Idea To Tie In Game Events To The Real World

3 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerkuh

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

I think it would be a great way to let players get and introduce new colors to the game by having events that tie into the real world like earning pink during a breast cancer awareness or stripe pattern you can use for a pride flag mech. These are just examples there are sure to be other great ways to tie mwo to the real world players in it. I recall the charity mech and that did well didn't it?

#2 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

We got a france flag on 14 July 2016. That is about as real as it gets.
Personally, i think game and rl should stay separated.
I get that solidary and charity are good things but at the same im i would rather have a well defined line on this matter.
Besides, pink for breast cancer awareness? Could it get any more stereotypical? I'm a man, i can get breast cancer too.
I think we needs a genderneutral social justice mech'pattern and paint. I suggest all noob basic green.
I would also like to counter your pride flag mech pattern with my pro abortion mech pattern TM.
Guess you know what i am getting at. Your suggestion is in practice a good thing, in reality, tho, i can flip into wrong direction rather easily.

#3 Panzerkuh

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

Please provide constructive ideas towards possible events. These are just the examples I thought of first there is no reason to try and strawman me and twist it to something political. I was unaware of the French Flag event, that could be another possibility to award Decals or flag colors on countries birthday/independence days by logging on for a match.

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:49 AM

American Flag on July 4th or even a firecracker cockpit item.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users