New Mechanic For Hpg Manifold

10 replies to this topic

#1 KailKromier

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

Probably gonna be looked at funny by all the lights and mediums with Jumpjets and ER lasers, but I'm going to toss out a little idea..but first..a question.

Why is it there isn't an Invisible barrier? or killzone on the walls of HPG?
To many games have i seen drawn out in bitter long lasting laser battles against a single Scout mech that decided it was a good idea to go camping and setup their little tent on the walls.
Too often this leads to the last few mechs (usually missing limbs and most weapons) to simply stumble around trying desperately to kill a single sniping light thats buried himself on the tallest part of the map.

Most mechs simply cant reach them be it missiles (if any remain), lasers (glancing damage at best), or the stray ballistic (which at that range unless its AC2s wont do diddly squat.....

So? Why not put up simple barriers (invisible walls would work best)? or even designated kill zones (like going out of bounds) atop the towers?

Ideas? (Scouts need not apply)

#2 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 31 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

Just because it's fun chasing and cursing him ?

#3 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 01 January 2018 - 02:04 AM

Invisible walls are a blight on the gaming experience in all their forms. If it doesn't make in-universe sense for those invisible walls to be there, they shouldn't be there.

#4 Captain Grayson Lighthorse

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

While I really do hate those little snipers on the outer wall, (or anywhere else for that matter) but I really don't want anymore invisible walls in the game than we already have. I would very much like PGI to REMOVE many of the invisible walls as they block my fire at times.

I think a good solution to getting rid of or reducing the wall snipers is to just remove all cover for them to hide behind on the top of the walls. If they have to keep moving while they're shooting to keep from getting destroyed then I think that will curb their sniping desires. If they have nothing to hide behind then their sniping runs will most likely be short and much less effective and they won't be able to camp on top of the walls without being destroyed.

#5 Throe

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

View PostCaptain Grayson Lighthorse, on 22 February 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

While I really do hate those little snipers on the outer wall, (or anywhere else for that matter) but I really don't want anymore invisible walls in the game than we already have. I would very much like PGI to REMOVE many of the invisible walls as they block my fire at times.

I think a good solution to getting rid of or reducing the wall snipers is to just remove all cover for them to hide behind on the top of the walls. If they have to keep moving while they're shooting to keep from getting destroyed then I think that will curb their sniping desires. If they have nothing to hide behind then their sniping runs will most likely be short and much less effective and they won't be able to camp on top of the walls without being destroyed.

I wouldn't mind the eradication of the *visible* mini-walls on top of the HPG walls, thus making it more challenging to sit up there and snipe, which is rarely an effective strategy anyway.

I would totally mind the implementation of more invisible walls. Invisible walls are infuriating in all their forms.

The out of bounds markers are different, and would be an acceptable solution, if not for the fact that these HPG outer walls were clearly meant to be able to be climbed. I don't want them to retroactively change maps to that degree just because a few players get frustrated by chasing bad snipers(if they were good snipers, their teams would win as a result, and there would be no need for anyone to chase them).

#6 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

Sorry not sorry. While incredibly annoying. It's completely valid to wall run and poke.

#7 Slow G

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

I saw an enemy battlemaster on the wall a few matches ago. I say leave it in

#8 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:34 AM

I haven't yet tried to get my ANH-2A up there but it could be fun given the LB2Xs optimal range is 932 and the max is 2796. Find the right spot and I can wail rounds from one edge to the other.

#9 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:00 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 March 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

I haven't yet tried to get my ANH-2A up there but it could be fun given the LB2Xs optimal range is 932 and the max is 2796. Find the right spot and I can wail rounds from one edge to the other.

I thought PGI removed the 3x Max Range Limit and made it only 2x at most?!?!? :wacko:

~D. V. "That number seems too high to me." Devnull

#10 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:43 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 March 2018 - 03:00 AM, said:

I thought PGI removed the 3x Max Range Limit and made it only 2x at most?!?!? Posted Image

~D. V. "That number seems too high to me." Devnull

Not for the IS light ballistics.

#11 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:55 PM

There is a simple way to defeat these wall snipers: just tell everyone to go to the basement and the wall sniper will be forced to jump off the wall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users