Banning For Team Killing?

12 replies to this topic

#1 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:42 AM

I just had a match where our faction PUG was grouped with a guy, [Redacted], that doesn't participlate. This was the 3rd match in a row, so I called him out on it. He decided to team kill me the whole time.
Is there a way that this guy can get banned? Sure he can make a new account, perhaps returning with a new attitude too. I've had him added to my blocked players list, but still had to deal with him. Bitter guys like this are what ruins awesome games like this.

Edited by draiocht, 13 January 2018 - 09:28 AM.
Name & Shame

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

At the moment the only thing you can do is report the player in-game.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

View PostMaradrX, on 13 January 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

I just had a match where our faction PUG was grouped with a guy, [Redacted], that doesn't participlate. This was the 3rd match in a row, so I called him out on it. He decided to team kill me the whole time.
Is there a way that this guy can get banned? Sure he can make a new account, perhaps returning with a new attitude too. I've had him added to my blocked players list, but still had to deal with him. Bitter guys like this are what ruins awesome games like this.

The only thing that will happen is YOU getting moderated for name calling aka name and shame.

Edited by draiocht, 13 January 2018 - 09:32 AM.
Quote Clean-Up

#4 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

^this report him ingame make a screenshot (with f9 for cordinates on it) send a ticket to suport : moderation@mwomercs.com

with time and map + screenshot TK´s name , explain what happened and that it wasn´t the first time he did this. And then wait and hope that suport will do something. But dont po0st players name here against Coc name&shame

Edited by Mighty Spike, 13 January 2018 - 08:56 AM.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:40 AM

Note include time zone for time.

Name and shame exists because there's always the possibility that the named party is innocent but is then shamed for wrong doing anyway.

Let PGI handle that part. You'll know if a player's been banned (permanently) because their name changes color in MWO. Saw that once.

#6 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:46 AM

Details on reporting misconduct may be found in the PGI Support Articles. Please refrain from engaging with players over misconduct. https://mwomercs.com...-for-misconduct

Contact addresses for PGI Support can be found on their page: https://mwomercs.com/support

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

If something like that happens again you can report him in game. While the match is continuing press TAB, click on the characters name and select the REPORT Option. I think the choice you want is called CHEATING and then TEAM KILL. Another option is to do the same under TEAM STATS after the match is over. Either way it will send a report immediately to PGI. The beauty about that is that all the pertinent info is sent to PGI, short of a video clip.

Edited by mailin, 13 January 2018 - 10:43 AM.

#8 MaradrX

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Sorry, didn't realize the name & shame was an issue - thought your name attached to your behavior is appropriate. This is was a 3rd in a series of matches with the same guy hurting the team and I certainly don't want it to continue.

I'll be sure to start up a video capture for PGI next time.

Thanks all.

#9 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 13 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.
griefing issue

#10 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

In related warning, retaliatory team damage to witnessed misconduct will trigger the automated penalty system just the same as any other team damage. Moreover, retaliatory behavior may also be investigated by game moderators as its own alleged misconduct. Please take care not to be taunted into violating the Code of Conduct.

Edited by draiocht, 13 January 2018 - 05:03 PM.

#11 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 January 2018 - 01:23 PM.
discussing moderation

#12 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

I'm going off topic here, but can I get redacted too? I just want to be able to brag about it... lol (I'm in 100% agreement with the moderations done here BTW)

Edited by BTGbullseye, 17 January 2018 - 12:07 AM.

#13 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:08 AM

This is sad we even have to have as thread for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users