#21 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 16 January 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

Well, the event will probably have daily challenges, so i might keep it around for the rest of the days just in case.
And dude, i'm not doing it for the MC (i have like 22k of the stuff and no idea what to spend it on). I'm doing it just to have it done, because i'm kinda nutty that way.

Gotcha pal.

;)

#22 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

Especially when you offer no Clan Trial 'Mechs equipped with MG's on the day of the event.

Not all of us have 'Mechs from both factions.

In my particular case, I take it as a point of pride that I have never piloted a Clan 'Mech, and I'm rather irritated that you insist I stop playing the game "wrong" if I want the prize you are offering.

**** move guys, **** move.

<smh>

#23 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

I mean 50mc aint killing me one way or another but since I have a clan account and and IS account and I've kept them both clean of the others sides tech I am really annoyed that it's effectively uncompletable without buying alternate faction mechs.

Even just making sure there was at least 1 trial mech on each side with the correct weapons would have fixed this.

That's mostly the grouchy completionist in me talking though.

#24 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:35 PM

Especially when you offer no Clan Trial 'Mechs equipped with MG's on the day of the event.

Not all of us have 'Mechs from both factions.

In my particular case, I take it as a point of pride that I have never piloted a Clan 'Mech, and I'm rather irritated that you insist I stop playing the game "wrong" if I want the prize you are offering.

**** move guys, **** move.

So you would've eagerly violated your 'pride' by piloting a Clan trial mech? And you would've violated your 'pride' by accepting filthy Clan-tainted MC and cockpit items? I suppose your 'pride' would've made you contact support to remove half of your prizes, right?

Lighten up, Francis.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

View Postsycocys, on 16 January 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

For 50 MC and a silly cockpit item....

Seems like pretty much anything else in the game would be more worth complaining about.

It's actually 100 MC, you get two bundles of 50.

#26 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 January 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

Dude, buy some clan mechs for christsakes.

Buy some ? hell win some... i got an extra night gyr and summoner on both accounts in the past oh six weeks for free from PGI... and then there's the extra hero roughriders and sun cobra's arriving in the march patch for playing ONE damn match without any requirement other than showing up on december 27th... but oh no....people cannot meet the requirements for some hanging item and 100MC today.... the sky is falling the sky is falling...

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 January 2018 - 02:26 PM.

#27 Xavori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

Seriously. It's like 6-7 million c-bills is all to pick up a Mist Lynx G, slap 8 MG's on it, run 1 match, maybe 2, call it a day.

#28 Bixente Vega

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

You're not alone, pal. I don't pilot any Clan Mechs outside the training grounds. To me it's just more fun that way.

#29 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:58 PM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

Guys, I already know I play the game "wrong". But my choices are play "wrong" or don't play at all. The third choice is not fun and equates to becoming the don't play at all choice.

You don't playing it wrong, if it is fun to you. Want to be loyalist - be loyalist, and don't listen to tumbleweeds.
And you are not alone.

#30 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

Seems I am starting to understand where all this "clan op" whine comes from.

#31 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

In your Lore Mind, Treat any Clan Mech you pilot, as a Salvaged mech, that you picked up on some mission, and have now repaired it to usefulness...... That should help with the guilt of piloting a fifthly Clanner mech....

Edited by Lazor Sharp, 16 January 2018 - 03:12 PM.

#32 Bronze Knight

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. V.A.

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:17 PM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 16 January 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

In your Lore Mind, Treat any Clan Mech you pilot, as a Salvaged mech, that you picked up on some mission, and have now repaired it to usefulness...... That should help with the guilt of piloting a fifthly Clanner mech....

I mean isn't this exactly how the IS caught up (more or less) to Clan level of tech? They salvaged what they could and won a few trials, right?

#33 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:18 PM

as i understand it, correct.....

#34 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 16 January 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

So you would've eagerly violated your 'pride' by piloting a Clan trial mech? And you would've violated your 'pride' by accepting filthy Clan-tainted MC and cockpit items? I suppose your 'pride' would've made you contact support to remove half of your prizes, right?

Lighten up, Francis.

No, I would not have violated my pride by piloting a clan trial 'Mech, but that probably would have left me the only one that didn't like the event and would have caused me to not bother to complain.

I accept filthy clan-tainted MC, C-Bills, and cosmetic items every time I play Quick-Play and there are Clan and Inner Sphere 'Mech on the same side. I complained about that years ago and have moved on to new things to complain about.

My "Pride" only makes me sell any Clan 'Mech I get. That's about the sum of it.

#35 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:49 PM

View PostLazor Sharp, on 16 January 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Yeah Camacho piloted a Timby and Kai a Crow at the trial.

#36 Alaric Hasek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

Except they don't practice slavery. I'll be the first to tell you (and I think Randall Bills will be the second) to tell you that the Clan society and how the invasion was handled was a mistake, but the Clans never really had a chance to win. The only reason the Warden Clans fought to be included in the invasion was so they could keep the Crusaders from reaching Terra and becoming an IlClan. If Clan Wolf had known that there were more Comstar 'mechs than Clan 'mechs they would have let the Crusaders waste their toumans on trying to take Terra and then wiped the Crusaders out. Randall has said if he could go back and do things his way he would do it differently. Lorewise, the Clans were like WWII Germany or Napoleonic France - they had an initial advantage, both in gear and in tactics. But they never had a chance to really win in the long run. All they could hope for is to strike hard and deep to force a political ending to the conflict. Their losses were irreplacable and once the economies of the big powers really got moving (and preparing their armies for total war) the ending was without a doubt. Giving the IS 25 years to catch up (more importantly, 25 years to train a million 'mechwarriors) was the final nail in the coffin.

The Clans never had an unbeatable tech advantage on tabletop. I mean, stock Clan 'mechs (Timber Wolves and Ebon Jags at the very least had MGs) still had to dump their MG ammo to avoid the 1000+ damage from a lucky crit. Gauss ridles and ERPPCs worked just fine for IS 'mechs, those were the weapons that ruled the tabletop.

View PostSmith Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

I've loved BattleTech since it first came out as a Table-Top game in the '80s. I loved the struggle against almost impossible odds with the difference in technology between the invading Clans and the Inner Sphere. I want to continue that feeling and I can't get it if I play the better technology side. If I wanted to simply win because it was a generic robots with lasers game I would play Clans. Instead I want to win against the odds by playing the underdog. I take it as a point of pride that I haven't decided to take the easy route to winning.

I admit to one petty aspect of my decision though. In the lore of BattleTech the Clans practice slavery, so that's what I remember each time I'm tempted to switch sides so I can win more. I see the clans as "the bad guys" and simply don't enjoy any game that make me play the villains.

#37 Smith Gibson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

The Clan practice of taking Bondsmen sounds like the textbook definition of slavery to me.

#38 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

I've loved BattleTech since it first came out as a Table-Top game in the '80s. I loved the struggle against almost impossible odds with the difference in technology between the invading Clans and the Inner Sphere. I want to continue that feeling and I can't get it if I play the better technology side. If I wanted to simply win because it was a generic robots with lasers game I would play Clans. Instead I want to win against the odds by playing the underdog. I take it as a point of pride that I haven't decided to take the easy route to winning.

I admit to one petty aspect of my decision though. In the lore of BattleTech the Clans practice slavery, so that's what I remember each time I'm tempted to switch sides so I can win more. I see the clans as "the bad guys" and simply don't enjoy any game that make me play the villains.

The IS still used clan mechs and tech that they salvaged though. In quickplay you can still be aligned with an IS faction and piloting a clan mech.

#39 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

View PostSmith Gibson, on 16 January 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

The Clan practice of taking Bondsmen sounds like the textbook definition of slavery to me.

Because it is.

But then again, so is taking PoWs and then working them in camps.

#40 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:17 AM

Oh yay more free stuff salt.

Personally it doesn't bother me if not all events work for everyone, everytime!

Thanks for having more events PGI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users