4 replies to this topic

#1 Smooky the husky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

Hello

i not know if the game having a bugs or not . but seem smaller mech the scouts we cant not spot on the radar cause one did run front me and passing with no diamond up his head and fired me with full machine gun and i be dead after invisbile light

i am noew on this game but for give advatage in this ways not cool

#2 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

its not a bug. Its a piece of equipment called 'stealth armor'.

see this patch notes:
https://mwomercs.com...h-notes?id=1859
in the IS new technlogy section (new equipment/stealth armor)

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,068 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:05 AM

The stealth armor only means that your radar or mini map won't target it by putting a red box around it. You can still see the mech. Use the thermal imaging mode or night vision mode to spot it as well as using your mech's damage indicator to see the direction it last attacked from.

I use a stealth raven when I'm trying to mark targets so here's a few ways to cancel out the stealth:

1. Make the light fire its weapons. Stealth armor builds up heat without cooling down on most stealth builds. Firing weapons adds even more heat and if the stealth pilot does over ride they can die from all the heat.

2. Use a tag laser. you have to aim and fire it like a normal laser but hold it on target. It'll cancel out the stealth and show the mech with a target icon on the map so all your team can see it.

3. Launch a uav consumable. You can put one per mech at the cost of 40,000 c-bills. it is a one time use item that shoots a drone that cancels out all ecm/stealth in its radius until it stops or gets shot down. Putting points in the auxilary skill tree will make it last longer,give longer range and let you have an extra uav for a max of two. It'll cost you about 80,000 c-bill for two so make sure auto refill is on/off to control your costs. They are also helpful as "help me!" beacons when you get a few lights after you. Any enemy mech under the uav will show up on radar-mini-map.

4. Narc it. Narc is a special missile launcher which takes ammo. It acts just like the uav except you have to shoot it at an enemy first with basically the same effects as above. The bonus is that there is no c-bill cost and you can fire narcs as long as you have ammo. The narcs do not stack togeather so shooting mutipile narcs at an enemy is a waste of ammo until the first narc wears off. Mechs that are marked by narc have a wi-fi type icon over them. It also can be improved by the aux skill tree and the raven light mech has a narc quirk for faster speed and longer active time.

5. Use thermal and night vision modes. Depending on the map and the day-night cycle the stealth mech will be white,black, or green. If you are unsure if you see a stealth mech fire a few lasers at it. Remember that walls,buildings,rocks and terrain does not move but a stealth mech (if you found one this way) will most likely move or die.

#4 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Ppc cancels/resets stealth armor too

#5 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts