New Twist On Ghost Heat.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

Instead of punishing people for firing all those huge weapons at once, simply punish them for boating period.

How should this be determined? Go by total weapon type slots. A Mech with 8 laser points can only use 6 (or 4, whatever) of the same type before facing the penalty. After that the 7th and 8th weapon will increase ALL heat of the same type by 10-25% depending on the type (larger weapons = higher penalty). And when I mean same type I mean specific weapon, like ERLLs or ERMLs.

You could then add some more skills to the operations tree that will let you boat more weapons (+1 to max same weapons type for example), or you could simply make certain mechs themselves have more play with this sort of thing (i'm thinking about the 42 laser point medium clan mechs).

I guess to take it easy on mechs that have few weapon points of a certain(2 or less.. or total combined of 6 or less or something) they would be exempt from these shenanigans.

Just a thought.

Edited by Nine-Ball, 06 December 2017 - 11:27 AM.

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

but a mech with many hardpoints of one type is supposed to boat

why does a nova have 12 energy hardpoints if its not supposed to use 12 lasers?

so basically you wanna punish mechs for doing what theyre supposed to do

that makes no sense

boating isnt the problem anyway. its builds that are combining medium and large lasers together that are causing the problems. and that can be fixed just by linking medium and large lasers for ghost heat then increasing the ghost heat limit of large lasers by +1, so large lasers can be used as standalone primary weapons.

Edited by Khobai, 06 December 2017 - 03:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users