Faction Warfare

5 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn JorgenssonX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

Can we please get some more depth to Faction Warfare?

How about this, a real quick and easy feature to implement

The Coffers, that right now you can do absolutely NOTHING with, lets make them be able to something. Allow the leader and anyone they designate to be able to distribute the funds in the coffers to whoever they choose.

Also allow people to donate mechs, equipment, MC or whatever to the coffers and allow the leader and whoever they designate to be able to distribute those items.

THERE I JUST FIXED YOUR COFFERS!!!

Now lets go and get a move on!

#2 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:05 PM

Programming is hard!!11!! Wait for MechCon!

Buy a MechPack

#3 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

Sounds interesting.

#4 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

Seeing as there is nothing one can do with the coffers now (besides paying for new unit members) I would certainly like the 90-100m Cbills I donated to my unit back.

But unit/player or player/player cbill distribution is alas never going to happen. PGI have stated so several times, but here are the main reasons why.

-Removes the desire to hack peoples accounts, as has happened many times in other games. Less security needed by PGI.
-destroys new player economy and drives down the need for new players to pay real money for mechs, PGI's only income.
-prevents people making many new accounts and farming the 25m cadet bonus

I am sure there are other reasons but these are the main ones

#5 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:34 AM

Great idea :), but won't happen.

PGI is focussing their ressources on MW5, but hey wanna buy a Mech Pack?

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:59 AM

Folks have been asking for:
coffers to have some function (other than as the basis of the unit tax instituted at the end of phase 2, but given the state of things now that is moot at this point),
for planets to have descriptions,
for factions to have some distinctiveness other than as a way to let mercs milk contract bonuses,
for loyalists to have some relevancy,
for rewards paths to not just end,
for things like “lore”, “immersion”, and even a god damn point to be added to CW for about three years now.

Given that 2017 was, according to Russ (as stated during the round table in January), supposed to be the year that PGI would refocus on the development of CW -excuse me, faction play- and all off that is still wholly lacking from the mode, I kinda doubt that ANY of those things will ever be introduced into the mode at this point. Its dead Bjorn. Acceptance is the final stage of grief.

Now excuse me I have to go watch the MW5 gameplay footage in an effort to get all excited about the efforts PGI is making in a game that no one plays yet and that won’t be available for at least another year. Refocusing on faction play development indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users