Game Broken, Blame Win10 Update Or What?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Raudo Testoman

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

Started the game today.
First i got the "Unsupported video card" note. There is green border around my gamescreen.

Launched a match. Turns out that i cannot control my mech as keyboard or mouse doenst work.
I can only alt+tab out and quit the game. Tried testing grounds too, same result.

There was Windows 10 patch that required to restart my pc today, so was it the cause? Or what?

edit.
I also tried verifying files through Steam

Edited by Raudo Testoman, 13 December 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#2 Major Spongebob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 128 posts
  • LocationB/W

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

HI,
yes is my prob. too

#3 Ace Kirby

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationDream Land

Posted 26 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

A green border sometimes indicates an active sandbox in which the game or application is running.

Check your Internet Security suite (Norton, Kaspersky etc.) for a list of unknown executables or programs containing "MWOClient.exe" and unblock and put it in an exclusion list for future updates, depending on your suite.

#4 Krist Smith

Senior Engineer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 629 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:14 PM

View PostRaudo Testoman, on 13 December 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Started the game today.
First i got the "Unsupported video card" note. There is green border around my gamescreen.

Launched a match. Turns out that i cannot control my mech as keyboard or mouse doenst work.
I can only alt+tab out and quit the game. Tried testing grounds too, same result.

There was Windows 10 patch that required to restart my pc today, so was it the cause? Or what?

edit.
I also tried verifying files through Steam

View PostAce Kirby, on 26 December 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

A green border sometimes indicates an active sandbox in which the game or application is running.

Check your Internet Security suite (Norton, Kaspersky etc.) for a list of unknown executables or programs containing "MWOClient.exe" and unblock and put it in an exclusion list for future updates, depending on your suite.

It's also possible that Windows is trying to do it's "Game Mode Fullscreen Optimizations", which do cause conflicts sometimes. But, of course, that's with fullscreen. So if you run Windowed this is probably not your issue. At any rate, to be certain, what you can do is disable this feature and see if it helps. In order to disable it, you will need to navigate to the game's executable in Windows Explorer, Bin64/MWOClient.exe (assuming you're running 64-bit, otherwise it's the same filename in the Bin32 folder). Right-click the file, and go to the properties. In the Compatibility tab, near the bottom, check the "Disable fullscreen optimizations" checkbox and hit OK. Now try running the game again. Also, depending on your video card, maybe try using DirectX 9 instead of 11. We're investigating some reports in which players are saying that this is more stable.

Please let me know if this helps. If not, then could you provide a little more information on your setup? In particular I'd like to know your GPU.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users