7 replies to this topic

#1 BenAran

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

We all love (and hate) our happy little game.
So, I wanted to collect the funniest, most insane moments here, which make it worth playing this game.
My favorite happened recently, when we got Terra Therma and basically reenacted Lord of the Rings.
"Bring forth the Ring, Urbie" and such.
Sadly, our team did not have an Urbie, so we instead realized that we were "Good orks" by killing the filthy human mechs coming to destroy master Sauron.
It was hilarious.

#2 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:44 AM

A long, long time ago, on a polar highlands round...
The match went down to 11:11 in skirmish. The enemies had one legged and weaponless light mech left, we had a kodiak 3 running short on ammo with only one deep red leg left.
Since the light had no other means to fight, he hugged our kodiak as hard as he could, trying to kill the leg with collision damage. At the same time, the kodiak pilot (a friend of mine, btw) couldn't pitch his torso down far enough to shoot the bugger.
So we literaly sat in Teamspeak for 3 minutes, laughing at the situation, until he finally landed the killing shot on the light and won us the match.
'twas fun Posted Image

#3 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 AM

Had one match at 11/11 also a weapon/ammo less light mech, I believe he was legged as well. Opponent had weapons, but an open rear CT with heavy damage. It was polar highlands assault and neither mech even knew where the other was and our legged light definitely didn't have time to traverse all the way across to their flag and finish the cap, though he was moving that way. Someone noticed he had one airstrike left and got him to turn around. He located the other mech heading towards our flag and managed to get the airstrike off and finish off that rear ct without the other mech ever seeing it coming. Talk about a lot of cheating over coms.

#4 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

Just earlier this week. In twin heavy gauss Sleipnir. Had a lock in the middle corridor of the citadel on river city, was a hbk, thought hey i should push there and get him before we concentrate on the others along the jetty water-side. Walked up the slope, pre-charged the gauss as I rounded, keeping my cross hairs on the red box. Let go as I rounded the corner, he died instantly. Thought.. 'hey that was fast. He must've had his ct cored out'. Got called a 'cheating bit*h' in all chat after. Guess must have been a headshot

I thank you for my 79th head shot

Edited by Bohxim, 08 December 2017 - 05:37 AM.

#5 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:17 AM

This was probably one of the most entertaining things to happen:

#6 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Only in MWO;
Can you put 5 SRM6+A into a mech with a orange cored CT and 34 structure and it just blinks at you like "Is that it all you got, son?"

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

When you pilot a locust and go against the last enemy assault on grim only to blow off its weapon side in skirmish. Look at the timer and find you have over six minutes left. You then proceed to shoot one leg off the mech,blast the other arm, chain fire your lasers randomly at and around the assault, put one laser at the cockpit then finally decide to break the other leg after you and all your team mates have had a good laugh. Revenge tastes so good.

#8 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

I remember one time on Polar Highlands, Incursion, I was in my Locust. There was some event going on that had the inane objective of running fuel cells as a light 'mech. I finished my fuel cell objectives during that match only to find that my team had been slaughtered, I was the last one left, and 7 enemy 'mechs remained. Several of these 'mechs were still pretty fresh too. As I moved to engage, I expected a swift death. One of my team mates jokingly said "You got this, right?" I proceeded, to my surprise and to the surprise of everyone around me, to solo kill all remaining 7 of the enemy team in my Locust. I believe on about my 4th kill the guy who joked about me having this said "Wow, you actually do got this." It was perhaps one of the most glorious matches I have ever played.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users