What is the best way to use this addon?

#2 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

If you're going in with a team, then use it to assist with missile locks. If you are doing quick play maybe at the ready screen just ask if anyone had LRMs, if there are none, then no point to waste your time NARCing targets. Also keep in mind LRM range, if you're NARCing while the target is out of range that won't help much either.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

A Narc pod does two things.

-- Narrowing the flight path and increasing tracking strength of LRMs.
-- Making the Narc afflicted enemy visible for your team regardless of LOS as long as he isn't inside of the 90m ECM bubble of one of his team members.

So your best bet is preying for a large imobile mech that is neither standing in terrain cower nor is too close to cover.
Narc it and tell your team about !!!!!
Not only narcing and wondering when the rain will come.
Call out the target loud an clear.

f.e. You narced a juicy Kingcrab on GrimPlexus that is a good 200m away from the next building lumbering through some valley, but in range of an LRM carrier on the other side of adjanced hill.
NARC it and call target: "LRMs on KingCrab Charly please" or something along that line.

#4 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:49 PM

You can also use it to break Stealth armored enemies, forgot that bit earlier. Good luck!

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:47 AM

An example of what NARC looks like (on the receiving end.)

Found this incidentally while looking for my own vids.

Here's 20 minutes of a single LRM-10 + NARC plus MGs and MPLs. Keep in mind that this was in 2014 when teams had up to 4 player groups or 2 separate 2 person groups or sometimes a 3 person group and a player of high ...I can't remember what system it was that they used but basically if you were a solo player in Alpha lance (which always had the premade groups) it usually meant you only had a 3 person group or only had a 2 person group, either way it meant that you had fewer group-players than the other team probably did.

But beyond that information no longer being true, the video should prove reasonably useful.

(As of 2015-ish, they completely separated group and solo players entirely.)

#6 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

For a short while I had a Battlemaster with a narc; it ended up not really being worth the tonnage (though I think you could probably do something similar with the lighter Clan one), but it was effective at times to narc at the front of a push. It can help break a firing line even if you don't have LRMs on your side; a lot of pilots will freak and back off when they see that they've been narc'ed, just assuming that the missiles are coming.
However, like I said, on IS side the tonnage commitment is usually just a bit too much, but it was still fun the few times I did it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users