Premade Bull

100 replies to this topic

#1 Chairoff

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Why so premades cue in the same fights as pugs? In Warcraft at least premades went into cues with other premades. Having to even "try" to pug versus 11 (MS) and one other is just laughable.

#2 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Jump on teamspeak and join a group. You don't need to join a unit, most groups will bring solo players along on their drops. You'll make friends, get better results and enjoy FP more. If you need addresses, I can provide the most common ones.

#3 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

The fact he's frr, traditionally one of the most organized factions isn't grouping up himself...

#4 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 30 December 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

The fact he's frr, traditionally one of the most organized factions isn't grouping up himself...

The other houses always had mad respect for house no ***** given. I mean other factions did their thing but FRR was a different level of awesome.

Now not so much. Not since the mad old jarl well, Got mad and went full skyrim on his own TS population. I fear the faction that taught the game how to fight clams and win may well have finally had one too many arrows in the lore.

RIP Storm troopers.

As for the OP, Get in TS, listen learn, git gud.

#5 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:19 PM

though I agree whole heartedly with the original poster there just isn't the player base to do that. as someone with a rather chaotic play schedule I really don't want to spend the extra time looking for a group to cue up with. the problem with random groups is often and insane lack of communication and teamwork and that leads to a complete steamroller loss.

thankfully you do get some good C&C players from time to time and if your groups listens you can at least get those clanners to work for their win.

(on a side not I don't think the balance is all hat bad between IS and Clan perhaps a little tipped towards clan but nothing that can't be overcome with teamwork.)

#6 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:16 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 21 January 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

though I agree whole heartedly with the original poster there just isn't the player base to do that. as someone with a rather chaotic play schedule I really don't want to spend the extra time looking for a group to cue up with. the problem with random groups is often and insane lack of communication and teamwork and that leads to a complete steamroller loss.

thankfully you do get some good C&C players from time to time and if your groups listens you can at least get those clanners to work for their win.

(on a side not I don't think the balance is all hat bad between IS and Clan perhaps a little tipped towards clan but nothing that can't be overcome with teamwork.)
I also have limited time. But finding a group is as easy as bouncing through a couple TS addresses. Message me if you want and ill give them to you.

#7 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

I always hated having to go to a secondary site to group up for a game. to much work to tell the truth.

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:28 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 22 January 2018 - 02:52 AM, said:

I always hated having to go to a secondary site to group up for a game. to much work to tell the truth.

This is one of the shortcomings of MWO. No "lobbies" to that would allow people to form up and discuss setups, at least for FP. In-game VOIP did not go live until a few months AFTER FP (community warfare) had gone live. It is likely though due to partially Cryengine scaleform and other issues, but definitely a failing.

#9 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:43 AM

View PostChairoff, on 30 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Why so premades cue in the same fights as pugs? In Warcraft at least premades went into cues with other premades. Having to even "try" to pug versus 11 (MS) and one other is just laughable.

Wrong question.

Why are you, a solo pug, trying to play in the Group/Unit Queue knowing full well what the queue is and who it is primarily made for when you are clearly not ready for it.

#10 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:45 AM

You are absolutely right.
But because there are some few but very very noisy "clap each others backs" guys that are prominently supported by some Twitch and Youtube squallers and that camp the forums and other channels and take turns to overspam opinions diverting from their own divine ivory tower points of view this will not reach PGIs ears.

#11 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:51 AM

Everyone of you has missed the big point here.Even though this post started at the end of last year, groups havent been dropping with pugs or vise versa for atleast a year. So if you are dropping pugs and you see 2 from the same team it is match maker. Not you dropping against a group.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:54 AM

Ah I take offense to us apparently 'taking turns' telling the silly people that their silly ideas will never eventuate in this reality.

There is no pre allocated response protocol.

It's first in, best dressed to remind the silly solos that refuse the play the mode how it's designed.

Oh and Chairoff - we best a MS 12 man not 4-5 nights ago with 5 of us. Again, get in a team, work as a team, you'll win. Continue to avoid this very simple rule that PGI warned you about, continue to suffer the consequences of your actions

Edited by justcallme A S H, 22 January 2018 - 04:55 AM.

#13 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 06:28 AM

View PostJaegerDjinn, on 22 January 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

Everyone of you has missed the big point here.Even though this post started at the end of last year, groups havent been dropping with pugs or vise versa for atleast a year. So if you are dropping pugs and you see 2 from the same team it is match maker. Not you dropping against a group.

not true.

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostJaegerDjinn, on 22 January 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

I think you have group qp and fp mixed up.

FP had a solo queu for a hot second before the solos *BEGGED* PGI to merge the queues again...

There are many kinds of pugs but they mostly boil down to 3 kinds:
1 - I have no friends on right now so i drop solo
2 - I have no interest in teamplay, i am just grinding swag
3 - I want to be carried, maybe an 11 man will appear and save me

There might be more flavors, but i suspect this makes up the majority.

#15 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

the only one of those I fall into is the "I have no friends that even play MWO" category and trying to join with a group is to much hassle because you have to deal with going to secondary sites (that includes this forum) to hunt for a group that "might" let you join them for a match or two. not to mention having to use a third party service to communicate with them before the match starts.

its a lot of hassle when you consider that you then have to sit there for a good 5 minutes before the match even gets to the drop deck select screen. I think Faction play as it is (with the prefab teams playing against randoms) simply makes most newer players just throw up their hands and say '**** this game'. I know that's how my one friend was. he played for about a month before trying his hand at Faction. after about a dozen or so matches in a row of random vs. prefab slaughters (think the best match we had was a 25-48 loss (though we did get close to winning by objective on that on)) he simply said **** this **** and deleted the game from his PC all together. the only real reason he tried in the first place was to earn some mech bays.

he even tried to get us a group, tried a number IS teams but no one wanted us because we had only been play for a month.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 22 January 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I think Faction play as it is (with the prefab teams playing against randoms) simply makes most newer players just throw up their hands and say '**** this game'.

Therein lies the problem. It even warns you that it is not for new players... How many people would learn to ride a bike if they started on unicycles?

I am not at all trying to be dismissive of new players, however, it is very clearly not designed for new/solo players

#17 DrKronic

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

I'm a founder not a new player, I have to agree more with the OP than the apologists for the current system and people who say FP isn't for new people. A simply horrible idea to spread that has taken hold in the brown sea(what people outside this forum call its primary posters).

and to say it shouldn't be available for solo players, wow I guess after 3k posts we think highly of ourselves lol you maintain the whole server with your purchases? mine don't count?

Faction play should be approached and thought of as open to all players, and if its going to be viable it needs to be and it shouldn't be some special area for a tiny set of the server population to enjoy.

It makes no sense to spend money on a whole side of the game people are saying shouldn't be accessible to most players.

I wish faction play was the standard game somehow and quickplay as we know it didn't exist. I prefer multiple drops, tonnage limits, no 3rd person, the whole way it's played is more fun for me.

I remember when I was part of a big clan in FRR back before this civil war update when FRR was organized, and we would have coordinated drops, gave anyone a run for their money, If you could guarantee there was a good shot caller each match, I can show you PUGs win lol.

I think the whole why do PUGs have to play against competitive teams in faction play boils down to server population.

The game just doesn't have the players to do it.

I wish faction play was revamped into something else though, made way more enticing for individual players, not sure how all that would happen.......but the game developers changed the skill/mod system from the horrible "own 3 of a kind to master plus buy million dollar zooms for everything to the current much better system so I have hope they could overhaul faction play to be more enjoyable and accesible

but saying that its perfect and trying to invent arguments to protect it like "You're just not good enough or old enough for FP" is a weak defense of a flawed system, and I've been here from the beginning guys

Nowadays I play in PUGs for faction play, I have my own merc squad(of 2 people lol) so me and a friend might be dropping but sometimes its just me. I fall into the "none of my friends play this anymore" and I am thinking of recruiting people to drop with me but that requires me to be nice which is not one of my strong suits.

Faction Play is what I enjoy most in the game and when there isn't alarms going off for invasions I honestly don't play many quick plays before I get bored and get off.

I see alot of faction play groups fail because no one talks on voicechat, dead silence is a sure way to lose in FP

At the same time I have had many PUG upsets vs whatever clan you can name if the PUGs were talking, staying together, calling targets

I have noticed when I merc for IS I seem to see less faction play warning messages and the matches that I PUG in seem to be way more premades than when I merc for Clans, so I've been Mercing for clans now because of that.

I've been in matches recently where a 12 man of pugs basically had to wait nearly the whole 10 minutes before another group was formed.

I continue to think the real problem is server population limiting what we can do. I want more fulfilling faction play matches like the OP.

If there was a server check of tier levels and only appropriate tiered teams could fight each other, that would slow matchmaker even more.....that kind of thing would work only if we had appropriate player levels

Edited by DrKronic, 22 January 2018 - 04:13 PM.

#18 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:58 PM

If you are a founder (i am not), then you remember what cw/fp was supposed to be originally.

End game content

Massive fights of teams of twelve

Depth

Immersion

Yeah its none of that. A lot of that is due to implementation.

However, the op is stating that its horribly unfair that he has to face premade groups.

There is nothing inherently unfair about it. He was warned just like evetyone else.

I suppose next we should attack Blizzard b/c we can form a two man raid and get wiped instantly in their endgame content.

FP is the only mode that warns players that it will be more "tryhard".

Group QP doesn't warn you.

I don't even know if comp play warns you.

FP is the wild west of MW:O, i don't know that this will change anytime soon.

Many of us have tried to get it changed. I think the Jarl is still roaming the oceans in his viking ship, raving madness about stormtroopers and the fight against [EVIL]

When I say it is what it is, i am not apologizing, i am stating that this is what we have and it is highly unlikely a consensus for how to improve it will occur.

Edited by MovinTarget, 22 January 2018 - 05:02 PM.

#19 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

I agree there is just is no real fix for things the way they are, there just isn't the population for it. I think the reason so few still play this (mind you I only started in December since before that I didn't have a PC that could handle it) is part because its such a niche title, not everyone is going to flock to it when they can play much simpler and dumbed down games like COD (and none of us want those clowns around). i'm fine with the complexity of the game and how there are multiple ways to load out each mech (actually thinking of trying some more derpy builds in quickplay). the other is that there is really only one game mode for what few new players the game attracts and that's quickplay. you play QP for a bit till you start getting a little bored or get confident then you move on to FP because hey you can get more mech bays without paying cash. new players jump in get steam rolled and toss up their hands.

one thing I will say is that for the most part those that do use chat (both QP and FP) seem to be relatively friendly and often willing to help you if you are having troubles with something or your build could use some work (well other than hate for LRM, I find you can do really well with them if your team is working well together and you maneuver properly). you always have your salty sams but thats unavoidable. hell I took a break from faction and went to some QP only to find that I had improved immensely as a pilot both due to help from others and just having to go against tougher opponents.

in the end what we need is something that will keep new players interested longer so they can get more skilled before they feel the need to jump into the deep end so to speak. sort of wonder if some kind of PVE type thing would help but that might be a little to far.

#20 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 30 December 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

The other houses always had mad respect for house no ***** given. I mean other factions did their thing but FRR was a different level of awesome.

Now not so much. Not since the mad old jarl well, Got mad and went full skyrim on his own TS population. I fear the faction that taught the game how to fight clams and win may well have finally had one too many arrows in the lore.

RIP Storm troopers.

>>
<<

Every time we came up with a way to beat the clans, PGI would nerf it. Like IS groups having a chance at winning was breaking the game...

Very frustrating!

I also tried to connect with PGI, see if we could take the events I did to the next level and they pretty much hung up on me.
Not to mention the million other issues with CW.

When you try to make things work in this game it feels like PGI actively works against you.

Enough to make a Jarl want to drop his spear and retire...

But...that's no attitude for a Norsemen.. we all know Ragnarok comes, yet the Gods teach us to hold our heads high and fight to the bitter end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users