#81 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:58 AM

View PostNaturalBornGriller, on 12 June 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

This game is a group game, but it's hard to play with groups. Ironic isn't it.

Lets play together!

Group of two players is formed and drops

Wow this game is really bloody hard and I hate it. Quit game.

That's the problem. There is no reasonable way for a new/beginner player to play with HIS REAL FRIENDS and not get absolutely ****** in group queue every single drop. They are forced to play quick play for any reasonable expectation of success, and even in a group of 12 players you are for all intents and purposes 'alone'.

This is why you get streamers like b33f doing sync drops. This enables them to (sorta) play together (for OR against) and have fun together.

I don't know the answer. In a huge playerbase/population base you would just enable the matchmaker to match groups based on their average ELO but with a MWO sized player base this wouldn't fly.

Maybe the answer is for top tier/comp players to limit themselves to 4 man groups and the match maker to make sure they get pitted against each other? that would allow lower tier 4 mans to get in for some cannon fodder+learning time.

Just add good players after the game, they will take you with them...we are friendly and i know not only me is looking for comrades!

And i take everybody with me, main thing is you are friendly! :)

#82 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

View PostArch Heretek, on 19 June 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

Try not to die in that righteous fire of yours.

Don't worry, my fire will not go out, but thanks for caring.

Do enjoy your standard solo pug complaints and talking points though. Not like we have not heard all that BS before.

Did find your assumptions about me and my playstyle even more uninformed and humorous but again, more of the standard BS and talking points.

Now, excuse me, I have a fire to keep warm in. You keep trying to play solo in the teamwork queue.

#83 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:02 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 19 June 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

Just add good players after the game, they will take you with them...we are friendly and i know not only me is looking for comrades!

And i take everybody with me, main thing is you are friendly! Posted Image

Hell, just yesterday got a random player into our TS, asked if we had room...

Got him in line, played several drops with us in CW, but it being our Guild Night, had to make room for Guild members and had to ask him to drop out. He was totally understanding and that was cool. Stuck around and listened to us play, joke around, and have fun. Must of enjoyed what he heard because within an hour asked about a Guild web site and had a new member apply.

We are hoping he shows up on TS today so we can drop with him.

It IS that easy to find an 'organized' group and/or Unit.

#84 NimoStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

[color=#959595]The lords of MWO have this E-SPORT CRAPPOLA thought in there mind to turn MWO into a FPS E-SPORT WANNABE GAME to compete with like WOT or some other lame MOBA game so it has been a downward spiral ever since the end of closed beta with MWO bleeding out players to satisfy the lords of MWO and there crowny 10% pals that play in organised groups.[/color]

[color=#959595]Can you imagine a company that gives up 90% of there playerbase (500,000 players) for the 10%(10,000 players)? I cant think of one but PGI.[/color]

Right on.

I can bet not even 25% of the players is interested in being in a competitive tryhard group. Not even 10% of the players is in one.,

Most of us are just here to have a good time piloting mechs and going into simulated warfare.

But the dumb PGI strategy is to do all "championship hurr durr" as in anyone in the wider world cared who is the "best MWO player". This isn't Starcraft II, nobody cares. Not majority of the players at least.

As such instead of making the game more immersive and having better features, we get the oppopsite. A gutted faction warfare where most features were ELIMINATED and all subfactions are the same, just good for grinding a mechbay. And stupid repetitive QP.

And the "it is that easy" people have no idea. So, you are all are on TS (an external program to the game) qaiting for a guy that may or may not come. Sounds like productive use of time, eh? Please.

Edited by NimoStar, 19 June 2018 - 10:25 AM.

#85 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

View PostNimoStar, on 19 June 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

And the "it is that easy" people have no idea. So, you are all are on TS (an external program to the game) qaiting for a guy that may or may not come. Sounds like productive use of time, eh? Please.

I follow the rest of your post and feel like you are spot on until this part here... way off-target.

We are already on those voice comms hanging out with people we like to play with and putting together organized groups.

And that my friend is what we definitely consider a PRODUCTIVE USE OF TIME.

Regards,

Xann

#86 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

We are all on TS or Discord hubs having a good time piloting mechs and going into simulated warfare with similarly-minded people.
Your misconception is that voice hubs are only for competitive tryhards, where in fact they're for everyone willing to spend a few minutes once to set up the software.

Edited by Horseman, 19 June 2018 - 11:21 PM.

#87 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:07 AM

View PostHorseman, on 19 June 2018 - 11:20 PM, said:

We are all on TS or Discord hubs having a good time piloting mechs and going into simulated warfare with similarly-minded people.
Your misconception is that voice hubs are only for competitive tryhards, where in fact they're for everyone willing to spend a few minutes once to set up the software.

Actually i never had TS or even a mic.

I installed both only for MWO as i saw how many advantages i get from.

#88 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:48 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 20 June 2018 - 12:07 AM, said:

Actually i never had TS or even a mic.

I installed both only for MWO as i saw how many advantages i get from.

Ditto, Bishop. Without the TS hubs, I wouldn't have as many friends as I do now! Even after MWO gets unplugged, I'll still be hanging out with these hooligans! Posted Image

#89 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:06 AM

We do have an idea and clearly it is you that does not have an idea how easy it is.

You would know this as fact IF you have actually tried. TS is built into the game and yet to hard for you to even use.

So, make productive use of YOUR time by going solo and getting properly clubbed trying to play QP w/respawn while the rest of us play CW. You make it so damn easy.

#90 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

Most of us are just here to have a good time piloting mechs and going into simulated warfare.

Correct. And it is known that in warfare numbers matter. If you enjoy being the China shop, then have fun. There's nothing saying you hafta work with your team, so long as you understand that your actions effect the outcome of the match.

And seriously? You agreed with someone who still thinks Lords is a thing. I haven't seen 'em in game for years. But guess what, if you don't wanna do championship matches you don't have to. No reason to complain about it.

I just, I don't... you know what, not worth the time.

~Leone

Edited by Leone, 20 June 2018 - 11:55 AM.

#91 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

Hey guys, as its been clearly demonstrated here and in countless other threads; people ain't gonna change.

Not the lurmin taters

Not the tryhard groupers

Not the casual solos

Also understand that at this point, the likelihood of PGI changing code aint that good so this is what you have:

A mode that has and will continue to favor the organized teams.

A system that does not match players by any sort of metric.

The ability for one/a few players with very different goals from the rest of their team making it difficult (see prev mention about advantage of organizing).

Finally there is not and will seldom ever be enough people to even entertain splitting queues to groups and solos, even if PGI were to allow it.

So if you hate those players that do their own thing, just remember you may have had to wait even longer if they hadn't shown up.

So if you hate that you are constantly facing premades and can't get in a group yourself for whatever reason, be thankful they showed up so you didn't get a useless ghost drop (you ain't winning a planet solo).

Basically, I am willing to tolerate anything to keep the mode going. I drop solo and in groups so I see both sides on a daily basis.

Sometimes you just gotta go to war with the army you have.

#92 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:36 PM

View PostXannatharr, on 19 June 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

I follow the rest of your post and feel like you are spot on until this part here... way off-target.

We are already on those voice comms hanging out with people we like to play with and putting together organized groups.

And that my friend is what we definitely consider a PRODUCTIVE USE OF TIME.

Regards,

Xann

View PostLeone, on 20 June 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Correct. And it is known that in warfare numbers matter. If you enjoy being the China shop, then have fun. There's nothing saying you hafta work with your team, so long as you understand that your actions effect the outcome of the match.

And seriously? You agreed with someone who still thinks Lords is a thing. I haven't seen 'em in game for years. But guess what, if you don't wanna do championship matches you don't have to. No reason to complain about it.

I just, I don't... you know what, not worth the time.

~Leone

why people write their names under their posts, everybody can see it right away, next to the post oO???

Edit: even above a quote oO? oO? oO?

Edited by SHRedo, 20 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#93 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

View PostSHRedo, on 20 June 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

why people write their names under their posts, everybody can see it right away, next to the post oO???

Edit: even above a quote oO? oO? oO?

Cuz those honorable oldschool dudes are men of the early day of the internets where it still was proper form to sign a letter you wrote.....so habit would be my guess.

But back to topic... seems the arguments and comments simply repeat again and again in this post.

The one fraction simply wants a quick FP option where they do not have to spend extra time for getting a premade together and "waste" time (mostly because they simply do not have the time to spend on gaming withoutthe gaming part) to search for a team but rather just drop without having to be concerned about runins with well versed coordinated groups.

The other fraction completely ignores all arguments from faction 1 and blurps their "just git gud and join a team".

That truely is the nightmare of any game developer...contrary factions of ppl wanting to play the same game under different premisses.Posted Image

Edited by The Basilisk, 20 June 2018 - 09:39 PM.

#94 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:53 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 20 June 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

The one fraction simply wants a quick FP option where they do not have to spend extra time for getting a premade together and "waste" time (mostly because they simply do not have the time to spend on gaming withoutthe gaming part) to search for a team but rather just drop without having to be concerned about runins with well versed coordinated groups.

The other fraction completely ignores all arguments from faction 1 and blurps their "just git gud and join a team".

Because faction 1 has ignored the nice, huge, warning tryhard zone, here be dragons, enter at your peril, b gud r b ded.

They do not want to improvise. They do not want to adapt. They do not want to have anything to overcome. They do not cooperate with other players (hell, some of them proudly refuse to).

Players who adapt their mechs, decks and strategies to the situation and their own abilities will always outperform those who don't. You can't nerf this.

Players who invested effort into improving their skills and learning to compensate for their limitations will always outperform those who don't. You can't nerf this either.

A pug that has some semblance of cooperation will always stomp one that is composed of 12 solos who don't communicate. Nope, there's no way to nerf this one.

Edited by Horseman, 21 June 2018 - 06:15 AM.

#95 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:51 PM

I don't care if someone is a pug - so long as they bring a good deck, play with their team and try to coordinate/communicate.

That's how I got in to KCom. I was pugging, doing the Mech Bay tour and ended up dropping in matches that KCom was in. I play to my team (because I'm always in a team of 12, we all are) so got invited to come to their TS and started grouping up with them.

However good pugs are fine. However if someone plays in FW like it's QP they're going to get destroyed and deserve no pity. They're actively choosing to do what fails. They're no different than they guy who plays a stock Dragon in QP or some other terrible build. Of course he's going to lose. The other team isn't to blame for blasting him when he overheats and shuts down in the open - he was stupid.

That's what being a Solo Yolo in FW is. In fact you get more warnings against being a Solo Yolo in FW than you do about bad builds in QP yet for some reason there's this dedicated group constantly trying to justify being bad in FW and trying to say that it's somehow this thing everyone needs to make allowances for.

**** no.

You take a derp build to QP and shut down in the open I'm going to smash you. If you ask I'll give you advice to help you improve.

If you refuse to improve or take a better mech or avoid shutting down in the open I'll farm you every match because you being foolish doesn't obligate me to not play to win.

If you're taking a bad deck, not communicating and coordinating and moving up in FW everyone who does that will destroy you. Premade or not. That's not them being mean or the mode being broken, it's you being foolish.

#96 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:56 PM

MS has a lot of nights where we field teams of 6-8 per group to specifically try and help pugs team up. A lot of our newer guys are still mech limited, and it can be a struggle to get them to score well because of it. But as long as they are buying the better mechs, and building them out as they can, their play steadily improves. We still have a lot of good players, but over half of our regular player base is new and steadily improving at this point.

A lot of the groups that play FW are like us, and welcome newer players....as long as they are willing to try and play as a team.

Feel free to stop by mercstar.net and check out our wikki too. It's a lot of builds and skill trees that help people get started. Half of the matches against pugs we see they lost in the mechlab.

Edited by Kwea, 24 June 2018 - 08:56 PM.

#97 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:03 AM

MS is doing a service to FW in general by doing as much training as they currently are doing. Getting new pilots up to speed in this mode is a key to retention in the mode. So, if pugs are getting smashed by MS these days....those same pugs would do well to stop on by MS’s TS and get trained up as well. Those guys are doing a great job with newer players, even though training can make things a bit tougher for the vets. Of course I’m sure it’s all part of their “evil” plot to dominate FW in the future, by again spamming multiple 12-man’s of well trained pilots....but that’s a worry for another day...lol. Kudos to those guys.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 25 June 2018 - 06:04 AM.

#98 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

Faction play is for units or groups of people willing to work together. I got a list of players I could join to do faction play. Just sometimes I am not up to it. Mainly because I am skilling mechs out beforehand, or getting a new deck ready. It is not for solo do your own thing. As my mechs will attest to the times they got sawed in half by HHoD and EVIL. Although I have had good times killing them too. Anyways Its not too hard to find a unit to do faction play with. A little research on the units out there, and you can find one that fits your taste, or as the players above has stated they will find you.

#99 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:24 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 25 June 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

MS is doing a service to FW in general by doing as much training as they currently are doing. Getting new pilots up to speed in this mode is a key to retention in the mode. So, if pugs are getting smashed by MS these days....those same pugs would do well to stop on by MS’s TS and get trained up as well. Those guys are doing a great job with newer players, even though training can make things a bit tougher for the vets. Of course I’m sure it’s all part of their “evil” plot to dominate FW in the future, by again spamming multiple 12-man’s of well trained pilots....but that’s a worry for another day...lol. Kudos to those guys.

Man I should train my potatoes but I'm a horrible teacher. :P

#100 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

View PostAlexandra Hekmatyar, on 28 June 2018 - 05:24 AM, said:

Man I should train my potatoes but I'm a horrible teacher. Posted Image

Like this? Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic