Event Mg Damage Not Registering?

Gameplay Weapons

11 replies to this topic

#1 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:50 AM

Dropped last night for my 1 match a day and there was a MG event. OK, took a 6 MG Shadow Cat and no damage recorded? Dropped a second time and stood in front on an assault and dumped well over a 1000 rounds in him and nothing registered???

Anyone else yesterday expereince the same thing?

#2 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:59 AM

Check to make sure you're using regular MGs, not HMGs or LMGs.

#3 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:08 AM

Why are people unable do 20 second research on existing threads from forums about this matter before posting same thing over and over and over again.

#4 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:05 AM

View PostCurccu, on 16 January 2018 - 04:08 AM, said:

Why are people unable do 20 second research on existing threads from forums about this matter before posting same thing over and over and over again.

OK, smart guy, please direct me to the "obivious" thread if you would because I didn't see another MG thread as it relates to the event...

And, you and many others are the reason many of us have "retired" from MWO.... I know, you could care less; but, your population is one (1) shorter of players that regularly play.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:00 AM

FS9-Ember with quad LMGs registers in the event just fine. WHM-BW with the same does not. Mist Lynx with LMGs does not.

As near as I can tell, the IS-side of it counts any IS-MG so long as it's on a light. Clan side, I'm thinking it ONLY counts regular MGs on lights.

I don't know if this was badly coded or simply poorly described. Or both.

#6 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

OK, need MG's and nothing else.

Need both IS and Clan MG damage though. Too bad I am a claner and don't own an IS MG mech.... Wasted a bunch of time this AM..... Terrible sales event: should have known.

#7 BlueStrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

Yeah, since I hardly ever play lights and very rarely mediums and game-play has gone even further down the toilet, I'll be on sabbatical until this event series is over.

#8 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:24 AM

View PostAsym, on 16 January 2018 - 05:05 AM, said:

OK, smart guy, please direct me to the "obivious" thread if you would because I didn't see another MG thread as it relates to the event...

And, you and many others are the reason many of us have "retired" from MWO.... I know, you could care less; but, your population is one (1) shorter of players that regularly play.

Well these two for that 20 seconds.
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6000636
https://mwomercs.com...vent-is-broken/

And sure why not, it's my fault that you don't want to play the game... touchy eh?

PS. If it makes you happier I would have also told you what James Argent did one post before mine if he had not posted it already.

#9 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

View PostAsym, on 16 January 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

OK, need MG's and nothing else.

Need both IS and Clan MG damage though. Too bad I am a claner and don't own an IS MG mech.... Wasted a bunch of time this AM..... Terrible sales event: should have known.

Hey Asym,

I know you're a Clanner, but it's useful to have a couple of the other side's mechs. The JM6-DD is a flexible chassis, you can put two LPL's and six mg's on it. No need to upgrade anything, good mech right off the lot.

I'm primarily an IS guy but I still run a number of Clan rides and after a while, I don't even notice the smell... Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 16 January 2018 - 03:32 PM.

#10 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 16 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

The JM6-DD is a flexible chassis, you can put two LPL's and six mg's on it.

#11 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:21 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 16 January 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hey Asym,

I know you're a Clanner, but it's useful to have a couple of the other side's mechs. The JM6-DD is a flexible chassis, you can put two LPL's and six mg's on it. No need to upgrade anything, good mech right off the lot.

I'm primarily an IS guy but I still run a number of Clan rides and after a while, I don't even notice the smell... Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Thanks ! I am getting touchy! Apologies. It was just that there was 11 other on VOIP that made the same mistake ! Literal translation.

No, a great many of us aren't collectors of mechs we simply can't use..... The only IS mechs I have were event rewards (a Urbie and an ASN....) I can't use them for faction anything so why have mechs I can't use......

Thanks for the reply and have you'all looked at day 7?

#12 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

View PostAsym, on 17 January 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

..... The only IS mechs I have were event rewards (a Urbie and an ASN....) I can't use them for faction anything so why have mechs I can't use......

Thanks for the reply and have you'all looked at day 7?

Well, you could get a BSW-X1, good for scouting in FW. Only one energy hardpoint but you can make useful builds with the rest of the hardpoints. That said, you'd have to start 'buying' IS weapons and engines, which adds up after a while, and if you are looking to build an invasion drop deck, well now you are pretty committed to dropping lots of c-bills and grind time on IS tech.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 17 January 2018 - 09:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users