4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

I was recently informed of an accident where a friend of mine's brother got ran over by a fork lift. He is in bad shape, however the doctors managed to save his leg. I became aware of this because of a text I got involving "peg leg" jokes from his sister. Now I don't know why he was on the forks of a moving forklift, but then the fellow in question has often been asked if he wanted a tattoo on his forehead reading "Call 911". That's just how bad of luck he has.

#2 Bilbo999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 01 December 2017 - 08:52 AM, said:

I was recently informed of an accident where a friend of mine's brother got ran over by a fork lift. He is in bad shape, however the doctors managed to save his leg. I became aware of this because of a text I got involving "peg leg" jokes from his sister. Now I don't know why he was on the forks of a moving forklift, but then the fellow in question has often been asked if he wanted a tattoo on his forehead reading "Call 911". That's just how bad of luck he has.

Getting hurt because you were standing on the forks of a moving forklift is the expected result. Nothing at all to do with bad luck.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

Bad luck. He's got it. Sat on a cattle prod, fell off a roof (twice that I know of), fell out of his truck while it was going down the road (not so good for the truck).

#4 Bilbo999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

None of those things are bad luck. Well, maybe bad luck for the truck. They do show an extreme lack of awareness regarding, well, just about anything.

#5 Invictus XVII

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:35 AM

To me, this doesnt sound like bad luck, more like absolute lack of sense, self preservation and logical thinking.
Bad luck is when a drunk driver hits you at random out of nowhere for no reason, where there's no way to get a sign of warning - frequently placing yourself in a situation where the most obvious conclusion of acts would result in injury - is not bad luck, just stupidity. Submit him to darwin awards, maybe he'll get an honorary mention.

Edited by Invictus XVII, 02 December 2017 - 06:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users