10 replies to this topic

#1 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Lets hear what you guys think about this subject. There were so many games that earned the biggest joke award by communites and all that mainly got to where enough is enough. To me, 2017 brought things that 97% of gamers on all platforms didnt want and that was (Micro Transactions). Games that are a 60$ Tripple A title were being exploited intentionally by dev companies for inapropriate purposes other than what they were claiming.

For exmaple, EA's Monetization of Predatory Gambling Practices with Star Wars Battlefront 2 and their other recent titles. There are other games that were engaged in that kind of f----y too so EA isnt the only group of morons out there. Activision did something FAR worse for COD and ya. Not going to lie. Its very bad of what they did with their multiplayer. They made a **** move if you know what i mean.

I like to see what everyone here thinks since alot of games lately did fail poorly without question especially when you had people like Zackery Levi who roasted those for inputting Micro Transactions on their games at the Game Awards 2017.

Here are the Rules.

No.1 Name the game you think that was engaged in a major form of screw ups or worse, ended up having a dead franchise.

No. 2 You CANNOT Name a Free To play Title Game due to the fact that we didnt pay 60$ to play it.

No. 3 When you call a game out, Explain 1 or 2 good basic reasons for why.

No. 4 When someone makes their post of reason, no quoting, no politics.

With 2018 just days away, lets what everyone thinks.

Moderators I understand if this might break code of conduct but there are rules on the thread. No offense intended Posted Image

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Someone needs to explain to me why everyone is mad at EA doing wht others do since ages? Oh yeah wait,

Posted Image

#1 basically every p2p or b2p game that suddenly changed model into f2p housing any ingame shops and stuff.

Edited by Lily from animove, 31 December 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#3 StompingOnTanks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 31 December 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

Someone needs to explain to me why everyone is mad at EA doing wht others do since ages?

-DROPS INTO THIS CONVERSATION FROM ORBIT-

Well basically none of the AAA games before SWBF2 were straight up pay-to-win in their microtransactions and lootbox-based leveling system, although believe me there has been plenty of reasonable objections and complains about $60 games having microtransactions and lootboxes at all for several years now, I hear it from my gamer friends and clanmates all the time.

SWBF2 is also a pretty high-profile game, so more people are rallying to gun it down for it's P2W micro transactions then there would be for a less popular or F2P title that did the same thing. As such, SWBF2 and EA have become the big bad guys in the gaming community's push to stop micro-transactions from ruining AAA games.

As for my worst game of the year... Well I didn't buy a single AAA game this year, except for Titanfall 2 which is ******* fantastic. I still play it. I played it this morning.

So I can't comment on that otherwise.

#4 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

View PostStompingOnTanks, on 31 December 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

-DROPS INTO THIS CONVERSATION FROM ORBIT-

Well basically none of the AAA games before SWBF2 were straight up pay-to-win in their microtransactions and lootbox-based leveling system

MUHAHHHAA,, maybe in the EA derplings assortment of software products but there have been other AAA's with lootboxes and entry fee as well. Guess those EA customers suddenly arrved in 2010 xD

they are such funny naive gamers, but hey doesn't matters, soon it's 2018 and they can now rebuy all the sports titles "random sport" 2018 again and full price. Thats even worse than lootbox stuff and whaetever. But if they talk about how EA become suddenly the bad guys they probably never bought EA games with open eyes. Everoyne beeing like 30+ nowdays knows that EA are the evil people since like 10 years already, and probably even beyond that.

#5 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

View PostWing 0, on 25 December 2017 - 02:24 AM, said:

Lets hear what you guys think about this subject. There were so many games that earned the biggest joke award by communites and all that mainly got to where enough is enough. To me, 2017 brought things that 97% of gamers on all platforms didnt want and that was (Micro Transactions). Games that are a 60$ Tripple A title were being exploited intentionally by dev companies for inapropriate purposes other than what they were claiming.

For exmaple, EA's Monetization of Predatory Gambling Practices with Star Wars Battlefront 2 and their other recent titles. There are other games that were engaged in that kind of f----y too so EA isnt the only group of morons out there. Activision did something FAR worse for COD and ya. Not going to lie. Its very bad of what they did with their multiplayer. They made a **** move if you know what i mean.

I like to see what everyone here thinks since alot of games lately did fail poorly without question especially when you had people like Zackery Levi who roasted those for inputting Micro Transactions on their games at the Game Awards 2017.

Here are the Rules.

No.1 Name the game you think that was engaged in a major form of screw ups or worse, ended up having a dead franchise.

No. 2 You CANNOT Name a Free To play Title Game due to the fact that we didnt pay 60$ to play it.

No. 3 When you call a game out, Explain 1 or 2 good basic reasons for why.

No. 4 When someone makes their post of reason, no quoting, no politics.

With 2018 just days away, lets what everyone thinks.

Moderators I understand if this might break code of conduct but there are rules on the thread. No offense intended Posted Image

This is very easy.

Destiny 2.

Major major screw up by Bungie and Activision as they literally loaded the game with microtransactions. I heard that to collect all the possible engrams, you would have to spend over $10,000.

Destiny 2 comes very close to SWBF2 for the sheer size of the scandal, and just as targeted as EA and SWBF2 by gaming industry critics like Jimquisition and Yongyea.

Unless one's head has been hidden in the sand all this time, I don't need to explain why Destiny rivals SWBF2 as one of the biggest disasters in the gaming industry this year.

#6 Gimme1

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Elder Scrolls Online: When it first came out they expected you to pay $80 (AUD) to buy the game then you were supposed to pay $20 a month to play the bloody thing. After their first year they realised that this isn't working so they took that away,Great hey not really and here's why.

By them removing the $20 p/m sub they added a " VIP" sub instead that you can choose to buy that gives you access to all DLC (That by the was I think is awesome) A bottomless bag for all your craft needed items ( Again Awesome) And faster EXP gain. All real good value the problem is that at the exact time the membership ends if you have more than the bag space revers to then all the great stuff you did have if you are not near a city you now have to drop effectively wasting all that time you just put into grinding to get.

Now before you go well Psh that's kinda the point of the sub yes I know that,However when the sub runs out you also lose access to all DLC well again Yes we all know this but if you happen to be running quests in any of these DLC areas you then either have to abandon the quests again wasting all that time spent,

Buy money ( Let's call it MC) to buy the DLC to finish it or re-buy the sub. Again you may say well Psh that's the point of Sub and in a way yes you will be right ,However I will further go into that although it is not exactly a pay to win but they sell the game in a way to make you think you can be any race with any alliance and are not locked to anyone power meaning (for those not familiar with elder scrolls) you can be a tank that has a Staff instead of a sword and shield.You can do that as long as you pay the wonderful One off fee of $15.95 (AUD) Only after doing that you then can be any race playing for any alliance.

Not to mention all the rare items you have a chance to win in the market place by buying the cards from the wizard ( I forget the guys name as I have never been to him) because you probably guessed it he only takes credit cards awesome isn't it.

Lastly though I do have to give the creators a pat on the back because all that bitching about and the crap money sucking portions of their game it is in my opinion a great game with awesome graphics hundreds of hours of game play and more being added all the time (However it is always going to be a DLC) and some great enemies to fight (even tho it does get a bit repetitive) They also have gone to the trouble of adding a different story line for each faction (even though you will need to do the exact same missions every time you start a new hero in that faction) and I think we all would be OK with that.

#7 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

I like what I'm seeing. interesting points from others on other games that had a screw up. Here's another good one

Mass Effect Andromeda

A title that was rushed out. Wasn't completely polished, So many bugs that were seen. Got to love the Youtubers and Streamers showing the horrid times that they encountered while playing it.

Worse of all, The franchise has now been put to scrap.

I think this title was a start of major screw ups that later came to pass.

Edited by Wing 0, 06 January 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#8 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

if you want to really blame microtransactions, you have to look earlier than PC titles ... games like angry birds showed devs that they could make money from the stupidity of people not noticing small amounts add up over time ...

someone tried to adapt it to pc from the console/phone world, and loot crates were born .... I mean, if it was really a reward, you would have only put things in from the 'ultra rare' category ....

gamers ate this crap up, and this is now what we deserve .... but Im glad a proper verdict has been passed, games deciding to over emphasise this sort of crappy system, get to die off, as a foot note on trying to tell the players, what they want ...

#9 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:06 PM

you got a good point Narc. There were several games back in 2016 that had just started the microtransactions during that time and they tried to implement them in future titles. I still look at COD IW because it had that going on with their multiplayer. They had lootboxes. I returned that game because of Modern Warfare remastered and it was ugly. Just imagine not getting a game after 30 mins or 50 mins of searching just to play 1 game on any mode Posted Image

Edited by Wing 0, 06 January 2018 - 09:07 PM.

#10 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

A friend of mine found something really disturbing and has brought it to light. There are other Youtubers out there posting similar articles to this subject so I figured id post it here. Its safe to say that EA's "Anthem" is going not going to do well now.

#11 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:57 AM

microtransactions are way older than 2016, MUUUCH older. but they weren't popular. It was mostyl limited to browser games back then and asia MMO's. Now these same browsergames exist as apps on mobiles and you can pay now even for what previously were free2play flahsgames. And now the entire Pc gaming undustiry tries to widely hop onto this train as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users