Looking To Tweak My Ebjprime

3 replies to this topic

#1 Trollunge

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Okay so Basically I took the stock ebj prime and gave it two lbx 10s , 4 things of ammo and chain fire them.
I am liking the lrm 10 for some early game harass when I dont necessarily have los to anything

The srm 2 however I am not really sure it is helping all that much. but i am not sure what to replace it with.

I dont have a smurfy build but this build is short so eh

Two LBX10 with Four Ammo

One SRM 2 with One Ammo

One LRM 2 with Two Ammo

Not sure if I should try and fit a laser on or just chuck a laser ams on it for some missile defense.

#2 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:47 PM

A single SRM2 is basically useless, and so is a single LRM10. I really suggest you don't stick with the spirit of the stock build, those kind of mechs don't work in MWO.
You need to decide what you want to do and stick to it. For exemple your LBX, you mounted two, then you'd want weapons than complement them. SRMs for exemple. That leads you to 2 LBX + 2 SRM6. To be honest that's not a really good build, but at least it's coherent.

Also, don't forget you can change the hardpoints by switching omnipods, you're not stuck with the EBJ-PRIME configuration.

For information, here are few builds than work well on Ebon Jaguars:
- laser vomit
- medium pulses
- dakka

(don't chainfire your LB10X, always alpha, there's no ghost heat and you'll spread less the damage)

#3 Trollunge

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:33 PM

So far i really enjoy wading in and chain firing my lbx 10s essentially i turned it into my Florentines big brother only with lbx instead of UAC5s
The lrm 10 ismore there for while I am on my way, in fact I have been half tempted to remove all ammo but a half ton becuase I have way to much lrm ammo. Though adding more dakka is tempting hah

#4 Alaric Hasek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

The only reason to use an LRM-10 on an EBJ is to rack up assists. Is more valuable to you than 3 tons of direct damage (another MPL and a heatsink)? You only get 9 shots out of the LRMs, so spread them around. I don't suggest you build like that and you'll get a lot of crap for wasting tons on LRMs, but it's doable.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...22ad9a1b526b597

View Postepikt, on 11 January 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

A single SRM2 is basically useless, and so is a single LRM10. I really suggest you don't stick with the spirit of the stock build, those kind of mechs don't work in MWO.

Edited by Alaric Hasek, 14 January 2018 - 02:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users