New Mechwarrior 5 Videos And Article At Ign

5 replies to this topic

#1 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...at-feel-massive

Enjoy folks. I have to admit that I really like hearing the Leopard's engines roaring en-route.

Oh, and the fellow playing is much less of a spaz than the prior video.

#2 eXizt

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 96 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I hope there will be more colors than red for the environment.

#3 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:10 PM

It definitely looks a bit different from MWO. Just little things that add up. Dunno if they're gonna keep with that missile system. The AI doesn't seem particularly great but its always looks like shite a year before launch. Would be glad to pilot some PGI battlemechs built for PvE encounters instead of just against other battlemechs in a deathmatch. Variety is nice, after all.

#4 Uncle Butch

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:28 AM

This is shaping up to be a great game, from the looks of it. This demo definitely puts the reveal trailer to shame. And those visuals...oh god...those visuals. I love the way all the weapons look, fire, and sound. I also love the return to an older style omnipods screen. Reminds me of the old BattleTech character sheets.

Ok guys, I've never had a chance to play any other MW game before this one, I've only ever played BT besides MWO. I'm fresh blood to the franchise. However, I'm not fresh blood to the Half-Life franchise. Let me tell you guys this much: PGI is taking an absolutely yuuuuge risk making MW5. Expectations are high, and the tension is palpable. Even VALVe themselves refuse to make a sequel to the now 14 year old Half-Life 2 episodes because they're "afraid of backlash". So at least give PGI some good-boy-points for not b****ing out and actually giving the fans what they've been waiting so long for.

With that said, here are some things you should consider in order to embolden our gold 'mech selling, Ferrari driving overlords:
  • Refrain from nitpicking on trivial details
  • Encourage implementation of NEW ideas and features
  • Refrain from "muh mek werr-ee-er 4" comparisons
  • Encourage PGI to take their time and not fold to "AAA Publisher" schemes of making money

Remember, devs are human too and want to know that the game they're making is going to be fun for countless hours. More "this game looks great, but here's how you can improve it" and less of "this game looks like garbage because I'm an old codger stuck in the early 2000s" would be graaaaaaand.

k thnx bai.
:^)

[edit] : Here are some questions I actually have for the PGI team about this new game.
  • What are you doing with MW5 in order to assure the attraction of fresh blood to this franchise?
  • What do you want the players feel while in the heat of battle, and how are you making it happen?
  • Are there any plans for VR support in the future?
  • What made you decide to use the UT4 engine?
  • How many 'mechs should we expect to pilot? Any plans for new 'mechs?
  • Should we expect MP to be similar to MW:O?
  • How are you going to monetize this game?
kk, dun nao, bai
:^)

Edited by Uncle Butch, 02 January 2018 - 05:42 AM.

#5 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

I was thinking that we actually lack a fair amount of mechs made for PvE in Mechwarrior Online. Quite frequently mechs have been designed specifically to facilitate the deathmatch nature of Mechwarrior Online. Thinking about how many mechs available at 3015 we have in the game there is bound to see some disappointment if we don't either get additional mechs they change up how weapon and equipment hardpoints work.

#6 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

I'd still like to see a PVE mode in MWO. I know so many people who are put off by the absolutely crushing and unforgivable nature of the game. I think it's also a good way for PGI to make more money, many mechs that are not well optimized for PVP can be great at PVE. It'd also be good at somewhat dispersing the meta that I hate so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users