- - - - -

Night Gyr Build

19 replies to this topic

#1 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

I made a Night Gyr-C build a while back, and I've been trying to improve upon it. I think I might need some new Omnipods, because I want to run larger ballistics.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3a9377bcc06308c

It can melt someone's face, but I wish I could have Ultra AC/10s. I've heard of dual U-AC/10 Gauss builds, and I've been thinking of trying one of those out.

By the way, Smurfy bugged the hell out, so there's actually an extra ton of U-AC/5 ammo and instead of an ER medium, there's a Medium Pulse.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

A personal favorite NTG-C

Ultra 10's and mediums could work but I think other mechs are better suited for it.

Edited by Roughneck45, 22 January 2018 - 09:36 AM.

#3 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 22 January 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

A personal favorite NTG-C

Ultra 10's and mediums could work but I think other mechs are better suited for it.

I'll make sure to try that out.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a73f378c3e6d77d

Here you go. Not much need for the huge targeting computer you were using.

#5 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 22 January 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a73f378c3e6d77d

Here you go. Not much need for the huge targeting computer you were using.

Thanks! For some reason, I couldn't run an AC/10. Maybe it was just me.

#6 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostFeezou, on 22 January 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Thanks! For some reason, I couldn't run an AC/10. Maybe it was just me.

The Clan AC10s are bigger than their UAC10s. Generally there's not much reason to bring the normal AC10s over a UAC10 on Clan side. Have fun with the build. dual UAC10s are pretty brutal and those MPLs should help out with conserving ammo.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

NTG-C

A little different take on the one posted by Dakota, As I have a personal like for the PPC family. I also like a smidgen more back armour as well.

Either builds should work for you, as Dakota said, dual UAC/10's are brutal, just remember that you don't always double tap the UAC's, only do it when you need too.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:32 PM

Clan Ac/10s are cooler than clan uac 10s.
Not sure of health difference.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

1.5 heat cooler per volley. Nevermind the excess from the double tap.

#10 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:19 PM

Is there any way to fit an LB-20X on a Night Gyr? I can't seem to, even though I want to use one.

#11 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

View PostFeezou, on 23 January 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

Is there any way to fit an LB-20X on a Night Gyr? I can't seem to, even though I want to use one.

Nope, the Night Gyr can't fit that big of a gun, can only bring lots of smaller guns instead.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:46 PM

Never use Clan ACs.

Tonnage & crit slots alone makes them counter productive. Just don't double tap UACs until you need and your DPS is going to be higher. Especially on a GYR which is crit slot locked.

UAC5/10s is the way to go for DAKKA
Or Dual Gauss/ERML
or single Gauss/ERL (on the range quirk variant)

Much else is kinda useless.

#13 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:02 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 January 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Nope, the Night Gyr can't fit that big of a gun, can only bring lots of smaller guns instead.

Well, I guess a UAC/20 would work.

#14 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

View PostFeezou, on 23 January 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Well, I guess a UAC/20 would work.

UAC20's a pretty good alternative to the LBX20. Got that option to gamble on getting 40 damage any time you're loaded rather than 20. Really good option for trading, not so much for brawling.

#15 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

cUAC20 for a close range weapon, that isn't pinpoint and also jams... jams for WAAAAAAAY too long.

I gave up using it after it was nerfed so hard 6-8 months ago. As did plenty of others. LBX20 is brutal at brawling range by comparison with decent amount of rounds per ton of ammo... Definitely my "go-to" for close range stuff.

#16 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:17 PM

I strongly suggest dual Gauss and a couple of Lasers. Mostly 2 ER Large Lasers. The Night Gyr is slow. Slow acceleration and twist. So dont use it for brawl. Midrange at least, long range ist better. the far the better (?).
Also you wanna use jump jets, so you need a strong pin point weapon such as Gauss, otherwise you dont use the full potential of the it. Thats the main reason why i dont use UACs on the Night Gyr.

#17 Feezou

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

View PostArchie4Strings, on 23 January 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

I strongly suggest dual Gauss and a couple of Lasers. Mostly 2 ER Large Lasers. The Night Gyr is slow. Slow acceleration and twist. So dont use it for brawl. Midrange at least, long range ist better. the far the better (?).
Also you wanna use jump jets, so you need a strong pin point weapon such as Gauss, otherwise you dont use the full potential of the it. Thats the main reason why i dont use UACs on the Night Gyr.

Poptarting would work, but what about Dakka? I see a lot of that.

#18 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostFeezou, on 24 January 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

Poptarting would work, but what about Dakka? I see a lot of that.

If you have the hero, 6x UAC2 is fun, easy and effective.

2x uac10 and 1x uac5 is also OKish, but at the end of the day the gauss builds are still strongest.

#19 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

I usually find the dakka builds to work out better than the gauss based builds now a days, but both are fine.

Dakka:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16f2fe045a0f4a6
Gauss:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...096751b1d1270c7

They play very differently though. Dakka has to find a good position overwatching the battle and unload on enemies throughout the match, has pretty good sustained DPS, just keep the guns ablazing. The gauss+laser build has to find good cover and peek from it from time to time, making well aimed shots each time trying to remove components with precision. Its basically the difference between a machine gun and a sniper rifle.

#20 ShadowJack 420

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

I saw the 6 UAC2 build mentioned, have run it, it is fun and effective. My fav build atm is this,

5 lbx2 and ams. or 5 ac2 and ams. I prefer the lbx since piranhas dropped into the game.

grouped all 5 as group 1,2,and 3. group 1 and 2 both set to chainfire, group 3 is set to group fire.

Runs like this : my thumb ( 3 ) does 10 dmg every .72 seconds, at the same range and speed as a gauss rifle. Think of it and use it as a sort of Mini-gauss with a fire rate every .72 seconds(without perks, slightly faster with cooldown perks)

My index and middle fingers rest on my mouse buttons, group 1 and 2. both set to chainfire. Having both set to chainfire all 5 weapons, and a fire rate of .72 seconds, you can twiddle your two fingers as fast as you want and send a withering stream of unending(especially when using lbx, less heat), metal downfield. Twiddling your fingers between two groups of very rapid fire weapons fires them faster than just holding down the chainfire button. More effective than a rac, and instant fire, no spool up.

Pros: heat is 1.66 with ams, lower if you dare laser ams, but be ready to turn it off.
NGyr ignores external heat, it'll run exactly the same on Terra as it does on a cold map.
Jump jets are always nice.

Cons: It's a hundred f'n feet tall, draws the eye.
It's so slow it can't get out of it's own way. Kinetic Burst is a MUST for me on a Gyr.
Has a massive 10 point alpha strike. You can do butt tons of dmg, but don't expect a lot of kills. It just doesn't have that finishing punch. It's an attrition dmg build.
Possibly the biggest Con is the biggest perk also. The fire rate is unending, there is basically NO recharge time. Either constant 10 pt alpha's or unending chainfire. As long as opponent is in line of sight you can damage him. I have to FORCE myself to twist away at times. There is no shoot/twist/recharge, when there is no recharge.

Skills are basically set like this, Firepower,minimum needed to get both magazine perks, maybe 20 or so? Survival, all, except maybe 2 collision dmg ones. Mobility almost all, NGyr is slow to get going/stopping, and a few speed perks help. Pick the rest as you see fit, I like zoom, i've hit a lone scout on Alpine at 2000+ range with a single ac2 shot numerous times. I'm sure it did no damage at that range, but it's still fun to see them scurry.

That's all, hope ya like.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users