30 replies to this topic

#1 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:10 PM

In order to "Balance" the game we're going to buff 5 of the top performing IS mechs while Nerfing Clan ER-Large Laser and MG's.

Firstly the difference between the IS and Clan ER-LL is pretty out of whack in favor of IS already. In the proper builds IS ERLL have nearly comparable range and, when added to their cool down, heat gen, difference in ghost heat and duration bonuses, they are more than comparable than their Clan variants.

On top of that the uber-nerfing of the clan machine guns is a VERY thinly veiled prenerfing of the Piranha. Seriously, you're taking a mech that so many of us Clanners have been looking forward to and, in the first patch after the pre-order ends, you trash the mech after taking our monies. This is insulting to your client base and, for those of you who might want a refund, valid grounds that the mech they purchased will no longer be the same one you expected to purchase in terms of viability and performance.

I'm calling this right now, they'll be nerfing Micro lasers within 3 patches. Way to say thanks to the BattleTech community to claim to represent, Russ.

#2 clan hope

• PipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 12 December 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

In order to "Balance" the game we're going to buff 5 of the top performing IS mechs while Nerfing Clan ER-Large Laser and MG's.

Firstly the difference between the IS and Clan ER-LL is pretty out of whack in favor of IS already. In the proper builds IS ERLL have nearly comparable range and, when added to their cool down, heat gen, difference in ghost heat and duration bonuses, they are more than comparable than their Clan variants.

On top of that the uber-nerfing of the clan machine guns is a VERY thinly veiled prenerfing of the Piranha. Seriously, you're taking a mech that so many of us Clanners have been looking forward to and, in the first patch after the pre-order ends, you trash the mech after taking our monies. This is insulting to your client base and, for those of you who might want a refund, valid grounds that the mech they purchased will no longer be the same one you expected to purchase in terms of viability and performance.

I'm calling this right now, they'll be nerfing Micro lasers within 3 patches. Way to say thanks to the BattleTech community to claim to represent, Russ.

i agree.. if i didnt buy my piranha pack on a gift card i threw away i would ask for my money back... and when and I.S. pilot says this

[color=#959595]The latest Nerf or adjustment to the Clan ER laser makes it about unplayable. Already even with a pair of them it is a constant battle with heat overload and this will go over the top. This is not a balance. Even in lore the clan ER laser was better by range, but you still have to focus on your target for good damage. This does not often happen at long range against moving targets. The IS large laser was working a better, but the new adjustment is not only unwanted, but it is overkill. There are other ways to balance FW, try making Mechs better---not worse! [/color]

[color=#959595]there is a big problem PGI[/color]

#3 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:36 PM

It was worse when they changed the drop tonnage for faction play.
All the mechs you bought turned into unusable trash.

And IS mechs are way cheaper, you can buy packs ingame with MCs you earned from events.
For clan you have to use real money or buy one by one. Many S-Variants are only available through real money purchases and arent listed ingame.

Edited by Quandoo, 12 December 2017 - 03:38 PM.

#4 Your Father Really

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 12 December 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hello,

I need to ask, was it not the skill tree to balance everything that was suggested and introduced ? Also, the poor players that spent money on a mech that for all intentions has already got a nerf. The best part, I was on a twitch feed where IS players(WELL KNOWN PEOPLE) were discussing the piranha, how PGI should nerf it since it will be OP and this was pre-release ? What did we get in this patch ? an indirect nerf.

Did they have the chance to prove this, or do certain people have say in things because of other reasons ? Or are they clairvoyant ? Funny clan has gotten the most thumbs down via nerfs, but mathematically most top players meaning rankings are playing mostly IS ? Since clan is OP, why run IS ? I can say this, spending is a waste and Giving a free mech does not make it better.

#5 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Another point that was just made to me that I feel is worth putting up here: every patch you make buffs IS and nerfs Clan. Every time you "balance" the game you just push the ball further into the IS court. The only time Clans pick up any ground in Faction Play right now is when the Mercs switch over.

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 November 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

Yeah, did the numbers... The BLR-1G and other ranged quirked IS mechs level the playing field if not give IS an edge (the edge really being their *other* quirks). +10 range puts the difference within *meters* of clan...

(note screenshots show max range skill of +15%)

Clan ERLL:
Posted Image

Optimal:851m
Max Range: 1702m

IS ERLL (+10% Range)
Posted Image

Optimal: 843
Max Range 1687

That's not even taking into account all the other quirks this mech has that help with ERLL like 15% Duration. It makes it a more effective hill humper than most clans.

The challenge for IS is that you have to find the right mechs from all the many, many variants/chassis to match up to each scenario/map/mode/tactic where with clans it is much more plug-n-play. Not saying clans don't have their own challenges, but apart from the up front costs, it is far easier to tailor your existing omnimechs to your needs where IS you may have to go out a buy a whole new mech.

So my assertion is that is you have an FP drop where skill/teamwork levels are about the same and both sides bring the "right" mechs for their tactics (suiting map/mode of course) that the playing field would be far more level.

But not every IS players brings/knows to bring the best mechs...

Take a good look at the numbers on there and tell me how you can justify what you did to the Clan ERLL. We already have nearly 25% higher heat, 10% longer duration and 10% longer cooldown. Show me 1 single Clan mech that can fire 5 ERLL the same way IS meta builds do.

Right now, as far as I can tell, you're trying to kill FP by running players out of Clan so when you release MW5 most of the players here will give up on MWO and switch so you can quietly finish this post term abortion and go back to coddling the IS and Merc pilots who only learned about this game when it got released on steam and had never even heard of the franchise before that. One little step at a time you take away every thing that makes Clans worth playing and as a Clan Wolf Loyalist since TT I have no real intention of wasting my time or money on a game that won't provide me what I started playing BattleTech and MechWarrior for.

Russ, if you treated the REAL fan base, the guys and gals who have spent years painting the models and reading the books, the players who have been rocking the same mechs and supporting the franchise for 20+ years, the way you treat those twitchers and CoD Jockies to whom you pander ceaselessly, you would have a much more vibrant and enjoyable community and game in general.

P.S.: Fix the Assassin, please. Hit boxes like pencil sticks, runs over 130, flies like the wind and hits for a 32 point Alpha that never over heats. The Piranha hasn't even been released and you've already started nerfing the weapons you know their going to be taking.

Stop insulting us.

Edited by TheMightySpin, 13 December 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#6 Rick T Dangerous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 354 posts
  • LocationExactly above Earth's center

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 13 December 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Another point that was just made to me that I feel is worth putting up here: every patch you make buffs IS and nerfs Clan. Every time you "balance" the game you just push the ball further into the IS court. The only time Clans pick up any ground in Faction Play right now is when the Mercs switch over.

Take a good look at the numbers on there and tell me how you can justify what you did to the Clan ERLL. We already have nearly 25% higher heat, 10% longer duration and 10% longer cooldown. Show me 1 single Clan mech that can fire 5 ERLL the same way IS meta builds do.

Right now, as far as I can tell, you're trying to kill FP by running players out of Clan so when you release MW5 most of the players here will give up on MWO and switch so you can quietly finish this post term abortion and go back to coddling the IS and Merc pilots who only learned about this game when it got released on steam and had never even heard of the franchise before that. One little step at a time you take away every thing that makes Clans worth playing and as a Clan Wolf Loyalist since TT I have no real intention of wasting my time or money on a game that won't provide me what I started playing BattleTech and MechWarrior for.

Russ, if you treated the REAL fan base, the guys who have spent years painting the models and reading the books, the players who have been rocking the same mechs and supporting the franchise for 20+ years, the way you treat those twitchers and CoD Jockies to whom you pander ceaselessly, you would have a much more vibrant and enjoyable community and game in general.

P.S.: Fix the Assassin, please. Hit boxes like pencil sticks, runs over 130, flies like the wind and hits for a 32 point Alpha that never over heats. The Piranha hasn't even been released and you've already started nerfing the weapons you know their going to be taking.

Stop insulting us.

Well, I agree with almost everything you wrote there. Except for the switching to MW5 part. Bad strategy and bad marketing to make players hate IS tech and then release a game that features only that IS tech at peak LossTech.

Until Russ, Paul and PGI stop insulting clan loyalists, sing along:

#7 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

That's beautiful. Absolutely perfect.

Thank you

Edited by TheMightySpin, 13 December 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#8 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

I wonder why people are complaining about so minor problems as the ballance is in comparison to basic technical horrible problems this game has and developers are not able to be honest enough to mension it even they are not able to repair all the sh*t they have made. Still unstable in case of net coding, almost each public match there are horrible frame drops even on very strong rigs, etc. ..., etc. ...
I am mentioning this f*ck ups all the time and still pgi trolls are just grinding peoples' wallets with just new mechs ...

#9 A Fluffybunny with lasers

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

So do you want to buy a mech pack? We will nerf it for you at additional cost saying it is better then the IS mechs. Comes with its own grill which is hotter then the IS ones. Some one please show me some thing that PGI hasnt nerfed in the clan side of the house (that will be a long time before that happens as if its clan it has been screwed in some fashion). Remove the nerfs and quirks from ALL mechs and then you can justify the over pricing on the clan side in either c bills or MC. The drop weights wouldnt be bad if the nerfs and quirks were removed as then it would be more along the 10-12 that PGI cant program since they them shelves have already said they dont have talented enough programmers for that. Out of all the battletech/mechwarrior games that has been out there this is the only one that the clans over heat by sneezing in the cockpit. The heat setting for the game just SUCK as you cant seem to get it right then you crank up the heat on the mechs and weapon systems at least for the clan side. then PGI insist that all new maps have to be extreme heat. Its sad that the difference of over heating on VF map and PH is the firing of one weapon system for the same amount of weapons fire.

#10 Invictus XVII

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:25 AM

Just... lel

You know PGI has very complicated diagnostic tools to see the over-all performance of all weapons / chassies / quirks and what not right?

Stuff gets nerfed when its very - undenyably clear that one thing or another is under or over-powered.

Reasons why clan large lasers are nerfed - THEY ARE LIGHT AS ****.

lighter mechs can carry large lasers, 2 of them infact. Which means - more clans use large lasers in a single match in FW. Which also means an enormous boost to team DPS - which is still overwhelmingly tilted in favor of clans btw, to a point where most IS mechs cant deal, as only lights have the agility to really avoid it on the IS side.

Reasons why MG got nerfed for clan.
They weigh 0.25 tons - IS variant is 0.5 (which is a massive deal btw)
Most clan variants have more balistic hardpoints - so its easier to boat for clans.
IS usually only have 2-3 if any - on awkward places and even less hardpoints for energy weapons on average - making dps, using these, still give an overpowering dps compared to IS counterparts (including the calculation that most IS have more structure and more health on their components, which ads about 0.05 seconds to its survivability on average vs clans) For the cheap price of 2-3 times the weigh of clan counterparts, so theres that.

Clan MG's are also a cheaper investment, IS rarely have any tonnage to spare on extra equipment - its all or nothing.

A great example is the MG lynx with bloddy 8 bal !!! hardpoints, in its arms. With some energy to back it up. This little ****, instacrits anything with open armor. The max IS have, is 4 hardpoints for balistics. 6 if you count some IS assaults, but no one in their right mind would put mgs on an assault. The only IS mech with 4 balistic, light or medium, only have 1-2 energy to back it up with. And since theyre much eavier, you have to take a medium laser, and can never pair the two with anything harder punching unlike CLANS.

Have any of you actually checked the math on these nerfs and buffs before you all start crying?

Its not like they killed the weapon off.

Also for those who cry that the game is not pay to win for buying a priannah (which will nerf the absolute **** out of all mgs in near future btw) FU.

#11 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

View PostInvictus XVII, on 21 December 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Just... lel

You know PGI has very complicated diagnostic tools to see the over-all performance of all weapons / chassies / quirks and what not right?

Stuff gets nerfed when its very - undenyably clear that one thing or another is under or over-powered.

lighter mechs can carry large lasers, 2 of them infact. Which means - more clans use large lasers in a single match in FW. Which also means an enormous boost to team DPS - which is still overwhelmingly tilted in favor of clans btw, to a point where most IS mechs cant deal, as only lights have the agility to really avoid it on the IS side.

Most clan variants have more balistic hardpoints - so its easier to boat for clans.
IS usually only have 2-3 if any - on awkward places and even less hardpoints for energy weapons on average - making dps, using these, still give an overpowering dps compared to IS counterparts (including the calculation that most IS have more structure and more health on their components, which ads about 0.05 seconds to its survivability on average vs clans) For the cheap price of 2-3 times the weigh of clan counterparts, so theres that.

Clan MG's are also a cheaper investment, IS rarely have any tonnage to spare on extra equipment - its all or nothing.

A great example is the MG lynx with bloddy 8 bal !!! hardpoints, in its arms. With some energy to back it up. This little ****, instacrits anything with open armor. The max IS have, is 4 hardpoints for balistics. 6 if you count some IS assaults, but no one in their right mind would put mgs on an assault. The only IS mech with 4 balistic, light or medium, only have 1-2 energy to back it up with. And since theyre much eavier, you have to take a medium laser, and can never pair the two with anything harder punching unlike CLANS.

Have any of you actually checked the math on these nerfs and buffs before you all start crying?

Also for those who cry that the game is not pay to win for buying a priannah (which will nerf the absolute **** out of all mgs in near future btw) FU.

Great here comes the all mighty IS Pugger knight in shinny armor telling us he believe the all godly tools of PGI never made mistakes and this nerf is justified. Ok so lets go with weight then. How many CERLL max do you ussually see mounted on a Clan Mech? 2 you say? Ok

How many do you see mounted on a IS mech max? Oh Two you say? So tell me how does weight interferied there?
Oh and guess what? When you fire it, you actually do damage in a faster burst while albeit miniscule range difference.
So again how does weight justify the nerf?

Also, you can bring HEAVIER mechs to FW???? You have selective amnesia there friend, might want to check up on that.

And why the hell are you even on about MG anyways? You dont like how they are, go on a thread for it. Not on this one. Dont justify flawed reason with off topic math.

Glad to have you in this thread troll, now kindly exit it.

Edited by Mr Salty Silva, 21 December 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#12 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostInvictus XVII, on 21 December 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

Just... lel

:DDD are you serious or is it irony? PGI and complicated tools? They are not able to manage basic simple vectorisation of movement(and I am not mentioning the inverse kinematics implementation. What they do is just tracing one point in the game engine, recalculating walk cycles in dependency on the velocity and finally |solving| some rotations[i mean JUST one axis!!!!) PGI uselelss empty skulls are scared of it in the game and you are telling me this? And still they dare to charge people for money. Posted Image Simply, you are funny ...

#13 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:36 AM

We are first jaguar guards and i am a clan fanboy.
Even this way, i am forced to play IS in faction play because pgi overnerfs clans over and over and over.

Clans need less heat on erll erppc and erml
More range on gauss (both clan and is)
Less jamming less heat on uacs (both factions)

#14 Mr Salty Silva

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

View Postanonymous223, on 24 December 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

We are first jaguar guards and i am a clan fanboy.
Even this way, i am forced to play IS in faction play because pgi overnerfs clans over and over and over.

Clans need less heat on erll erppc and erml
More range on gauss (both clan and is)
Less jamming less heat on uacs (both factions)

Just no... Want more range on gauss? Skill it on the tree.
Jamming is a poor mechanic on FPS but one you can adapt to.
UAC's needed the heat nerf, they are in a good spot now.
Lasers are in a good spot now, except for the Pulse lasers and ERLL. I believe the Pulse lasers need the damage a bit amped up (even if its just 0.5 damage increase). As for the ERLL, well, its documented above.

Same for the LMG's which already nerfed the piranha before its actually released.

#15 SyztemKrash

Rookie

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 07:50 AM

Gotta love the weight argument that gets brought up.. How many DHS need to be added to a clan weapon just to make it viable, and then how much ahead are you really? 1 CERLL 4 tons 1 slot plus 2 DHS to semi-counter heat.. Now it's a 6 Ton weapon, and takes up 5 Slots, just to make it comparable to the IS variant which takes up 2 Slots and uses 5 tons. In the current state Clan weapons are not lighter than the IS when put into a usable state on a mech, so this ******** argument and excuse is getting old.

Another point to make to those who say omni mechs are plug and play, fail to realize that any quirks we get are generally tied to an 8 Piece Set bonus, which gets removed when you change out to a different omnipod on the chassis. So any chassis quirks we may have received are lost when clan decides to customize a mech.
Very few clan mechs have quirks on the omnipods that carry over outside of an 8 piece bonus set.

Edited by Krash9mm, 05 January 2018 - 08:23 AM.

#16 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:34 AM

Now they are messing up the clan medium pulse lasers too Posted Image
I already switched to IS for the better dmg / heat ratio - and single bullet AC guns and heavy gauss and medium lasers and better machine guns. There are more options since clan only has pulse and ER lasers.

Expecially the IS ac guns are overpowered. 4xAC10 pinpoint with no option for the ememy to torso twist and spread the damage. A good player can kill an assault with 3 shots of quad AC10. But he can't with clan AC10.

On top, add IS quirks you find on every mech. Few even have 20% cooldown/range/velocity etc...

I would like to suggest PGI a better approach how to get things done the right way.
Google "Jobs to be done". It focuses around not getting fooled by statistics and falsely interpreted correlations. Like the one when comparing total damage against efficiency of weapons - or even worse CLAN vs IS performance. Then don't forget that IS AC10 kills faster since its the more precise weapon and will be 3 times more deadly in the hands of a good player.

Edited by Quandoo, 20 January 2018 - 01:55 AM.

#17 Zorakh

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

Seems like the PGI devs are IS loyalists or something...? Clans have been getting pushed back in faction warfare for a while now, and the response is to buff up the IS stuff again and nerf clans even more?

#18 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:32 PM

You guys cry so much about clan nerfs, [redacted] when all the best teams still go clan and the inner sphere hasn't won a single faction war map.

[redacted]

Your hellbringers will still **** anything they see when they peek over a hill and your mad cat II's and marauder IIC's will still destroy everything infront of them, so stop bitching.

#19 Zorakh

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 20 January 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

You guys cry so much about clan nerfs, WAHHHHHH CLAN NERFS WAAAAHHH CLAN NERFS WAHHHHH when all the best teams still go clan and the inner sphere hasn't won a single faction war map.

BUT MUH TONNAGE
BUT MUH ARMOR QUIRKS
BUT MUH, M

Shut the **** up.

Your hellbringers will still **** anything they see when they peek over a hill and your mad cat II's and marauder IIC's will still destroy everything infront of them, so stop bitching.

I've seen IS win several war cycles recently.. you guys have taken back a ton of planets in the last couple of months...?what are you referring to..

#20 Riothan

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Maybe im too naive but i belive clan mechs are better in battletech lore no?

they have better range and almost no heat generation, (in lore lol), i suggets pgi get some shots of bt lore soon or clans will be sore losers in this good game

Edited by Riothan, 20 January 2018 - 09:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users