Favorite Erll Mechs

20 replies to this topic

#1 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hey all, been having fun with a 4x ERLL Hunchback IIC-A, and I'm curious what other mechs you guys have been having good results with that feature ERLLs as the primary source of damage. Thanks in advance guys, and good hunting.

#2 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

Virago 4 ERLL TC7 no ECM. Posted Image

#3 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

HBR-Prime, with a few other Omnipods... 3x C-ERLL, 5x C-ERML, ECM, TCOMP-1, max armor.

#4 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 10 January 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

HBR-Prime, with a few other Omnipods... 3x C-ERLL, 5x C-ERML, ECM, TCOMP-1, max armor.

Not sure if me, but thats prolly the hottest build ive seen suggested on here in a while. Yeah you got amazing firepower, but with MAX armor, TC, and ECM, you can at best bring ~18 DHS total, thats literally a single shot and ur gonna spend the next 30 seconds cooking under a rock.

Anyways, back to the question, my number 1 ERLL mech (and general sniper build) is my ebon with 3ERLL and 1GR. Everything is shoulder mounted so it draws a bit of fire away from the CT (if you use shoulder mounts weapons are more vulnurable but at least ur less likely to be CT cored in an instant), and can be used to fire whenever the enemy is within LOS (no arm clipping ground BS). Its also decently fast and at range, its defensive profile isnt anywhere near as bad as the ebon normally is up close (cant tank at all, hellbringer beats it in hitbox dept and its meh at best). Also, while the triple ERLL is the main firepower, there is the GR for when ur cooking or want to play a bit stealthily (blue lightsabers really get peoples attention).

Other then that, i really dont play much ERLL mechs. My other primary sniper for FP besides the ebon above (i have 2 of those so i get 2 lives) is the summoner, but on that i run GR+ERPPC instead. Ohh yeah, and i have a MAD2C with 2ERLL and 2GR, but its sorta mediocre at true sniping since it just doesnt have enough damage output to do that. I think ive swapped one of teh ERLLs for either a HLL or a LPL and do better though, so with just 1 ERLL i cant quite call that a primary weapon (relies mostly on the dual GRs). Used to run a MAD2C with 6 ERLLs as well, but i sorta ditched that build since it really isnt advantageous to bring assaults into FP as a clanner, too heavy and their survivability isnt much above a heavy. 3 heavys and 1 medium/light is almost always superior to 1 assault, 2 light heavy, 1 light unless im just not in the mood to run heavy mechs or the mode (conquest, incursion) doesnt favor slow mechs (in which case assaults also stay home).

#5 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 11 January 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

Not sure if me, but thats prolly the hottest build ive seen suggested on here in a while. Yeah you got amazing firepower, but with MAX armor, TC, and ECM, you can at best bring ~18 DHS total, thats literally a single shot and ur gonna spend the next 30 seconds cooking under a rock.

Best to chainfire the ERLL, and burst the mediums... Usually get 2 rounds out of the chain, and a medium burst before overheating if you have the weapon heat reduction maxed. If you max the Ops cooling and containment, you can get nearly 3 rounds with the chain. (this is all without any coolshots)

Yes, it runs hot, but you shouldn't be facetanking in a HBR anyways, so you should have cover readily available.

A lot of people underestimate hot-running mechs... Don't. They can 1-shot you if you're not careful. Sure they need to hide and cool right after, but you're still dead and they're still alive. Heat management is a skill that should be honed, and practice in the Academy is recommended before taking it into a match. (I have almost as many hours in there as I do actual gameplay, just figuring out weapon loadouts and heat management for my variants)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 12 January 2018 - 10:19 PM.

#6 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:55 PM

I find ERLLs to be terrible weapons in general. That said, my fav ERLL mech is the Supernova.

#7 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

3 ERLLs and LBX10 on my Thunderbolt does decently.

Alternatively, for the Shadowhawk 2K 3 ERLLs with Streaks as backups works well too.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...877d784bb00fe4e

There are probably some clan mechs out there that do the sniper part better but the Streaks give it a decent ability to defend itself from lights. If you want you can always drop one ERLL to give yourself a lot more weight to work with.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

The top ERL mechs in the game
BLR-1G
SNV (forget the two good variants)
HBKIIC-A
GYR - Gauss/ERL(again forget variant, but it's set of 8 quirked for it)
HBR

The "not so good" but still OK.
WHK (I forget the variant that is quirked for it, but one is)
GHP-5P
WHM-6D (pretty sure that's it, with +10% range)
CDA - For 3ERL/2ERL harrass role

View PostBTGbullseye, on 12 January 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Best to chainfire the ERLL

Never, ever chain-fire. Unless you are @ 85% heat and in a situation where you cannot cool off.

The whole point of running cERL or IS ERL is - trading. You basically dump your max damage output and get into cover and cool of. Repeat. Also don't keep "poking" the same spot, people will wise up and make you pay for it.

View PostNRP, on 14 January 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

I find ERLLs to be terrible weapons in general. That said, my fav ERLL mech is the Supernova.

ERL and cERPP is the mainstay of the top level because of their dominance, they are -that- good.

Any map where you have sight lines over 800m (most maps have this). You are laughing.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 January 2018 - 05:45 PM.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 18 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

never can tell when it will be nerfed but I use this for FP 5ERLL Cat (used to use it anyways I pretty much gave up on FP and I wont dare use it in QP)

its a smaller target then some of the taller IS ERLL Mechs

I used to take out my 4 ERLL TW but I am pretty sure it sucks these day

#10 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:38 AM

I use the hbk IIC a to as a ranged mech. The 3 erll shadowcat is good too tho, not much mention if that in this thread.

#11 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

Favorite: Hands down, 4ERLL Quickdraw 5K. Its fun and shockingly effective, even for me. Dragon as well, though I recently converted mine to 4LL and an LFE as I seem to always end up brawling sooner rather than later with it. I also have just started playing a Purifier with 2 ERLL and that’s been fun too so far. I lack the trigger control and positioning patience to make the Battlemaster with 6 ERLL work well, switched to 5 and added more DHS and it fits me much better. Finally I still run a Grasshopper 5P with 5ERLL, despite its lost quirks, because **** you dart board, that’s why.

#12 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

The Jester is pretty good with 5 er larges. Need to stagger them due to too much heat but can still alpha strike if needed.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:02 PM

Quad ERLL Ebon Jaguar loaded down with heatsinks. You can get 2 full alphas off firing all 4 through ghostheat then do a stagger alpha right after. Without going through ghostheat you could get some serious sustain damage out if the enemy team lets you get away with it.

Pretty nice mech.

#14 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:25 PM

Jester and K2 with 4 ER LLs, just got a Grasshopper with 4 ER LL and 4 MM for those who close the distance.

Stalker 4N is still a killer laser boat.

#15 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

I have seen the SNV-1 boating 6xERLL really well. All the weapons on the arms, allows you to track well.

#16 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

My two best sniper mechs are:

TDR-5SS
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3467441b8c47558

BLR-1G
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dd1aa3725d2e213

Both have an optimal range of ~850m or so, and decent enough cooling I can get off 4-5 salvos before having to back down a hill. The BLR is obviously better, but not sure if it's 20 tons better. The TDR is faster, but with worse hardpoints. Still serviceable though IMO.

#17 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

Nova Cat. Can actually run 5x ER Large and throw in one ER Medium, LAMS, plenty of heatsinks. A bit slow though at 70 kph Skilled.

#18 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:12 AM

I know it's been more than a week after the last post, but I feel there are some lighter mechs missing in this hit list.

CDA-3M (3 ERLL, ECM) -> Old, trusted and a menace on a map like polar highlands (Careful! May even pull 1k damage on FP polar before going down!)

ACH (2 ERLL, ECM) -> A bit on the hot side, but fast, stealthy and quite tough for 35t.

MLX-C (1 ERLL, 1 ERML, ECM) ->ACH not light enough? Try this, including 2 strikes!

Other than that a lot of lights that fit into the 'fire support' role can be build as ERLL supporters. All you need good positioning.

Edited by Brethren, 05 March 2018 - 05:15 AM.

#19 _SpiderGoat

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:32 AM

Most fun i've had with blue lights recently..
IS
5ERL BLR
4ERL RGH 3A

CLan
4ERL HBR VI (hero omni gives range boost)
4ERL EBJ

#20 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:27 AM

I find ERLL 'mechs a little tricky to use in quick play, there's such strong focus on short-to-mid range. However to those listed above, I'd add:

Shadow Hawk 2K (3xERLL, big XL engine, lots of DHS) -- Old-school choice, but it still has that WONDERFUL placement of 3xERLL over one shoulder. That shoulder is all you should be showing.

Crab 27b (3xERLL with LFE250 and lots of DHS) -- Poor hardpoint placement, but very sturdy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users