Dps Got Overnerfed, Ttk Got Increased: Fp =Pve

15 replies to this topic

#1 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:18 AM

all ballistics got overnerfed, laser heat is too much, mech survival is too much and so time to kill has increased.

faction play environment was designed for older DPS values, older heat values and older survival parameters

atm there are 2 problems

1) 30 minutes are too few to play 4 waves in a "thinking man first person shooter", you need to zerg in no brain mode with srms and we don't like it, time must be at least 35-40 mins, so whe have time to put more depth and strategy in the game.

2) since dps is nerfed, no way you can stop a full zerg on gens. FP has become PvE.
People just zerg in gens and finish the game in 5mins with no fight. this is boring.

seriously buff skilled weapons (AC, gauss, lasers) or triple the health of the gens.

#2 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:28 AM

I would love to see my Gauss rifle nerfs lifted, They nerfed my precious because of the PPC/Gauss meta which is non existent anymore.
My Gauss need to compete with the ER large lasors! :P

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Sometimes it helps to actually protect the gens and not standing ground with ac2 and Er Large on overwatch. If u position for trading without a way for the enemy to attack u... open route to the gens...

#4 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

View PostXtremeAlex, on 17 December 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

2) since dps is nerfed, no way you can stop a full zerg on gens. FP has become PvE.
People just zerg in gens and finish the game in 5mins with no fight. this is boring.

You could defend your GENS instead of sitting at the edges of the map trying to farm damage at max ranges.

Play like a PUG, get rolled like a PUG.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:27 AM

You can play super aggressive at range.

#6 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:38 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 December 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

You can play super aggressive at range.

Without a doubt you can. But when you use your range as a crutch or thinking it will carry you to victory more often then not you will find it fails once you have to fight in a furball vs taking pot shots. Reliance on tech advantage over pilot skill will fail.

You have seen it just as often as I MsC. A side sitting at max range utilizing the range advantage but once the other side refuses to play that way and advances, those mechs fall apart, run away, and are used for spare parts in the end.

Play to your strengths, refuse the enemy to do the same, exploit human nature and habit, crush your enemies, and see them driven before you.

All that remains is the lamentations....

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

Plenty of time for complex strategy. If you need more than 30 min to prep and deploy tactics you're just dinking around.

Problem is people who mistake strategy and tactics for hiding and hoping the otger team will walk around in the open at long range. Someonw sets up a ranged position you hustle in on them and punch them in the face.

#8 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

1) 30 minutes are too few to play 4 waves in a "thinking man first person shooter"

It's way more than enough if you dont just sit in the back and play erll whole match on every single map.

#9 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

Been seeing the complaints about 'no brain SRMs' more often recently, and quite frankly it's embarrassing for those who say it. Here's the thing, you guys are damn good at kiting folks at extreme range and have mastered the ER Lightsaber extremely well. However if you expect everyone to play to your strengths and march into your well practised fire like lemmings then I think you arent as good as you think you are, or at least need to play more aggressively so people are forced to play at the ranges you dictate.

#10 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

all ballistics got overnerfed, laser heat is too much, mech survival is too much and so time to kill has increased.

faction play environment was designed for older DPS values, older heat values and older survival parameters

atm there are 2 problems

1) 30 minutes are too few to play 4 waves in a "thinking man first person shooter", you need to zerg in no brain mode with srms and we don't like it, time must be at least 35-40 mins, so whe have time to put more depth and strategy in the game.

seriously buff skilled weapons (AC, gauss, lasers) or triple the health of the gens.
had Chiekiez last night focus on objectives. Took him and the group he dropped with 4 waves and two of those were almost all assassins. Was a lot of fun to kill him 3 times ;)

Edited by Grus, 17 December 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#11 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 17 December 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

Plenty of time for complex strategy. If you need more than 30 min to prep and deploy tactics you're just dinking around.

Problem is people who mistake strategy and tactics for hiding and hoping the otger team will walk around in the open at long range. Someonw sets up a ranged position you hustle in on them and punch them in the face.

'Complex' strats, least ours, have developed over the course of time and a lot, a LOT, of trial and error, more error then anything.

A hidden benefit to group play is 11 other pair of eyes on the situation and 11 other brains working on solutions all in conjunction toward the same goal, ownership of the Inner Sphere.

Enjoyment fro me in those situations is when someone see's something that nobody else has, points it out, and we all are able to realize it and act. It could be from someone that has dropped with us for years or someone brand new to our channel and opened our eyes to something different.

Getting outside of the box your trapped in is a liberating experience.

#12 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

Ah, Guys.........there is this "thingy" called Solaris out there that is PGI's strategic business case for the out-years........ah, FP is dead, deader and deadest. Weapons are being, as I have been saying since May, de-evolved to lengthen TTk to make the Solaris battlespace values as long as possible.....to sell more "stuff"..... e-Sports will follow (can't wait to hear the wailing over that...!)

I know, you don't want to accept that but, it is where we are going. I like FP if and only if we revert weapons lethality back to November of 2016's levels....or, If I were in charge, I'd roll everything back to 2015 and start over with "team developed balance" where Comp, PUG and faction leaders would work with the corp in developing acceptable balance....

Oh well........for me here less tha a year, I would have loved to have seen it when it was somewhat working....

#13 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

Somehow i have an idea which match inspired this thread... in that match the so called "gen rush" was two IS Standard heavies/assaults waves, map Vitric Forge. The defenders decided for a very deep sniper defense, their positions way behind the gens. Any push would have been stopped in a deadly crossfire, therefore we decided to go for the unprotected objectives. It worked.

Edited by Michael Abt, 18 December 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#14 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

View PostMichael Abt, on 18 December 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Somehow i have an idea which match inspired this thread... in that match the so called "gen rush" was two IS Standard heavies/assaults waves, map Vitric Forge. The defenders decided for a very deep sniper defense, their positions way behind the gens. Any push would have been stopped in a deadly crossfire, therefore we decided to go for the unprotected objectives. It worked.

In that situation, you played it right.

You saw what they planned, identified the tactic, and refused to allow them to take advantage of it. Battlefield awareness and ability to adapt, well done.

They were hoping you would stop and hide once shot having to play peek a boo at their optimal range.

Keep aware of that habit! Notice it and exploit it to your advantage!

#15 Wolf McNish

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 18 December 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

You saw what they planned, identified the tactic, and refused to allow them to take advantage of it. Battlefield awareness and ability to adapt, well done.

They were hoping you would stop and hide once shot having to play peek a boo at their optimal range.

Reminds me of a match in Incursion last night where they thought they could do the long range farming and we just smashed into their based one side, took out nearly all buildings in the first wave and then decided to farm them! Posted Image Posted Image

The reaction of the enemy team was quite amusing! Posted Image Posted Image

Before that we had lost a match on Boreal Vault Defending though, because they had played it well and we fudged the first drop.

The only funnier thing than that rather forceful incursion, was a match later when we got to defend Grim Portico against a Skittles Team.....let them in, killed them and then pushed out Annihilators and all, conducting a very forward defense!
Very uncoordinated and then tried with a few mediums to break through and get the gens, but sadly a few of us, including a certain Annihilator dropped late........

.....And if an Annihilator parks his Lard-arse near the gens, fresh and the only thing incoming are mediums.......yeah fun times for the Annihilator! Posted Image

Edited by Wolf McNish, 18 December 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#16 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 18 December 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

I was in that match Abt mentioned. Really guys (i mean OP), we IS-loyalists often have to eat s*it in the FP matches, for years we are pushing against Poking-poptarting-run-away-Clanners...I mean c'mon! What do you left for options to us? And SRM-Brawls are not brainless, you need good coordination and big balls for good pushes against a fireline of Long-Range-Clanner. While you are standing on your hill 1500 m away and waiting for us. And thats what most Clanners do: waiting. If we IS wouldnt push all the time, what would you do?

Most matches where Clanners have to be active (attack or we have kill lead) we see a huge lack of tactic on some clanner teams. They cant do good attacks because they are not used to it because they mostly do the "waiting-tactic".

And now i have to read complaints about being aggressive in attack game mode is unfair?!

We had exactly 1 match the last MONTHS where a Clan-Team pushed in the first wave with SRMs, Dakka etc. THAT was fun and an awesome brawl from both sides. I cant remember, but i guess it was the 77th Unit...thank you guys for doing a great match, both sides with brawling machines finally! o7

And just a friendly advice: If there are objectives, you have to protect them ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users