Finally Fp Has Come To This. Sad.

Gameplay

271 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:15 AM

These chicken-livered snotfaces began to mass eject as soon as their first wave was crushed early in the match. In order to get our matchscores, our unit mates basically had to surround their drop zone and get some shots in before they eject out of all of their mechs, and lost a few to their dropship fire. Sure, they have their chicken-livered reasons for throwing the towel (hoping to get to the next drop fast and praying that (MS) wont be there), but it is still crappy sportsmanship. Only one of them offered any semblance of resistance (a guy named Bucket of Joy).

Posted Image

Naturally they were reported. Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 29 December 2017 - 05:35 AM.

#2 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:53 AM

Spiteful action designed to deny damage/kills and payouts to the enemy team? Yes. It's terrible sportsmanship. Probably a violation of the TOS deserving of some sort of reprimand, though if it's an isolated incident odds are it'll amount to very little.

Though I can't help but wonder. If a match is so anti-fun that the enemy team would rather suicide than continue, doesn't that highlight more than a few worrying problems?

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 06:35 PM.
encouragement of griefing

#4 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

"Oh noes lost first wave, guaranteed loss. BETTER MASS EJECT AND QUIT! Comms too hard."

Meanwhile, the one guy that DOES want to at least try is going up 1v12, has absolutely no chance in hell and is tilted [Redacted] to where he/she might not ever do FP again after that. The thing that gets at me is they aren't even throwing in the towel against a comp team, just your average unit that has the numbers to group frequently.

Instead of re-queuing for FP these pugs should take a break and play Stardew Valley or something.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 06:39 PM.
inappropriate language

#5 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:02 AM

eh they had no chance of winning even against MS

it is entirely understandable why they would rather suicide than get sealclubbed yet again

like I said they need to fix it by having separate buckets for pugs and premades

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

wow thats more teamwork than you see in your typical pug match.

also ive always said teamwork is a piss poor substitute for skill.

#7 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

Makes sense to me.

The only thing they could do against a massively superior and organized force is leave or be farmed. It's not even cowardice, but the only way they could significantly hurt an opponent that would club them like the PUG seals they were.

It's frustration and spite. But good luck getting them (likely a temp) banned. That should guarantee you'll never see any of them in FP again.

#8 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:14 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 December 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

These chicken-livered snotfaces began to mass eject as soon as their first wave was crushed early in the match. Our unit mates basically had to surround their drop zone and get some shots in before they eject out of their next mech, and lost a few to their dropship fire. Sure, they have their chicken-livered reasons for throwing the towel (hoping to get to the next drop fast and praying that (MS) wont be there), but it is still crappy sportsmanship. Only one of them offered any semblance of resistance.

Posted Image

Naturally they were reported. Posted Image

I can understand - both them not wanting to get farmed and you feeling reaped of your seals to clubrewards to reap. If this happened recently, it's maybe reinforced because of the event: 250 match score is not EZ mode against a 10-premade.

It's probably as Fleeb the Mad said, this being a symptom of bigger underlying problems.

No need to call them names, though.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostKhobai, on 29 December 2017 - 01:02 AM, said:

eh they had no chance of winning even against MS

it is entirely understandable why they would rather suicide than get sealclubbed yet again

like I said they need to fix it by having separate buckets for pugs and premades

While this is true... it is wayy too late to do this now, in my opinion. It will just make FP matchmaking even more sparse than it is now - people won't want to come in to re-try a mode whose population has degraded beyond return. If we had today's version of FP but split into solo and group buckets but only two years ago... probably would'a been fine-ish. =/

#10 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

Well, pretty much because most FP matches end up in IS getting massacered and Clans just have to spam ER LL and LRMS to win. Even against non Units.
I have dropped many times, in a PUG, against a Full Clan unit wich just wipe out any opposition.
Its NOT fun anymore. It clearly shows the imbalance in FP invasion between clans and IS. And i love it how everytime clan players are so smug and claim "nothing is wrong"

Its the same BS i had with playing WW2 games, where the german faction was clearly overpowered and they just were like "i love getting dozens of kills no death stop whining and please be my Cannon fodder thx"

#11 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:22 AM

Ive seen bad but that is just worse.

[Redacted]

Players who eject like that in masses should just get banned from MWO Period. No Warning, No Questions as to why. This kind of crap is just extremely old. The whole point of the 250 match score deal is mainly about playing aggressive. All the top FP teams play it and yeah they play the mode as it is outlined.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 01:27 PM.
video includes inappropriate language

#12 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Ive seen bad but that is just worse. Holy ****. Players who eject like that in masses should just get banned from MWO Period. No Warning, No Questions as to why. This kind of crap is just extremely old. The whole point of the 250 match score deal is mainly about playing aggressive. All the top FP teams play it and yeah they play the mode as it is outlined.

um no

if players are mass suiciding rather than playing, its for a reason

it should be fixed. rather than banning people and pretending the problem doesnt exist.

1) separate buckets for pugs and premades. but if theres both a pug team and premade team waiting for a game you can have a release valve that opens after 10 minutes and lets them play eachother, since its still better than a ghost drop.

2) better cbill and loyalty point rewards when you lose. you should get contract bonuses even when you lose.

3) allow pugs to share in the MC rewards of capturing planets for their faction. As long as they win a certain number of games to help capture a planet, they should share in the rewards. It shouldnt just be the top unit that gets MC, thats total crap.

4) add invincible calliope turrets to the spawn areas to prevent spawn camping. make it unprofitable to spawn camp and players wont do it anymore. Its not fun getting spawn camped, so why is it allowed?

The whole point of the 250 match score deal is mainly about playing aggressive.

no its not

the whole point of the 250 match score was to make it harder to get the loot bags from doing scout mode

because PGI is too lazy to code in scout mode being seperate from invasion mode for their events

it had nothing to do with wanting players to be be aggressive lol

Edited by Khobai, 29 December 2017 - 01:39 AM.

#13 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

All I know is during my Marik pugging days of 2015, and 2016, I never gave up the fight, even when facing full MS team (the old Merc Star Alliance, prior to disbandment). I did my best to organize the resistance, even when getting seal clubbed. And fought our pugs did.

[Redacted]

Which is why I reported all of those cowardly chicken mcnuggets in today's match. Event or no, such behavior should be condemned.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 07:48 PM.
screenshot inadequately obfuscated name & shame issue

#14 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

Bigly if true.

How can I join this MS to club seals too?

My application is here https://mwomercs.com...clubbing-group/

#15 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:41 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 08:20 PM.
encouragement of griefing, inappropriate language

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:46 AM

View PostKhobai, on 29 December 2017 - 01:41 AM, said:

[Redacted]

Except most of these pugs haven't been playing FP for 2-3 years. Otherwise they would have joined a unit long time ago, like I did.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 08:23 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#17 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:47 AM

Tbh that wasn't even the good MercStar Alliance group lol. You knew it was going to be rough when you had the trifecta of Sader, fbj, and Xavier or the then Clan Kodiak that molded into MS during the time. Anything less and you'd want your time back.

#18 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

Except most of these pugs haven't been playing FP for 2-3 years. Otherwise they would have joined a unit long time ago, like I did.

becoming part of the problem is not fixing the problem

telling people to join units so they can do the clubbing instead of being clubbed is not a solution

#19 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

View PostKhobai, on 29 December 2017 - 01:48 AM, said:

becoming part of the problem is not fixing the problem

telling people to join units so they can do the clubbing instead of being clubbed is not a solution

FP is a mode tailor made for units. It even warns you when you first press the FP tab. So why should units be reviled for playing in a mode specifically designed for them? You are making zero sense.

#20 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 December 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

FP is a mode tailor made for units. It even warns you when you first press the FP tab. So why should units be reviled for playing in a mode specifically designed for them? You are making zero sense.

You would be right if PGI wouldn't have made this an explicit public event for everyone you have to participate to get the goodies aka mechs.
So they actually tailored the events in FP mode in such a way that the Units and premade groups who should have been the primary target group of FP became the main problem for the majority of players.
So the reportable, offending side was actually MS that keeps molesting the overwhelming majority of players that just want to farm their matchscore without getting bothered by such predators.

So, no, I don't see FP targeted primarily towards Units anymore.
And with Solaris Units will soon become a thing of the past.
Its the temporarely existing player associations/teams that will become the thing of the future.

Edited by The Basilisk, 29 December 2017 - 02:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users