can't torso twist you can as well go all in and stare down one enemy after another with plenty of peak and sustained DPS.
When you finally heat up you just stop firing the lasers and continue to deal up to 18.8 dps for an eternity.

And once you open up a component, your DPS skyrockets and the next LBX volley will probably destroy said component. And the LBX also got decent range to soften them up while slowly shoving your butt to the frontline.

I have not tested this thing and it's probably more a joke, but why not giving it a try or two. Just be prepared that you will get focused more often than not before you can wreck havok. It's a fragile Direwolf after all, so stay near other assaults who can tank some enemy fire for you. Posted Image

Edited by Daggett, 29 November 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#3 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:46 PM

Ty in advance, i will try it

#4 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:16 PM

Roses are red, your violet is new, have you tried UAC/2s?

The strategy with this one is to park on a distant hill and use the extraordinary range and velocity to deal absurd DPS. I find that my six gun non-hero variant can trade with darn near anything at 900m with the possible exception of C-ERLL Supernova. Shots can be fired in 16 damage clumps (effectively a GR 3 times a second assuming nothing is jammed) or you can rig a macro become the suppression king. I wouldn't be too worried about not being close enough to share armor, as many folks will still waste their shots on you despite being well out of their effective range. In the invariable event that someone attempts to charge your 100 ton Direwhale that's barfing fire and smoke, hit the coolshot, hope for no jams, and reenact The Last Samurai by pouring almost 25 rounds per second into your unfortunate adversary.

Edited by SirSoggyDog, 30 November 2017 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Havok Jones

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

try 4x Heavy Large Lasers, 2xGauss Rifle, a targeting Comp MK2 in the CT and an active probe in the head.
you have an alpha of 102 with higher crit chance, 1.2 heat management, can identify targets weak points faster And blow off components with your heavy large lasers if they get too close!
Also get 100% radar deprivation to avoid those LRM's
Reminder: Equipping AC's instead of gauss means more heat generation, more missing, and running the risk of your ammo exploding on you when you get shot!

#6 Havok Jones

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

Could also try this shotgun build:
Twin ER PPC's
Twin ER M Lasers
Twin LBX 20's
SRM6

Load up with ammo & heat sinks.
Alpha of 86 with Heat mgmt of 1.12

Edited by Havok Jones, 01 December 2017 - 04:57 AM.

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

It would be a shameful waste to not try out 8 UAC2s on the UV at least once if you've bought it, that's its main selling point.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...02f00229c013a2f

Pretty good at long range, basically a super rapid fire gauss rifle, people will regret poking against you if you react to them fast enough.

View PostHavok Jones, on 01 December 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

try 4x Heavy Large Lasers, 2xGauss Rifle, a targeting Comp MK2 in the CT and an active probe in the head.
you have an alpha of 102 with higher crit chance, 1.2 heat management, can identify targets weak points faster And blow off components with your heavy large lasers if they get too close!
Also get 100% radar deprivation to avoid those LRM's
Reminder: Equipping AC's instead of gauss means more heat generation, more missing, and running the risk of your ammo exploding on you when you get shot!

Try to avoid ghost heat, use only 2 Heavy large lasers and replace the other 2 with 6 ER medium lasers. You'll do even more damage and be able to fire it all at once.

#8 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

im really thankfull for sharing your experience, but i have many questions:

1) what are ghost heat
2) what means "sharing armor"

ty in advance

#9 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:39 PM

Ghost heat, commonly abbreviated on these forums as "GH" is a system that was implemented in an attempt to curb one's ability to fire large amounts of firepower at once. It causes an extra heat penalty to be added when firing more than x amount of one weapon at any given time. (For example, firing more that 3 IS Large Lasers results in a total heat greater than what the sum total of the individual weapon heats would suggest.) How big the "x amount of one weapon" limit is varies on the weapon, as does the heat penalty incurred for exceeding that limit. Note that weapons are usually "linked" with other systems in their family, so firing something like two IS Large Pulse Lasers and two IS Large Lasers in the same instant will still incur the extra heat penalty. In the mech lab, ghost heat is called out as a warning that says "firing more than x amount of [insert weapon here] will result in a heat spike greater than usual."

"Ghost Heat" can be avoided in two common ways:

1) Pair weapons together that are not linked. (For example a Clan mech will often carry six ERMLs and twin ERLLs; since the large lasers and the medium lasers are not linked, no extra heat is added for firing all those weapons at the same time.)

2) Wait .5 seconds between firing groups of the same weapon type. (For example, a Clan pilot with four large laser will typically wait a half second between firing their first pair of lasers and their second.)

Avoiding Ghost Heat will let you get off more damage before you overheat, and will generally make your mech more efficient; however, there are rare times when delivering a pinpoint strike by firing everything at once will be a better move than spacing one's fire.

Edited by SirSoggyDog, 04 December 2017 - 01:41 PM.

#10 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

"Sharing Armor" refers to a tactic where a team will attempt to balance the amount of damage received between all of their mechs. (For example, a few pilots will lead a charge until they're at 40% health, fall to the rear, and then let another set of pilots take point in their "fresh", a.k.a. full health, mechs.) Sharing armor ensures that incoming enemy fire is balanced across the entire team, and helps keep as many functional weapons on the field as possible. Usually, the team that shares armor better wins.

As a result of this, mechs with a lot of armor are expected to be somewhere near the front, where they'll draw fire, even if their generally better suited for combat at extreme ranges. The reason I make an exception for the Direwolf is that it usually becomes a priority target at any range, and a Direwolf pilot will usually occupy the enemies fire in whatever role he or she chooses.

Hope these explanations helped!

#11 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Thank you very much that was very educational

#12 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:34 PM

This whale need long range weapons, when a Dire wolf happen to fall in short range, all stuff become difficult and you have a damage pile up.

UAC2 shower can keep enemies at bay and you can do a constant stream of bullet making anything in front of you fear of staying there and they need to maneuver wide to come close enough to bash you.

But the alpha peekaboo style is impressive, but you need to hit because if not they will try and be able to close fast because of your rate of fire between shot. But a hit of an alpha strike of these payload can stop someone to think he's able to take you down.

It depend if you play solo or with friend... Direwolf are easy to flank like other slow assault and with no lower arm actuator on the ultraviolet you have a tunnel firing pattern, it's all in front and difficult to follow in close range. You need a buddy to protect your flank.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 07 December 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#13 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

Ty a lot i will carefully think your strategy.

#14 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

i wil try to go with 6 machineguns and a pair of lbx 20´s to see what happends

#15 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

IMO, there is only one UV build, and SoggyDog posted it.

#16 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Dont have an Ultra but

Dual UAC10's and triple UAC5's is pretty solid

#17 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

I like mixed builds. At least 2LBX2s,1 ERPPC,3LRM-10 or ATM-3,0-4 ERMLs or MPLS. I know it is time consuming and expensive in terms of C-Bills but I suggest you try some of these ideas in Smurphy then replicate those builds on your Direwolf. Practice makes perfect.

#18 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 14 January 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

I like mixed builds. At least 2LBX2s,1 ERPPC,3LRM-10 or ATM-3,0-4 ERMLs or MPLS. I know it is time consuming and expensive in terms of C-Bills but I suggest you try some of these ideas in Smurphy then replicate those builds on your Direwolf. Practice makes perfect.

There isn't really any synergy between all those weapons. The cooldowns and effective ranges are all off, and the velocities on the projectiles don't match up either. You could do a lot better by trying to have your weapons work together, instead of just slapping on a bunch of random ones and hoping for the best.

#19 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:46 AM

Seranov you speak much truth but there is meaning to my madness. At longer ranges 2 or 3 LBX2s or CAC2s plus an ERPPC have similar ranges. ATMs and ERMLs work great at 120-320 meters the max damage range for ATMs. This allows me to hit and run or hit you as you advance. LBX2s or CAC2s plus CLMGs and ERMLs or MPLs work well point blank to 400 meters.

#20 Shmizzak

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

4 lbx 10 and 3 srm 6s or
1 ac10 1 lbx 10 and 1 uac 10 4 hml and 3 srm 6s. 104fp with 1.24 heat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users