Will The Matchmaker Ever Work?

44 replies to this topic

#41 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

It was so bad yesterday. Granted, I took the day off and played during the day...

#42 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 16 January 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

That's it friend I found NO evidence of a matchmaker being used in gameplay even on a brand new account.

Um, yeah, matchmakers DON'T PLAY THE GAME! All the match maker does is put people on teams! You said yourself that you don't see tier 5 players in your tier 1 matches, you know they exist, yet you claim there is no matchmaker! How can there be no tier 5 players in tier 1 games if there's no matchmaker to keep them out? Your own observations of reality do not support your conclusions.

#43 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostKingCobra, on 16 January 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

I don't know I play a tier 1 to tier 4 player all the time no mater if its QP or FP so I just assume they removed the MM 6 months ago because of low population and wait times for both game modes.

How DO you see the tier of those you play with and against in match?

???

You do know there is no MM in FP, tiers do not mean anything there.

#44 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 12 January 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

People with damage of 400, 500, 600 and even 1.000 are put together with people under 100 and 200 damage. I mean, 81 damage in a MCII? 29 damage in a CN9? 32 damage in an AWS?

This is a symptom of the problem, not the cause of it. It's impossible to put up good damage numbers when you get left behind by your NASCAR team. It's the responsibility of *THE TEAM* to communicate to it's members about the movements of the group, and that simply doesn't happen in Quick Play, normally. If you find yourself out of position, the team abandons you. If you've used up too much of your armor, your team doesn't care, and will still shoot you in the back to secure a kill.

Even with a minimum of organization, almost all of these things are non-issues.

If you're too slow to keep up, your team will move slowly enough to allow you to keep up. OR, better yet, they'll ask you to go first in the direction they want to move, since, you know, the slowest 'Mech on the team usually has the most armor.

Of course, sometimes, you've still got players who make bad decisions and run head long into the bulk of the enemy team by themselves. Hopefully, that can be forgiven from time to time. No one is perfect. :D

#45 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:48 PM

[mod]I would suggest trying to behave.
Keep on topic please.

Some discussions might be better in PMs,
especially if they just go in circles.

Some posts removed, others cleaned up afterwards.

Enjoy the discussion![/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users