#41 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 11 January 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

The Touman looks upon your lack of honour with disdain, warrior!

Said the freeborn! Posted Image

#42 Mister Glitchdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:58 AM

You know, if someone got on the all chat and asked for 1v1 at the beginning of a solo QP, I wouldn't get in their way. If someone asked for a 1v1 at the end of a match, however, I would disregard. "QP" stands for Quick Play. I've only got so much time to play, and dragging out a match so you can have a moment is not part of my program, sorry.

Having said all that, I have never seen a teammate or enemy in solo qp ask anyone for a 1v1, so all this is hypothetical to me.

#43 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 January 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

Well excuse me!

I did not drop just to watch 2 people duke it out when as commander I need all my soldiers! <shrugs>

The question is did any of them actually sign up for you commanding or did you just appoint yourself then act pompous when they don't act how you like?

#44 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostDago Red, on 11 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

The question is did any of them actually sign up for you commanding or did you just appoint yourself then act pompous when they don't act how you like?

In all such drops, not one questioned either my authority or my actions, especially the errant grunt -- after the fact, of course. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 11 January 2018 - 10:31 AM.

#45 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostMystere, on 11 January 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

In all such drops, not one questioned either my authority or my actions, especially errant grunt -- after the fact, of course. Posted Image

Ok got it. Adding you to the list of commanders to troll and countermand if dropping with. THUMBS UP!

Edited by Dago Red, 11 January 2018 - 10:33 AM.

#46 Rayden Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 759 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

View PostDago Red, on 11 January 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

That was the thing that triggered me^^
Not that Mystere didnt want to look two guys duelling each other, more this "you do what i say or **** off". Nope.
I wouldnt accept a one on one at the start of the a match nor would i expect poeple watching it. But at the end of a match that is allready decided, why not? Everyone who is already death just could leave and the survivors could just take a piss. I mean that 1v1 isnt going over a half of an hour, just a minute. And the last poor enemy is not chased by an entire team.
And yes Mystere, i am sure i am not able to kill you in an one on one, but an alphastrike in your back is nothing you could just ignore :P

#47 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Hey did you know that an entire new game mode which has a focus on 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 is on the horizon?

#48 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

There's private lobby for 1v1

#49 blood4blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 527 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:32 PM

Response to OP: 1v1 just aren't as interesting because there's no team dynamic, only one other mech to watch for, only one other player to try to anticipate, etc. 1v1's can be fun sometimes, sure, but overall I've always preferred team games for PvP.

#50 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 11 January 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

And yes Mystere, i am sure i am not able to kill you in an one on one, but an alphastrike in your back is nothing you could just ignore Posted Image

And I will make very sure Tina does not ignore that one either. Posted Image Posted Image

#51 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

I don't like 1v1 for a few reasons

1) when I drop I have know idea what Mech I am dropping in

that is sometimes my Mech is this kick butt killing machine other times
its slow cant get out of it own way and is soft as heck

FP is a similar experience
you never know if your going against a team with there super non overheating Mechs
and you get this slow pokey junk Mech that goes down after a few hits

when I drop with a team all of a sudden I have this super Mech that just kicks butt

JMTCW

#52 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:30 AM

It's a math issue.

If my QP w/l is 2.0 and yours is 1.5, that doesn't translate to you winning almost half and me winning slightly more than half of our 1v1s - it means I'm going to win about 90-95% and you will beat me 5-10% of the time because I'm a better player - the only variables are you and me, unless I am suddenly worse or you suddenly better I'm still going to win.

That's the issue Solaris is going to have. It's going to have an insanely skewed w/l, the bad players who are clamoring for Solaris will get utterly destroyed and the good players who get the value of teamwork will win almost every match, even in 1 v 1 - because the same skills that make you good in the game now (understanding why meta is meta for example) still apply in 1 v 1.

#53 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

Since I dont have had the option to 1 vs 1 in private often or none at all. I welcome public, solaris 1 vs 1. Balanced or not.
But I also rather want a full on 12/ 16/ 24 player FREE for all for some chaotic carnage. Where the max amount of mechs under each class are evenly shared if possible, non discrimating IS vs Clan mechs.

12 FFA?

4 lights, 4 mediums, 4 heavies, 4 assaults. For example

Regarding tiers? well separate tiers so no mix of tier 1 and 2 mechs. Problem might be too many buckets.

#54 Agent1190

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 469 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

Most of my mechs aren't configured as "1v1 mechs." I like to incorporate something that can hit at medium/long and short ranges. Just my build style. Plus, it's how my team typically plays.

When Solaris comes out, I will probably redo some mechs into 1v1 brawlers. Until then, 1v1 doesn't hold any interest for me.

#55 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

one thing is for sure

Solaris 7 will have many many tears

#56 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

i like 1v1s, what i dont like is making friends to get them. i need a lobby. solaris is that lobby.

#57 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:17 PM

Solaris or private lobby...

Solo (or more solo play) in team deathmatch disadvantages your/there team.

Ugh... and I'm really disliking cbill hogging ST (having run out if GSP & historic GXP)... and going forward Solaris will probably warrent another respec of ST or new mech purchases and unlocking more jolly nodes :(

#58 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:27 PM

1 v 1s are hard, and some people either don't feel like putting the work in to get good at it or don't want to risk bruising their egos. Unlike a big match, there is no team to draw aggro while you work some magic in the rear. It's all face-to-face and the tiniest deficiency in your chass, build and piloting execution will land you a loss.

#59 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

12 v 12 no-respawn is what makes this game unique.

If i really wanted 1 v 1 i would play another game.

Just my opinion.

#60 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:15 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 13 January 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Solaris 7 will have many many tears

Since you can't just hop in your solo/group queue mech and expect to do as well in a 1v1 or 2v2 scenario against more specialized mechs yes, the river of tears shall stretch across from Tharkad to New Avalon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users