Latest Updates Has Made This Game Unplayable

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kamehamecha

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:04 AM

River City is baaad for this, but all maps do it. I'm not sure what you guys did in the last updates, but it killed your game completely for me. Issues are as follows:

Freezes the whole computer while loading a level, sound gets choppy, pressing control+alt+delete takes like 5 seconds to load during this time, sometimes, it even cause my computer to hang, forcing me to restart.

Randomly through the level, the game acts as if it's buffering more data like textures and meshes... the loading map takes long enough, I have 8gb of vram and 32gb of ram, 6900k CPU, and only Bit Defender running in the background, this shouldn't be happening.

Finally, please remove the annoying message about how my "video card is not supported". I have an RX 480/580, the highest grossing mid tier card. If you all want to keep giving Nvidia the ole' reach around, hoping they donate some of their billions to MWO, fine whatever, but saying that a RX 480/580 is not recognized is beyond brand favoring.. it's like... immoral.

I hope you fix this, I did dump some money into MWO, because I love MW and you guys do a great job, but it saddens me I can't play it any longer. Maybe, I'll try back in awhile.

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:33 AM

Blame Windows 10 creators upgrade ^^

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

View PostLogicFoxX, on 07 December 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Finally, please remove the annoying message about how my "video card is not supported". I have an RX 480/580, the highest grossing mid tier card. If you all want to keep giving Nvidia the ole' reach around, hoping they donate some of their billions to MWO, fine whatever, but saying that a RX 480/580 is not recognized is beyond brand favoring.. it's like... immoral.

, I'm going to have to second this other person's response to you...

View PostThe Basilisk, on 07 December 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

Blame Windows 10 creators upgrade ^^
...because I'm left with the following question... Did you configure Windows Update to NOT grab Driver Updates for you? If you have not done this, then MWO may be choking because MicroSoft altered your Graphics Driver. This means you're no longer running the proper Official Drivers from AMD (who bought up ATI's stuff) and therefore PGI's MWO Game Client can no longer properly communicate with your Graphics Card. Games these days are very dependent upon the Official NVidia/AMD Graphics Driver releases in order to be able to recognize and use Graphics Cards, and are unable to function properly when you don't have them installed. Oh sure, MicroSoft's versions of those Drivers will let you use Windows, and they might enable you to use some Office Apps, but they're unfriendly to gamers who want to pull out the big stuff. :(

On the bright side, at least you have enough VRAM and Main RAM, so MWO won't bottleneck there. :)

~D. V. "MicroSoft's always messing things up where they shouldn't be. Watch out for the pitfalls." Devnull

#4 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:37 AM

View PostThroe, on 08 December 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

I'll stay on Windows 7 until Windows 10 is out of Beta. Thanks.

Yep me to Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users