100 replies to this topic

#41 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

View Postdarkcyd, on 22 January 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

I agree. FW should not be run with public groups and it shouldn't even be available as a solo queue option. The problem is without the solo cannon fodder FW wouldn't exist. I'd be happier if it was scrapped. They had their chance when they dropped the steam release for enough to have both a group and solo queue option but they decided orbital bombardment was cute and destroyed FW forever.

once upon a time we had group/solo queues in FactionWarfare (named CommunityWarfare back then)
the result was empty solo queues and group queue took noticable longer (20 minutes waiting for a match wasent unusual back
then)There was many threats about the waiting time issue.So it coud be that it was a population problem back then,
but coud also be that when only solo players queue up it take ages till a match starts because anyway never enough participating.Had multiple lobbys/queues for all the factions present in MWO back then though.

#42 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

View PostChairoff, on 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why so premades cue in the same fights as pugs? In Warcraft at least premades went into cues with other premades. Having to even "try" to pug versus 11 (MS) and one other is just laughable.

The lords of MWO have this E-SPORT CRAPPOLA thought in there mind to turn MWO into a FPS E-SPORT WANNABE GAME to compete with like WOT or some other lame MOBA game so it has been a downward spiral ever since the end of closed beta with MWO bleeding out players to satisfy the lords of MWO and there crowny 10% pals that play in organised groups.

Can you imagine a company that gives up 90% of there playerbase (500,000 players) for the 10%(10,000 players)? I cant think of one but PGI.

MWO must be a write-off for PGI because in my mind that's now way to make profits.

#43 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 02 February 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

The lords of MWO have this E-SPORT CRAPPOLA thought in there mind to turn MWO into a FPS E-SPORT WANNABE GAME to compete with like WOT or some other lame MOBA game so it has been a downward spiral ever since the end of closed beta with MWO bleeding out players to satisfy the lords of MWO and there crowny 10% pals that play in organised groups.

Can you imagine a company that gives up 90% of there playerbase (500,000 players) for the 10%(10,000 players)? I cant think of one but PGI.

MWO must be a write-off for PGI because in my mind that's now way to make profits.

90% would be 90,000 players in your example. Math is hard.

#44 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:02 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 02 February 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

The lords of MWO have this E-SPORT CRAPPOLA thought in there mind to turn MWO into a FPS E-SPORT WANNABE GAME to compete with like WOT or some other lame MOBA game

Well, since WOT just completely effed up their esports scene, at least for 2018, not sure that is the best comparison.

#45 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostGrus, on 24 January 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

somone got crab'd lol

Te hehehehehehe!

I'm really curious how the "Teamwork OP" crowd is going to stop large units from grouping or synch dropping.

#46 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostHoly Jackson, on 02 February 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Te hehehehehehe!

I'm really curious how the "Teamwork OP" crowd is going to stop large units from grouping or synch dropping.

They can't.

But I bet if you get rid of all the shiny cool swag in FP, most of the whiners will disappear... along with a large part of the populace...

So either give comparable, grindy rewards in QP (namely mech bays) or take them all away. The decision to include mechbays as rewards in FP is one of the things that clouded its purpose: Veterans ("cheapskates" notwithstanding) don't typically need mech bays for rewards. They are nice, but not must-have...

...but dangle free mech bays and MC in front all players and suddenly you'll get all kinds of interest in FP, much of it for the wrong reasons and mindset.

Its like they dangled the carrot to get interest in the mode then forgot to take away the carrot at some point.

This and the lack of "attunement", for lack of a better word, kinda f'd up FP back when there was a large population.

I am not trying to sound elitist at all, I am simply stating that as FP was originally designed to be end game content, allowing people that were not ready for it, or abusing it outside of its intended scope muddied it's purpose and got us to where we are today.

#47 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 02 February 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

They can't.

But I bet if you get rid of all the shiny cool swag in FP, most of the whiners will disappear... along with a large part of the populace...

So either give comparable, grindy rewards in QP (namely mech bays) or take them all away. The decision to include mechbays as rewards in FP is one of the things that clouded its purpose: Veterans ("cheapskates" notwithstanding) don't typically need mech bays for rewards. They are nice, but not must-have...

...but dangle free mech bays and MC in front all players and suddenly you'll get all kinds of interest in FP, much of it for the wrong reasons and mindset.

Its like they dangled the carrot to get interest in the mode then forgot to take away the carrot at some point.

This and the lack of "attunement", for lack of a better word, kinda f'd up FP back when there was a large population.

I am not trying to sound elitist at all, I am simply stating that as FP was originally designed to be end game content, allowing people that were not ready for it, or abusing it outside of its intended scope muddied it's purpose and got us to where we are today.

It does not matter anymore if your a elitist or not the game is dying from lack of new players and incompetent management of both groups of MWO players those groups are organized meta team players and pugs/casuals .PGI has made many mistakes in the past we all know this and there is basically nothing that can be about that.

Looking ahead the question is (PGI are you willing to fix your game MWO and rebuild the community or let the game die in favor of a new game MW5?) those are my thoughts on what is going to happen to MWO once MW5 becomes a reality.

I cant say that PGI is listing to anyone anymore on a direction for QP/FP or MWO on these forums twitter or rededit not real answers anyway.SO we all know what would fix the game in many respects but no one is listening to reason and the mech pack charade goes on and on luring in what left of the cash cows money not fixing the real underlying problems with this game.

#48 Johnathan Von Tanner

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 02 February 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

what is going to happen to MWO once MW5 becomes a reality.

#49 Fake News

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 519 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

mwo_factionwardisclaimer.jpg.

#50 ApexSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX USA

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

the only one of those I fall into is the "I have no friends that even play MWO" category and trying to join with a group is to much hassle because you have to deal with going to secondary sites (that includes this forum) to hunt for a group that "might" let you join them for a match or two. not to mention having to use a third party service to communicate with them before the match starts.

its a lot of hassle when you consider that you then have to sit there for a good 5 minutes before the match even gets to the drop deck select screen. I think Faction play as it is (with the prefab teams playing against randoms) simply makes most newer players just throw up their hands and say '**** this game'. I know that's how my one friend was. he played for about a month before trying his hand at Faction. after about a dozen or so matches in a row of random vs. prefab slaughters (think the best match we had was a 25-48 loss (though we did get close to winning by objective on that on)) he simply said **** this **** and deleted the game from his PC all together. the only real reason he tried in the first place was to earn some mech bays.

he even tried to get us a group, tried a number IS teams but no one wanted us because we had only been play for a month.

It takes 5 seconds to open TS or a discord site and another 15 seconds to scroll through to find a unit. If thats too much hassle for you to have a much more fun experience at the great game mode that is FP then you dont really sound like your are worth the trouble. Not trying to be ugly, but thats how most units will view this.

MercStar was IS for just a 45 day tour and posted a number of invites in the forums or on youtube but yet didnt have a mass on players wanting to drop with us and learn how to play the game mode. I know that other units were doing the same.

Edited by ApexSun, 21 February 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#51 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

Ffs bloody pampered OP. I dropped solo when I started this account. I suggest you git gud such that people will add you to drop with them in FP. Either that or you go TS and find people to play with. Stop crying about not having a split queue. You know why we can't have a split queue? Because we don't have a large player base for FP. And why is that so? It's due to you newbs refusing to group up and learn from the better players, getting 48-12ed and quitting FP just because you aren't good enough.

#52 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:25 PM

I think this screen is relevant xD

Posted Image

#53 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:32 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

I think this screen is relevant xD

Posted Image

Oh come on den, there's you and Vorteex. Either of you in a team is already overkill.

#54 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 22 January 2018 - 02:52 AM, said:

I always hated having to go to a secondary site to group up for a game. to much work to tell the truth.

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

trying to join with a group is to much hassle because you have to deal with going to secondary sites (that includes this forum) to hunt for a group that "might" let you join them for a match or two. not to mention having to use a third party service to communicate with them before the match starts.
Which inconvenience would you rather have, having to use a third party communication channel, or being repeatedly curbstomped by premades?

the only real reason he tried in the first place was to earn some mech bays.
You had a warning: Tryhard zone, here be dragons. Since you chose to ignore it and go in anyway, that's entirely on you.

View PostRakia Time, on 23 January 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

i dont want to talk to or listen to people, i want to be left alone to play FW,
FW is not a single player mode and should not be treated as such.
If you just want to play by yourself, the Academy and Training Grounds are always open and free from the inconvenience of having teammates.

View PostMovinTarget, on 23 January 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

And that is perfectly fine!
Refusing to communicate or cooperate with one's team - effectively sabotaging them - is never "fine".

Edited by Horseman, 22 February 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#55 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

View PostApexSun, on 21 February 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

It takes 5 seconds to open TS or a discord site and another 15 seconds to scroll through to find a unit. If thats too much hassle for you to have a much more fun experience at the great game mode that is FP then you dont really sound like your are worth the trouble. Not trying to be ugly, but thats how most units will view this.

MercStar was IS for just a 45 day tour and posted a number of invites in the forums or on youtube but yet didnt have a mass on players wanting to drop with us and learn how to play the game mode. I know that other units were doing the same.

i guess some people maybie like to play solo?

#56 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostSHRedo, on 07 April 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

i guess some people maybie like to play solo?

..and there's Quickplay especially for them.

you don't get into a football/soccer/basketball/etc-game and complain that it's not golf;

#57 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 08 April 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

..and there's Quickplay especially for them. you don't get into a football/soccer/basketball/etc-game and complain that it's not golf;

Depends how drunk you are Posted Image

#58 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 08 April 2018 - 03:53 AM, said:

..and there's Quickplay especially for them.

you don't get into a soccer game and complain that it's not golf;

Well.

Posted Image

#59 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 21 January 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

though I agree whole heartedly with the original poster there just isn't the player base to do that. as someone with a rather chaotic play schedule I really don't want to spend the extra time looking for a group to cue up with. the problem with random groups is often and insane lack of communication and teamwork and that leads to a complete steamroller loss.

thankfully you do get some good C&C players from time to time and if your groups listens you can at least get those clanners to work for their win.

(on a side not I don't think the balance is all hat bad between IS and Clan perhaps a little tipped towards clan but nothing that can't be overcome with teamwork.)

EVERYONE by the jobless have limited time. If rest of us can, so can you. It's a matter of willingness. Games like this are AWESOME with a team. I play Wot and WT too-same deal.
The more you turn games like this into super solo affairs, worse they get.
'nuff said, take heed.

#60 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostJon Gotham, on 11 April 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

EVERYONE by the jobless have limited time. If rest of us can, so can you. It's a matter of willingness. Games like this are AWESOME with a team. I play Wot and WT too-same deal.
The more you turn games like this into super solo affairs, worse they get.
'nuff said, take heed.

i am deaf and dumb
now you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users