Now That Is Faction Warfare!

16 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

I know I'm probably late to the party but I just saw this:

Now, take that, make big maps with multiple capturable bases like that one spread around the map which when captured would have a mech bay or dropship that would let mechs that enter reload ammo and act as a forward respawn point.
Add a ticket countdown system like BF/MWLL (if this had been done in the first place there would be no need to balance all mechs 1v1 because losing an expensive mech increases ticket loss for your team).

Either add AI tanks, VTOLs, etc. to defend the bases or even better let players play in "slightly buffed" versions of them!

There you have faction warfare!

I guess it's too late though... Posted Image

#2 Positive Mental Attitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 393 posts
  • LocationWAYup

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Im thinking someone smart will borrow all the assets needed and port them into an ark server at some point. Luckily the engine is pretty easy to work with.

#3 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

I expected more response than this. Is FW really that dead? Posted Image

#4 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

View PostWolfways, on 04 December 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

I expected more response than this. Is FW really that dead? Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

This is the FW forum, not the forum for a (rather bland looking) future release game that will be promising the earth and heaven with all its sparkly bits, but more than likely end up a minimally viable product.

Salty? Maybe. However PGI record with FW leaves a lot to be desired.

#6 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

Honestly it would be pretty cool if they redid MWO on that engine as the multiplayer aspect of the game and reworked faction play from scratch incorporating various AI and objectives from their singleplayer once it's fleshed out.

#7 Robomomo2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInvader class warship

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

I'd like to see a four player campaign. Having your buds run around with you as a lance of Mercs would be the coolest thing. You could still play single player, and i know this is supposed to be single player only, but an option to invite friends on missions would blow my mind. I can still dream can't I? Posted Image

As for FW, this is exactly the kind of stuff I envisioned (be it on a much larger scale) until the "open beta" crushed all hopes. I'm continually perplexed by the refusal to just do things right the first time.

EDIT:

YEAAAAAH! I am now ecstatic after the announcement at MechCon2017 that MW5 will be 4-player!!! Guess it really is the gamer's dream Mechwarrior game.

Edited by Robomomo2000, 09 December 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#8 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:30 AM

View PostRobomomo2000, on 06 December 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

I'm continually perplexed by the refusal to just do things right the first time.

And when pgi do get something right but it isn't perfect instead of fixing what is wrong they just remove the whole thing again Posted Image

#9 Bjorn JorgenssonX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostWolfways, on 03 December 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

I know I'm probably late to the party but I just saw this:

Now, take that, make big maps with multiple capturable bases like that one spread around the map which when captured would have a mech bay or dropship that would let mechs that enter reload ammo and act as a forward respawn point.
Add a ticket countdown system like BF/MWLL (if this had been done in the first place there would be no need to balance all mechs 1v1 because losing an expensive mech increases ticket loss for your team).

Either add AI tanks, VTOLs, etc. to defend the bases or even better let players play in "slightly buffed" versions of them!

There you have faction warfare!

I guess it's too late though... Posted Image

I want this!!!

#10 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostRobomomo2000, on 06 December 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

I'd like to see a four player campaign. Having your buds run around with you as a lance of Mercs would be the coolest thing. You could still play single player, and i know this is supposed to be single player only, but an option to invite friends on missions would blow my mind. I can still dream can't I? Posted Image As for FW, this is exactly the kind of stuff I envisioned (be it on a much larger scale) until the "open beta" crushed all hopes. I'm continually perplexed by the refusal to just do things right the first time.

I always felt that they could do a lot more with MW. Like maybe even have a dropship bay which will be like the player lobby in Destiny where you can get in mechs and socialize. They could open MW up to be more like a MMO with is what the mechwarrior boardgame was always meant to be .....a roleplaying game with some battletech strategy

#11 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

https://youtu.be/3CWr3ZUQJeo

Don’t forget this is what they showed what MWO was supposed to look like

#12 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Again the tank are way way to small... A scorpion tank is big like a locust... a vtol also. Now you are again bigger in your cockpit than a tank... yeah !

#13 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

OMG the more I read about MW5 the more excited I am getting, you will be able to go anywhere in the BT universe and depending on where you are take up contracts. You can even work for pirate kingdoms!

The only question is where should I be on march 7th 3050? (the day the clan invasion started)

#14 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:51 PM

View Post_Comrade_, on 09 December 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

OMG the more I read about MW5 the more excited I am getting, you will be able to go anywhere in the BT universe and depending on where you are take up contracts. You can even work for pirate kingdoms!

The only question is where should I be on march 7th 3050? (the day the clan invasion started)

You might want to quell that excitement. As pgi have proven in the past, saying is not doing.

#15 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

View PostWolfways, on 10 December 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

You might want to quell that excitement. As pgi have proven in the past, saying is not doing.

This right here.

I can't wait to see the list of things they promise people for MW5 and fail to deliver. I'm completely confident that PGI can top the record for MW:O.

#16 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

ok, the MechWarrior Registry league is old, but the database that allowed automated battles across the galaxy of resource unique planets with unique terrain and maps.. still exists.

Would I get support from the community if I go ask the MW5 or MWO teams if they would me take this IP and add it to the system?

My goal would be a resource driven, galactic map where teams could take over planets that are either out of harms way or in the center of the conflict. Individual players can allocate their mechs to various sectors of planets to enhance the defenses even when they arent online. If you have enough mechs, why not allow individual players to own a sector of a planet...

This is what my league Homeworld would have been if the game had not died in 2005.

Edited by Surn, 12 December 2017 - 12:48 PM.

#17 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:57 AM

https://automation.netbattletech.com/

NetBattleTech is up and running now with resource management, control of Jumpship/Dropship assets, Factories, Salvage, Merc Contracts, Sector Raids, Sector Assaults (planets changing hands!), diplomacy, Roleplay and more.

Battles are resolved in private lobbies on MWO, with the results logged by grabbing the code that is offered in the MWO Client and pasting it into the NBT website.

There are Factions still up for grabs if you have a team of pilots or you can join an existing Faction as a pilot.

Come to the Discord to find out more! https://discord.gg/AbmTsd3

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users