General Consensus Of Supply Caches?

66 replies to this topic

#61 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

View Postarcana75, on 15 January 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

I seriously doubt PGi is going to give you everything inside EXISTING crates. They are more likely to put out an announcement to get you to open crates you want to gamble on before they do a wipe and replace them with the "new" crates which are normalised to the new "get everything in a crate" crate, aka what the industry is doing now aka open a loot crate and hope for a legendary drop.

Keys? I am hoping for a MC refund *cough*giveaway*cough* since all my keys about 50+ were free.

Nothing is set in stone yet. Which is why I am keeping them.

#62 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

View PostLanzman, on 08 January 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

The only time I open a cache any more is if there's a mech in it. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

or MC as long as it's more than the 25 you need to buy the key in the first place if you don't have any

#63 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:06 AM

View PostYosharian, on 14 January 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not sure about those figures, but spending money for what is, the vast majority of the time, trash just doesn't make economical sense

if it's really three cents per key then that changes things somewhat, but I still intensely dislike the principle

My 250MC/USD is an average figure and is on the conservative side. If you buy big MC packs when they go on sale the ratio changes, so the savings might be even larger but at a certain point, it's splitting hairs.

I have limited time to play MWO, so spending a dime on occasion to save grind time is worth it to me.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#64 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

View PostYosharian, on 14 January 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

> I get 1 day free premiums

oh **** son! whatta deal! who cares about premium time, honestly. if you care about premium time you're probably a whale anyway. (not that there's anything wrong with being a whale if you have money to burn, you go girl)

> I've gotten many free bays, at a 300 MC value each

ok first of all buy bays in sales, not just whenever, secondly like i said to the other guy just because you got some bays doesn't make it mathematically a good idea for keys to be bought as a rule. lastly, i'd rather spend my MC to buy an actual bay than spend it on a chance to get one.

> Even if i bought my keys for 250, and opened 10, i'll typically get a day of premium or a bay which covers that cost,, and then i easily get 2-3-4m worth of c-bills in items, and entire night of playing for me, on top of all the bonus credits i get from the premium being active, which means that 250 MC, just turned into an easy 5m+ between the items i got and the money i made in the next few hours. A few times i've pulled in close to 10m cause i had longer to play like on a weekend.

> The other day i had a really nice open of 10 boxes.. I got an XL-280 engine, a Gauss rifle, large pulse, mechbay, and 1k MC.

'check out these lucky drops I got' is not a mathematically-sound argument for loot boxes

> If you spend 25 MC to get 50, that is a +25 gain.

and that totally happens on average

> if you pulled a nice weapon you are ahead

weapons are bought with cbills

I am so far from a whale.. Last year i spent all of 7 bucks on MC on each account to buy bays on sale, and then 15 dollars on the javelin and piranha packages one for clan and IS loyalty mechs for said accounts, they also come with goodies like 6.5m, 3 bays, 1 month premium and 3 colors. Outside of two other packages i've spend 125 dollars on MC in 4 years. I have 175 mechs, and a crap load of heroes.

And yes,. a day of premium means something to me, as i can bank up a bunch of C-bills or grind a mech. For instance i opened 15 early November on my IS account, Pulled a 3 day premium, and 2 single days, along with a mech bay.. Every single time i've opened crates i've pulled a bay or premium.. it has not failed yet.

My IS account has 50 keys, which i got for free remaining (i had bought 20 keys just prior to the big give-away, with FREE MC earned from playing. My clan account is down to 43, if i opend all the crates i have banked on that acount i would only have a couple left.. But i'm waiting till i want to activate some premium time, but seeing i have some coming next week i don't need to use it. I've bought 10 packs of keys 3 times on my IS account for the grand total of 750 MC and once on my Clan. But even if i didn't as i've stated many times, i've got more in premium time and bays than if i had bought them strait up.

and for the record, i've earned many more free keys than that.. seeing i have 2 accounts i've earned well over 100 keys and still have most of them.

and yes i buy day passes on occasion because its a very nice way to boost my C-bills or grind a mech when needed. I typically save my Premium boxes till i want to do that, and I've never not pulled premium time when opening around 10 boxes.

and again, i'm around 35 mill in extra's at this point maybe a bit more, with that new engine tacked on, on top of the Real cash extras. For pocket change i have boosted my account substantially.

If you actually opened more than a couple you would know that mathematically...

Blues are about 60-65%, purples, run about 65-85%, Orange is about 85-99, and yellows are 1%. If you open 10 you are typically going to get 2-3 purples, and 1-2 oranges depending.. I've never opened 10 in a row and not pulled a purple and orange.

My only issue with the crates is i don't get many even though i play a decent amount. and yes,... Had i payed for every single crate it would of been worth the 15 dollars... But seeing it only cost me about 5, it is hardly something i would complain about.

Edited by JC Daxion, 15 January 2018 - 01:19 PM.

#65 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 January 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

(I don't open every single one like an idiot), .

That must be because you play a ton and win and get many.. :) I don't get enough to even burn through free keys opening them all lol

#66 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 January 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Nothing is set in stone yet. Which is why I am keeping them.

Same here. Been stockpiling.

View PostYosharian, on 14 January 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

if it's really three cents per key then that changes things somewhat, but I still intensely dislike the principle

The most you can get from MC in a single purchase is 32500MC for $99.95, so 1 key is 7.69c.

#67 Yosharian

• Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:11 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 January 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

Are you a newbie? Cause PGI gave away plenty of free keys during previous events and promotions. I have opened about 50 crates with free keys and I STILL have 47 free keys remaining. Lies, my arse!

I must be playing at the wrong times then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users