Voice Chat Option - Focus Fire

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Implement Focus Fire Voice Chat Option? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Implement Focus Fire Voice Chat Option?

1. Yes (9 votes [75.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 gooddragon2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

There's a voice chat option that says: Target Spotted and displays an indicator on the mech that is spotted.

I recommend a voice chat option that tells your team to focus fire on an enemy. You would typically do this when you notice an enemy is cored or missing armor on a component. It would let your allied firing line know to focus fire on that mech. Even if multiple targets were chosen for focus fire it would let you know which ones are better targets.

This is not the best idea for me because I don't pilot light mechs with large amounts of armor generally, but I am suggesting this so that if players in an FP match who are not part of a team can at least form a firing line and then someone says focus fire they might have a chance. If it doesn't go through it's fine because it means my lights will be safe. If it does then it's unfortunate for that part of my gameplay but at least I might have fun in fp (or even try it)?

I will refrain from voting either way.

Edited by gooddragon2, 26 December 2017 - 06:40 PM.

#2 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:00 PM

Just a thought here. Having the ability to call for "focus fire" does exist. In almost every case that I have been on the winning side of a round in MWO it has been noticeable that the team is using their VOIP and is calling out their targets. The "commander" uses this information to prioritize targets and orders the focused fire. The best teams have always picked an objective and committed to it en masse including focusing their fire to defeat the enemy. That is how they win because even the less skilled players have a better chance to be successful. It also curiously makes the experience more fun. Admittedly not so much fun when you are with teams that constantly get pug-stomped because they either can not or will not do these things. Teamwork is paramount for a winning team.

Good Luck, Good Hunting and Have Fun!

Edited by MegaBopper, 02 March 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#3 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

How about the workaround?
1.) Spot via comandwheel
2.) hold down voip key
3.) yell "shoot dat!"
4.) ???
5.) Profit!

#4 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

I just use my left control key combined with my own actual voice, saying something to the effect of, "Target Kilo, Bushwhacker, Golf-nine, left leg, take him out."

This is typically very effective, and the only reason I use the callout hotkeys is because "Target Spotted" allows me to track a target for several seconds after it leaves radar lock. I don't see any need for more of them.

#5 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:58 PM

Not all of us have VOIP or can be shouting at the screen from our context.

Not only that but not everyone can have sound on, or is even fluent on spoken english.

I would like this option, at the very least, be available to lance and group commanders.

Edited by NimoStar, 27 April 2018 - 08:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users