42 replies to this topic

#1 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Hey everyone,
Let's continue discussion of the MaZr Invitational here. This isn't the "official" thread, that will be started after our meeting tomorrow. Speaking of which, we will meet at 1 AM UTC (8 PM EST, 5 PM PST, Noon AEDT) on the event discord. Please see your invites for the link.

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:15 AM

Wut.

#3 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:28 AM

MaZr Invitational charity event. Our original thread got locked for reasons we can only speculate on.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

I looked up your Forum Profile, and saw no posts from the locked thread. Since the search function is busted on these forums, and nothing came up in Google, let the rest of us know in this thread what it is and if we can participate.

#5 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

I'll let Ivor give the official blurb but basically..

MaZr is hosting a charity event (for Child's Play) where they plan to stream match-ups against similarly skilled units. In between matches will be entertaining filler matches. There have already been donations to provide incentives for viewership and participation.

If you're in a unit that would like to participate I'd suggest messaging Ivor today. :)

#6 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

Sure thing!
That post started as someone trying to start some ****. By the time we got news of the thread people were offering mech packs and hero mechs to the winning side so we said, if we win just donate it to charity. Then people started upping their offers to charity and the total got above $300 US and PGI has offered to throw some MC into the mix sooooo...

The basic gist is that we're planning to have it be a series exhibition matches that will be streamed and casted with the idea of raising funds for Child's Play. A bunch of the major FP units are involved including EVIL, MS, C4, G-nx, CBR, and hopefull others. Rather than have it be pretty much the same ol' meta, we're mixing it up with a number of different game types/mech/weapons restrictions to make it fun. Some matches are more serious while others are just stupid fun. The event itself is scheduled for 1/27 from 6-11:30 EST.

There's a bunch more history and details in the original thread. If you're interested in seeing it evolve follow the hierarchy. I'm the main organizer, so feel free to message me with any questions.
Mechwarrior Universe>Faction Play>"Is Anyone Sick Off..." [sic]

Here's a link to Child's Play for more info about them. http://www.childsplaycharity.org/about

If there are units who wish to participate, let me know TODAY so I can send you an invitation to the meeting tomorrow evening (or morning as your case may be). We may likely need to fill out some matches depending on what various units can bring so if you want to freelance, let me know as well.

Edited by Ivor, 11 January 2018 - 10:45 AM.

#7 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

TL:DR

Dozens of moons ago, there was a VOIp spat that spilled over to the forums between members of two units, MAZR and ARC7. Dust settled, nothing happened.

Recently, one of those pilots (no longer in MAZR) called out the ARC7 member and more trash talk ensued.

An idea by Vxheous and Ash was born to settle in in a 8v8 or 12v12 between MAZR and ARC7. Donations came in to award the winning team stuffs. MAZR asked for all donations to go to the Child's Play charity instead of PGI (classy AF), and PGI has promised MC which I believe is planned to be given away to spectators, as the match would be streamed.

ARC7 bowed out (and booted the ARC7 player that started everything?), so in order to continue to donation/charity train, a member of MAZR (Ivor) has begun organizing a tournament style event.

Someone make a TLDR of my TLDR, it's still too long

#8 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

View Postr4zen, on 11 January 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

TL:DR

Dozens of moons ago, there was a VOIp spat that spilled over to the forums between members of two units, MAZR and ARC7. Dust settled, nothing happened.

Recently, one of those pilots (no longer in MAZR) called out the ARC7 member and more trash talk ensued.

An idea by Vxheous and Ash was born to settle in in a 8v8 or 12v12 between MAZR and ARC7. Donations came in to award the winning team stuffs. MAZR asked for all donations to go to the Child's Play charity instead of PGI (classy AF), and PGI has promised MC which I believe is planned to be given away to spectators, as the match would be streamed.

ARC7 bowed out (and booted the ARC7 player that started everything?), so in order to continue to donation/charity train, a member of MAZR (Ivor) has begun organizing a tournament style event.

Someone make a TLDR of my TLDR, it's still too long

TL/DR Someone started **** in-game. Someone tried to start **** in forum. People offered ****. Team MaZr said give **** to charity. ARC7 bowed out. Ivor wanted SOME **** to happen and some **** to go to charity so he's organizing an EXHIBITION style event between a whole bunch of awesome units and you should come participate, watch, and/or donate!

#9 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

My offer stands.

PM details for charity and upon match completion I will donate 100$ cnd in MaZr's name if you so choose.

#10 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

View Posttker 669, on 11 January 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

My offer stands.

PM details for charity and upon match completion I will donate 100$ cnd in MaZr's name if you so choose.

Awesome! We'll have a donation page/widget thing set up so anyone can donate at any time during and before the event. It should be super simple.

Edited by Ivor, 11 January 2018 - 01:03 PM.

#11 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

Looking forward to this.

~C4

#12 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit über das erste Zusammentreffen mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus. Paraphrasing: “No plan survives first contact with the enemy.” - Helmuth von Moltke.

For the record, everything I have, do, and will say on this form is of my own opinion and not of any team/company/group that I am with. It is regrettable that even after I’ve said I am not an officer of ARC7 or hold any leadership roles that people still think I hold sway and or can speak for the unit. I do not nor have I ever, is an understatement.

With that being said. As of this moment I am still with ARC7 and have had good conversations with a few officers in the unit as how to move forward. The leadership has been more than accommodating, and for lack of a better term, put the ball in my court. To Stay with ARC7 would require a change on my behalf that not only myself but others have pointed out would be difficult to say the least. That being my banter on MWO Forms.

Said “banter” is something I enjoy and have fun with. Yes, I get heated, yes, I rustle jimmy’s, do I ever mean harm no. I mean come on, it’s a game! I have strong opinions on how things work in this game due to experience of play. An excel sheet only says so much, and math only works on paper.

To reinforce, one of the officers said something that really put things in perspective for me and I thank him for that. Ill paraphrase; would you tell Bruce Lee that his punches are wrong, or that you would win a fight? No that’s just stupid. Because that’s what you do on the forms sometimes. Your telling people that are better than you at this game that they are wrong.

That really framed it up for me. I think it’s more of, for me, not telling him the punch is wrong, but why punch if you can use a gun? Or another weapon? Why rush a sniper when if you know where he is just call in artillery or an airstrike? If it came down to a fist fight then my hope would be to do as much damage as possible and goal would to be for me to be sitting next to Bruce in the hospital.

Spiraling from this way of thinking, comes my damaging of relationships between members of ARC7 and other units. I am sorry that has happened, I’m solely responsible for that fact. To MAZR, I am sorry you got drug into this again. There was no need for it. I will not make excuses for why the post I made many moons ago happened, but it did. As for R4zen (who has not been with MAZR for quite a while) I will not apologize for anything I’ve said to him. However, I will take him up on his 1v1 so we can put this to bed. If Justcalllme ASH still wants to present/announce over the match then I request any proceeds go the Shriner's Hospital for Kids. If the 1v1 Isn’t available and only 12v12 then I don’t care what side I’m on only that R4zen is on the other side, I want in.

Edit: cleaned up color codes.

Edited by Grus, 11 January 2018 - 01:42 PM.

#13 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostMole, on 11 January 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

How much you wanna bet this little bit of the Code of Conduct was why your previous thread was locked?

ADVERTISING

Players must not engage in the advertising of any third-party content that is not beneficial and not related to MWO or PGI services or any related businesses, organizations, or websites.

PGI is giving us MC for the event. So...

View PostGrus, on 11 January 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

However, I will take him up on his 1v1 so we can put this to bed. If Justcalllme ASH still wants to present/announce over the match then I request any proceeds go the Shriner's Hospital for Kids. If the 1v1 Isn’t available and only 12v12 then I don’t care what side I’m on only that R4zen is on the other side, I want in.

MAIN EVENT IS BACK IN PLAY

So Grus, realtalk, sounds like you've done some nice introspection and I respect that. Sending you a PM to work out 1v1 details

#14 RoadblockXL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

View PostIvor, on 11 January 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

TL/DR Someone started **** in-game. Someone tried to start **** in forum. People offered ****. Team MaZr said give **** to charity. ARC7 bowed out. Ivor wanted SOME **** to happen and some **** to go to charity so he's organizing an EXHIBITION style event between a whole bunch of awesome units and you should come participate, watch, and/or donate!

TLDR of the TLDR for the TLDR:

Grudge match turned into a charity event.

#15 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

View Postr4zen, on 11 January 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Spoiler

So pretty much that. Just some fun stirring between units and then an idea to settle it was born - All for fun of course. Nothing sinister at work. Cheekiez & I were gonna cast it etc. You know, have some FUN in MWO.

If anyone wants to read the more details background head over HERE

(Hopefully the moderators can apply some common sense here and let the link stay so that people actually know what the OP is talking about given there is clear confusion. The bulk of the thread is for a good cause/having some you know, fun - we all know each other and actually are enjoying it. Save for one guy who derailed it - so again - please use common sense.)

Edited by justcallme A S H, 11 January 2018 - 02:45 PM.

#16 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

View Postr4zen, on 11 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

PGI is giving us MC for the event. So...

MAIN EVENT IS BACK IN PLAY

So Grus, realtalk, sounds like you've done some nice introspection and I respect that. Sending you a PM to work out 1v1 details

Yes!!! The grudge match 1vs1 is happening!!

#17 FrontlineAssembly

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFort Smith Arkansas...can't belive I moved to Arkansas of all places....

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:46 PM

Mazr accepts Grus's apology. Im guessing it was a good "come to Jesus" talk he had with the Arc7 leadership. and as I stated in the previous threads. We have NO issues with Arc7. Except for some friendly griefing. As all units do with each other.....

#18 Ghostbear1968

Rookie

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:25 PM

Just what i told players yesterday, ARC7 and MAZR have a history of fighting together, and we have lots of friends on both sides, so just like HHoD, Evil, C4 and many other teams, we fight, we fight hard, we win and loose, but there are no hard feelings between players and if there is anything coming up, we are all Humans, we most of us, so we all have feelings and get excited over things but i never had any player i really had problems with and i am sure R4zen and Grus will settle it in there 1 on 1 and we all can go on from there together as friends as we allways were. And about the 12 vs 12, if High commmand says we do it, then i am in for the good cause. And if people keep asking if there are problems between ARC7 and HHoD, ask them how they get the idea and who told them there is a problem, so we can talk to who ever is spreading.....

#19 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hey Grus!
We'd love to have you! I'll see what i can do to fit you in, but due to the nature of how this came about I'd like to discuss options with you and R4zen. I hear he has reached out to you regarding format. If we go with 1v1 I'll leave conditions up to you two.

Ghostbear1968,
We're all for cooperation here and would still love to have you or ARC7 involved in some way. If BaronDeath is amenable, let me know by tomorrow morning (EST) and I'll send you some details. We'll just need an ARC7 rep in a meeting tomorrow (See first post in this thread).

#20 Gimme1

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:12 PM

I want to ask all members to keep this on topic and the topic is the MaZr charity event we don't need another thread shut down over petty nonsense. This has the potential so be something great if we all get on board. Cheers Psh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users