2 replies to this topic

#1 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

Dear PGI.

instead of the current PSR which basically pushes everyone into tier 1 over time no matter how good they really are, how about assigning tiers based on monthly stats?

so if this month my match score is above a certain threshold, then i'll be in a certain tier next month.

if i decide to be an idiot and run lousy builds that wastes everyones time, and as a result my match score is trash for this month, then the system automatically puts me in tier 5 next month.

that way you'll have alot more accurate representation of the players skill in each tier,
instead of the dismal state of the tiers currently.

i thought climbing into tier 1 would remove me from potatoes.
but NO. i watched a tier 1 atlas leave the whole team to 1v1 an arctic cheetah.
wowz.

seriously PGI. having the above suggested system would balance the tiers more frequently and more accurately.
of course if there is a better statistic than match score then feel free to use that.

this is actually a good suggestion so i really hope you guys dont just pass it over
because the current state of the PSR is SO bad.

#2 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

The seal clubbers would approve for sure. Play a few intentional bad matches at T1 and then have a whole month of feeling godlike and maybe earn a Death Star achievement or two...

I think it would be better and easier to adjust PSR so it gets much harder to reach and maintain higher tiers.

Edited by Daggett, 14 December 2017 - 07:03 AM.

#3 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:05 AM

View PostDaggett, on 14 December 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

The seal clubbers would approve for sure. Play a few intentional bad matches at T1 and then have a whole month of feeling godlike and maybe earn a Death Star achievement or two...

I think it would be better and easier to adjust PSR so it gets much harder to reach and maintain higher tiers.

thats actually very hard to engineer.
it would mean play a few bad matches and then dont play for the rest of the month. (how many can actually resist? even the haters keep playing!)
or it would mean play terrible each and every single match for a whole month.
it's actually NOT that easy to engineer.
perhaps then to further prevent this, the statistic can be match score over 3 months.
thats almost impossible to engineer a drop tier then.

and the problem now isnt about getting into the higher tiers.
its that there are SO MANY BAD PLAYERS in tier 1, and they've gotten there just because they've been playing a LONG time...
we need a system that kicks them back down into a lower tier that matches their skill level!

hell if im playing like crap then kick me down too.

Edited by Dungeon 206, 15 December 2017 - 12:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users