Mechs Available In Mw5

41 replies to this topic

#1 ParaOrdnance

• PipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:36 PM

So after the mech con event and the announcement/ showing of some alpha builds of the new mw game I'm pretty pumped. There is one thing that's bothering me though. Do you think we will see all the IS mechs available in 3025? Because that opens up a bunch of chassis that we don't have and are frankly moving away from in mwo. I think it would be cool to have hatchet man, ostoc, etc. But I wonder what the chances are of getting those and the others in this game. What do you guys think?

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

I honestly doubt we'll have any mechs that we don't have here in MW:O.

#3 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:46 AM

Ya, safe bet is all the timeline-appropriate mechs currently in MWO and nothing else. Thus far we have seen:

Shadow Hawk
Raven
Atlas
Jagermech
Locust
Catapult

#4 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

Well, all I can say is - if Marauder ain't in it, I ain't buyin' !

#5 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostMichael Knell, on 13 December 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Well, all I can say is - if Marauder ain't in it, I ain't buyin' !

That will depends completely on how the HG lawsuit goes. If PGI can chase them out and get it dismissed before final production, I'm sure it will be there. If there is any hint of it not going in PGIs favor, I'm not sure they could take that risk of allowing a release such as MW5 with content contrary to court order. Makes for a bad day for the Dev and publisher.

#6 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:59 AM

I hope they keep the career path idea from the original aborted MW5. Like the idea of signing up to play as a pilot of a particular weight class and remain within that class for the whole game instead of just jumping to heavy or assaults as soon as possible. It would mean a very different experience for four separate play throughs.

#7 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

Based on what we have in MWO, i'll guess that (lawsuit notwithstanding) we will see...

Lights: Locust, Commando, Javelin, Spider, Urbie, Firestarter, Jenner, Panther, Raven, Wolfhound (late game)

Medium: Assassin, Cicada, Blackjack, Phoenix Hawk, Vindicator, Centurion, Crab, Enforcer, Hunchy, Trebuchet, Griffin, Kintaro, Shadow Hawk, Wolverine

Heavy: Dragon, Quickdraw, Rifleman, Catapult, Jagermech, T-bolt, Archer, Cataphract (late game), Grasshopper, Warhammer, Black Knight (lostech find maybe), Marauder, Orion.

Assault: Awesome, Victor, Zeus, Battlemaster, Stalker, Cyclops, Highlander (Lostech maybe?), Mauler (Daboku variant, late game), Banshee, Annihilator (from the dragoons maybe?), Atlas and King Crab and Nightstar (as a lostech find).

That would make 50 mechs, with 10 variants each that would make the 500 variants PGI has referred to in the interviews.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

The original timeline stated 3015 to 3049.

As of Mech Con, I heard that had changed to just a 20 year span.

Can anyone confirm?

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 15 December 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

I hope they keep the career path idea from the original aborted MW5. Like the idea of signing up to play as a pilot of a particular weight class and remain within that class for the whole game instead of just jumping to heavy or assaults as soon as possible. It would mean a very different experience for four separate play throughs.

That's not happening. This isn't MW5 but MW5 Mercs, as such you are a mercenary with a tiny backwater merc company taking on backwater jobs with **** you inherited from your parents. You'll be able to use any mech class that you have, though the heavier it is the steeper the repair costs can be. You don't drop an assault mech on just any mission. Not unless you want to be broke.

You are supposed to be able to have a difference experience through many playthroughs, as the missions are a combination of scripted and random, mechs available in given areas can cary based on RNG and location availability (that PGI will likely make up, like the Shadow Hawk's single shot AC/5) and that you can work in any IS region of space, meaning that a playthrough of your life through Davion space is going to be very different (in theory) than in Kurita space.

One could compare it to Star Control II, the UrQuan Masters. Basically like Mass Effect but with a time limit. There's a huge open universe in which you gotta get resources collect allies build your fleet, etc. and you only have a certain amount of time to do it and as such doing everything in a single playthrough, or hell even 40% of everything is impossible. As time wanes, the UrQuan Zohr Za and UrQuan Kohr Ah converge on each other. One annihilating entire alien races as it travels. The other encasing them in slave spheres, preventing you from accessing them.

So something like that. The ending event is actually the Clans in this case and you have until then to build your unit and make your mark on the universe.

#10 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

That does sound pretty good. Wonder if they will do a game based on the clans after since the engine and mechs will have been made. The only Clan based MW games (on PC at least) were the original MW2 and it's Ghost Bear expansion.

#11 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 11:39 AM

You can be pretty sure we'll get a Clan expansion pack. They wouldn't let all of those Clan models go to waste. They can print money with existing content from MWO. Though with a Clan campaign, I would hope there would be more story, less RNG.

#12 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:12 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 04 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

You can be pretty sure we'll get a Clan expansion pack. They wouldn't let all of those Clan models go to waste. They can print money with existing content from MWO. Though with a Clan campaign, I would hope there would be more story, less RNG.

Odds are if they did an expansion it would just be the clan invasion bolted onto the end of the base campaign. Rather than ending at the clan invasion your merch company now works on contracts defending against the invading clans. with the main selling point being you can salvage and use clan mechs. I only hope that if they do this they let us make cross tech builds since meta balance isn't an issue.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

View PostKoniving, on 23 December 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

The original timeline stated 3015 to 3049.

As of Mech Con, I heard that had changed to just a 20 year span.

Can anyone confirm?

Anyone get an answer to this yet?
I missed my chance to ask in the AMA.

And are we getting arm-independent crosshair (the "o" to go with the "+")?

---

That said. Either way, Clan mechs won't be in the initial release. The climax of the plot is supposed to be:
Spoiler

#14 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

I've looked through the trailers so far (2/13/19) to see what has been shown so far. This is what I have seen so far (in no particular order)...
  • Shadow Hawk
  • Raven
  • Jagermech
  • Catapult
  • Atlas
  • Locust
  • Hunchback
  • Spider
  • Victor
  • King Crab
  • Marauder
  • Cicada
  • Firestarter
  • Griffin
  • Thunderbolt
  • Dragon
  • Stalker
  • Banshee
  • Commando
  • Blackjack
  • Warhammer (MechCon 2018 Trailer @ 0:45).
These are what I recognized. The only one I am uncertain of is the Warhammer. I don't see the launcher on the shoulder, but the shoulders themselves, cockpit, and CT look really close to one.

That is what I had spotted just looking back through the released videos.

#15 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:46 PM

The Nightstar was shown in a screenshot on Monday.

#16 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:34 AM

View PostRekkon, on 13 February 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

The Nightstar was shown in a screenshot on Monday.

Wow. That mech is pretty OP considering the timeline of the game. It would be interesting to see if that is more of a boss, or just a regular mech to buy or salvage.

P.S. Just looked for a screenshot of it and saw it in the dropship. Looks to be an acquirable mech. That thing is going to be a monster pre-3050.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 14 February 2019 - 03:40 AM.

#17 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

Anything Star League era is going to have a big advantage, and thus will presumably be rare/unique finds. And/or be later game models as stuff from the Helm core gets back in production. Depending on the pace of in-game progression, that could make an interesting upgrade path where you spend the early game generally improving your tonnage and the late game improving its quality.

Edited by Rekkon, 18 February 2019 - 08:51 AM.

#18 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 02:26 PM

Or it could be used as a 'boss' fight of sorts. With potential for salvage after you down it. Even if you don't get the mech. It might have some star league loot to salvage. That's something I really want to feel in MW5. That "Oh yeah!" moment of getting that rare piece of kit or mech.

#19 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

Nightstar's official availability for any real numbers of Nightstar is Comstar ever since the early Succession Wars.

So, this implies that either you're gonna face someone that stole one from Comstar...as such, a "boss fight".

Or you could face Comstar.

An interesting question would be this: do you think we might be able to face some of MWO's made up hero mechs?

If we find a Nightstar laying around on X planet to be sold, I'm gonna **** bricks and not in a good way. More like a Juan Luc Picard double facepalm way.
Spoiler

In fact, if it is...
Spoiler

#20 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:57 AM

Issue is that I'm not convinced that the Nightstar could find its way into the SinglePlayer Campagin in a sensitive way.

Like the Kodiak in MW2:Mercs it might be a mission, that does't make sense at all. ComStar would not use a NightStar outside of Terra not even after the Parandoras Helm Box was open... heck even in 39 the DC only got Mechs without sophisticated systems.

But given that its a Mechwarrior the number of destroyed Mechs by the player will already leave a bad taste

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users