Very Low Fps On 1080P Ryzen 1700 And Gtx1080Ti

35 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:08 AM

@ ---

Pardon me, but I've got some questions for you and your mess...
  • What Windows OS are you running? It seems like Micro$oft themselves may be part of your problems.
  • How much RAM do you have? Yeah, really, this one's critical to know, as it may identify additional issues.
  • Have you allowed Micro$oft to screw with your Installed Hardware Drivers through Windows Updates?
  • If the above question is a "Yes", have you tried Reinstalling with Manufacturer-Provided Versions of the Affected Drivers, in order to undo Micro$oft's mess?
  • If that question two above this one is a "Yes", have you reached into your Windows Update Settings and blocked Micro$oft ever doing that again? If not, they can mess you right back over at any time.
  • Have you tried decreasing Screen Resolution to 4800x900, in order to see if it helps performance? CryEngine has real trouble with high screen resolutions, due to processing things mostly in the CPU before sending to the GPU.
...and I'm asking these because it seems like something is still being trouble on your rig. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Bypassing the madness in this thread in order to target underlying issues..." Devnull

#22 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 19 January 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

Thread derailed! Actually, was just kind of calling out fanboyism in general this time, Bill. There is that kind of trollish Intel one in this thread, too, after all Posted Image

But you make a good point about Ryzen. Doing a lot of research ahead of time instead of just picking parts that 'should work' is going to get you way better results. That's why I'm thinking OP might have some kind of instability or conflict that is causing some performance issues. He hasn't dropped by to give us any of the information you and I have asked for yet, though, so hrmph. I might just disappear again.

I did get my 8700k up to 5.0GhZ on 4 cores, and 6 cores at 4.8GhZ, without any trouble. It stays silent with a 360mm radiator. I'm banking on it performing -really- well if I ever fire MWO up again. That's a big if because if I want to play, that means I want to enjoy myself, which means first I have to deal with the new skill tree or I'll just have bad times. A dismaying conundrum.

Should I bother playing MWO on this rig?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah.... I think you should play MWO on that rig just for the hell of it to see what it will do. I see you went with the Thermaltake wall mount case I was also looking at, and almost bought vs building my own. They are nice... is the riser cord cable still junk on them? Did you buy a better one that works and doesn't cause blue screens? I said screw it and bought the $110 dollar 3m cable just to be safe.

I didn't figure that you was talking about me being a fanboy... I keep an open mind with either side, but like I said, I really want AMD to stay in the CPU game... because if they keep failing, prices for Intel CPU's will go way up, and there will be almost no progress or improvements, just a 5-10% increase in the next tick/tock and having to buy a new motherboard to support the newest greatest thing from Intel. Besides, Fanboys don't drop hundreds of dollars on the other sides products man, lol.

Honestly, I was at a point when Ryzen first came out, I waited for some of the dust to settle, and made a judgement call on my build with the Ryzen. Intel had not responded at that point, and I don't know what my choice would be if I had waited till now, or when Intel responded. I could of gone either way... I do not regret going with AMD this time and building the Ryzen build, I really like it, even playing this heap of unoptimized crap! lol. When I got my new 35" Agon 100hz g-sync monitor, this game got more interesting, I can tell the difference. If I have any regrets at this point, it would be that I didn't say screw it and get a 1080Ti version of the seahawk card I have now.

Refresh my memory, what kinda monitor are you gonna push with that build, or monitors? I see you went with a Seasonic PSU.... nice choice... looks like all solid hardware choices on your build.... how is the all in one cpu cooler working for your build? I am not a fan of them... but I hear that some do cool better than air.

As for your issues and not playing much anymore, I am in the same boat. I Hardly play this game anymore, and the new skill tree kinda reminds me of, meet the new
boss, same as the old boss, just more clicks to get where we all was at in the first place before the revamp.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 19 January 2018 - 03:02 PM.

#23 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 January 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I hate you all with your gorgeous, modern rigs... Why do kids have to be so darn expensive and time consuming ! Posted Image

I'll just be over here... playing on my 4-yr old Dell Precision M4800... Dreaming...

Ha ha... that is what credit cards are for... if you can't afford it, charge it!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 19 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Ha ha... that is what credit cards are for... if you can't afford it, charge it!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Then make 2-3 payments and make sure to pay it off on the first bill it hits so no interest is generated :)

#25 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 19 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Or wait for tax time like i do. Nice rig.

#26 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 January 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

@ ---

Pardon me, but I've got some questions for you and your mess...
  • What Windows OS are you running? It seems like Micro$oft themselves may be part of your problems.
  • How much RAM do you have? Yeah, really, this one's critical to know, as it may identify additional issues.
  • Have you allowed Micro$oft to screw with your Installed Hardware Drivers through Windows Updates?
  • If the above question is a "Yes", have you tried Reinstalling with Manufacturer-Provided Versions of the Affected Drivers, in order to undo Micro$oft's mess?
  • If that question two above this one is a "Yes", have you reached into your Windows Update Settings and blocked Micro$oft ever doing that again? If not, they can mess you right back over at any time.
  • Have you tried decreasing Screen Resolution to 4800x900, in order to see if it helps performance? CryEngine has real trouble with high screen resolutions, due to processing things mostly in the CPU before sending to the GPU.
...and I'm asking these because it seems like something is still being trouble on your rig. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Bypassing the madness in this thread in order to target underlying issues..." Devnull

I have let Windows 10 update my system... I also have the AMD Ryzen power plan on. The only issues i have had with Windows update, and I am really sure it is due to windows update or, I have a bad Intel lan port on my mother board is, that my ethernet port doesn't work. The high speed 5g one works, but i still haven't got the Intel one working. It was working fine, and than a month after building my rig, it quit working. That's it, everything else works great.

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 19 January 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#27 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

A small list of new parts for this years taxes.
Thermaltake View 31 RGB Dual Tempered Glass SPCC ATX Mid Tower Tt LCS Certified Gaming Computer Case with 3 RGB LED Ring Fan Pre-installed CA-1H8-00M1WN-01

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz DIMM F4-3600C17Q-32GTZR times 2 for 64 gigs

Intel Core i7-7820X Processor and GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard

Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans

#28 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

View PostJaegerDjinn, on 19 January 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Or wait for tax time like i do. Nice rig.

My tax check is going to pay of credit cards! lol

#29 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

View PostBill Lumbar, on 19 January 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I have let Windows 10 update my system... I also have the AMD Ryzen power plan on. The only issues i have had with Windows update, and I am really sure it is due to windows update or, I have a bad Intel lan port on my mother board is, that my ethernet port doesn't work. The high speed 5g one works, but i still haven't got the Intel one working. It was working fine, and than a month after building my rig, it quite working. That's it, everything else works great.

Yeah, that one definitely sounds to me like Micro$oft sabotaged you. Either reinstall the Intel Ethernet LAN Port Driver with an installer from the Manufacturer, or Roll Back the Driver for that Device only in your Device Manager if you can't. Then make sure after your repairs that Windows Update can't screw with Device Drivers anymore. :mellow:

~D. V. "Micro$oft is making Problem Identification annoyingly easy with Devices lately." Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author for Message Clarity.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 19 January 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#30 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 January 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, that one definitely sounds to me like Micro$oft sabotaged you. Either reinstall the Intel Ethernet LAN Port Driver with an installer from the Manufacturer, or Roll Back the Driver for that Device only in your Device Manager if you can't. Then make sure after your repairs that Windows Update can't screw with Device Drivers anymore. Posted Image

~D. V. "Micro$oft is making Problem Identification annoyingly easy with Devices lately." Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author for Message Clarity.]

I have tried all that... it doesn't work. Windows 10 also must effect it on the bios level, because I used to be able to upgrade my bios in the bios with internet... now I can't. It's frustrating. I haven't installed linux mint yet on my main rig, maybe its time I do and see what's up. lol

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 19 January 2018 - 04:22 PM.

#31 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 19 January 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

it doesn't work. Windows 10 also must effect it on the bios level, because I used to be able to upgrade my bios in the bios with internet... now I can't.

sounds to me like you should go check for a new bios, download it onto a usb stick, and try updating it again .... I've had similar issues before, mostly with gigabyte boards .... but if you dont have the option 'anymore' to use the internet to update the bios, than its either disabled within the bios, or a physical fault has occurred at some point ... maybe a scratch across the board itself, or maybe the cable ...

alot of the manufacturers are updating bioses for the new next gen processors .... some people get a speed boost, others take a hit ... mostly depending on memory kit used ... hope they plan on a good production number of them no processors, because nearly everyone would be happy at making it a bit faster ....

#32 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

View PostNARC BAIT, on 20 January 2018 - 07:14 AM, said:

sounds to me like you should go check for a new bios, download it onto a usb stick, and try updating it again .... I've had similar issues before, mostly with gigabyte boards .... but if you dont have the option 'anymore' to use the internet to update the bios, than its either disabled within the bios, or a physical fault has occurred at some point ... maybe a scratch across the board itself, or maybe the cable ...

alot of the manufacturers are updating bioses for the new next gen processors .... some people get a speed boost, others take a hit ... mostly depending on memory kit used ... hope they plan on a good production number of them no processors, because nearly everyone would be happy at making it a bit faster ....

I haven't looked on Asrock website in a few weeks, but I had been checking it out often to see if they had updated past 3.10 i think? When they do, I will download it and do it the old way with a usb stick. Asrock was all over updating the bios on this board and other boards for the Ryzen... and than they stopped once 3.10 was released. I down loaded the most recent version of Linux Mint 18.3 last night, and I am gonna try to install it side by side with Windows 10 and see if it works. Windows 10 shows that the Intel Lan port is there, but I can't use it... no internet connection. I think it's just a setting on the Ip4 and Ip6 that is messed up... It is really odd, in the bios it picks it up too, but there is no way to or option to disable or enable the chipset for the Intel Lan. Wtf lol...

#33 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

I am in Linux Mint right now, I haven't installed it yet, but it's a no go on the Intel Lan port. The 5G port lights up when I plug a cable into it, but no connection. The Intel port doesn't flash at all. I am starting to think its a bad port on the mother board, ugggh... I don't want to RMA it. I don't want to roll back to a older bios either. I checked Asrocks site... and there are no new bios versions for my board, the Tachi board has had a new update as late as 1/12/18. September was the last update for the Professional board I have.

#34 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 20 January 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

I am starting to think its a bad port on the mother board, ugggh...
if you werent poking around inside it around that time, that I'd still put money on bios been awry ... unless you set up a dartboard on that wall that day ....

#35 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

Try to switch off SMT. I got 15 fps more and no downspikes without.

MWO does not like multithreading, was with the "module" based AMDs the same. It's the old graphics engine and the draw calls afaik.

#36 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:41 AM

View PostLennStar, on 21 January 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

Try to switch off SMT. I got 15 fps more and no downspikes without.

MWO does not like multithreading, was with the "module" based AMDs the same. It's the old graphics engine and the draw calls afaik.

That might be the OP's issue, but I don't have mine switched off. I tried it once for a day or two and dropped in some games. It didn't seem to effect anything at all or push better FPS for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users