Any Idea For Direwolf Ultraviolet Build?

25 replies to this topic

#21 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 08:15 PM

8UAC2s or 8LBX2s if you want to do something only the UV can do.

Otherwise, it's just standard DWF builds like 6UAC5s, or mixture of different UACs.

For s**ts and giggles, run 6 ERPPCs. Use them on chainfire for continuous zap zap zap, and one last FUS-RO-DAH!!! when you're about to die

#22 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:32 PM

This is my "Destroyer". It's awesome, can do a hell of a lot of damage from very far away, but also has some limitations.

After a good bit of trial and error, I ended up with 8 AC2's. The LB2-X's took longer to pound enemies into oblivion because of the spread, and UAC2's were too hot. As it is now, fully skilled up, I take this mech happily to just about any map and either lay into mechs (lots of facetime) up close or from 1000 or a little more meters away. It's optimal range is 1000 with the range nodes. I've also invested fully in velocity, and my AC2 rounds are about as fast as gauss rifle rounds. This is very effective except for a couple of things:

- I can't get focused on for long. If I'm surrounded by friendlies and everyone's fighting, I can just plug along until I'm out of ammo, then slowly waddle away to cap a base or something. I don't run out of ammo often, but when I do, I know it's been a good match. The direwolf can hold a lot of firepower, but isn't all that resilient other than its average assault structure/armor. It's squishy. I can get taken out pretty easily if I'm focused on, so positioning is important.

- It's slow, of course, and I"m vulnerable to lights. That's usually not a problem, staying with the team, but if I'm left behind somehow and a pack of three are roaming around, I'm screwed. I've had plenty of fleas etc trying to chew on my back, and killed them eventually with those low arms.

Check it out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I take this guy out for events when I need high scores and lots of damage, and it's a good money maker too, but it's a one-trick-pony. If stuff doesn't quickly turn bad in a match, I can easily get 1000+ damage and a handful of solo kills.

#23 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:21 AM

View Postrenzor51, on 30 March 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

This is my "Destroyer". It's awesome, can do a hell of a lot of damage from very far away, but also has some limitations.

After a good bit of trial and error, I ended up with 8 AC2's. The LB2-X's took longer to pound enemies into oblivion because of the spread, and UAC2's were too hot. As it is now, fully skilled up, I take this mech happily to just about any map and either lay into mechs (lots of facetime) up close or from 1000 or a little more meters away. It's optimal range is 1000 with the range nodes. I've also invested fully in velocity, and my AC2 rounds are about as fast as gauss rifle rounds. This is very effective except for a couple of things:

- I can't get focused on for long. If I'm surrounded by friendlies and everyone's fighting, I can just plug along until I'm out of ammo, then slowly waddle away to cap a base or something. I don't run out of ammo often, but when I do, I know it's been a good match. The direwolf can hold a lot of firepower, but isn't all that resilient other than its average assault structure/armor. It's squishy. I can get taken out pretty easily if I'm focused on, so positioning is important.

- It's slow, of course, and I"m vulnerable to lights. That's usually not a problem, staying with the team, but if I'm left behind somehow and a pack of three are roaming around, I'm screwed. I've had plenty of fleas etc trying to chew on my back, and killed them eventually with those low arms.

Check it out:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I take this guy out for events when I need high scores and lots of damage, and it's a good money maker too, but it's a one-trick-pony. If stuff doesn't quickly turn bad in a match, I can easily get 1000+ damage and a handful of solo kills.

You're better off front loading a bunch more armor....and then stripping the UV pods and putting it on a Prime, for even more armor. There's also no need for a clan active probe, just stack more ammo.

Here's my "Ultraviolet":
Posted Image

#24 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

I'm finding that 4xUAC2s and 4xAC2s work pretty well. All UAC2s is too hot, but being able to double tap some of them gives a bit of extra burst. The build is still warmish, but one cool shot is usually enough, and I haven't finished skilling the build for more heat gen and cool run yet.

I put the UACs in the arms, to give me extra burst if light mechs are around, but putting them in the shoulders is probably the better option for long range peeking.

Only thing is I really want more ammo on the build I'm using now - got 800+ dmg a couple of times, but generally run out of ammo doing so.

Edited by Maddermax, 31 March 2019 - 06:28 AM.

#25 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 31 March 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

I'm finding that 4xUAC2s and 4xAC2s work pretty well. All UAC2s is too hot, but being able to double tap some of them gives a bit of extra burst. The build is still warmish, but one cool shot is usually enough, and I haven't finished skilling the build for more heat gen and cool run yet.

I put the UACs in the arms, to give me extra burst if light mechs are around, but putting them in the shoulders is probably the better option for long range peeking.

Only thing is I really want more ammo on the build I'm using now - got 800+ dmg a couple of times, but generally run out of ammo doing so.

I have enough ammo to be able to put out 2K damage if given enough time with the build I listed above. I rarely play my UV nowadays, took it out 2 days ago:

Edit: I realized i uploaded the wrong screenshot.
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 03 April 2019 - 02:39 PM.

#26 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:56 PM

View PostMaddermax, on 31 March 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Calculate how much damage all of your ammo should get with 100% accuracy and then gauge that off a match where u used all ammo to come up with a percentage point of accuracy. Now think about the most damage you think you could possibly pump out on an MVP match, and use that percentage you came up with earlier to calculate about how much ammo u should bring to achieve that damage.

And then when you beat that damage and still run out of ammo, you'll know you've gotten better, and can load up even more ammo.

Edited by VigorousApathy, 31 March 2019 - 08:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users