Patcher Problem

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dedzone

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

I just tried launching the updater and it is giving me an error of " Caught an exception doing a version check. Unable to connect to remote server".

Just worked 2 days ago.
Anyone know how to fix this? It brings up the launcher window but it just hangs when trying to do anything.

Thanks!

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

the error seems to imply that something went wrong trying to check if theres a new patch available .... which isnt due for another 8 hours or so ....

anyway, you can *probably* bypass the launcher, and just run the executables to get the game up ... probably one of the following locations ....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin64\MWOClient.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe

#3 Dedzone

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

Yea, I tried that and got an error telling me the servers were down for maintenance. I did traceroutes, and pings and there is no issue with connections. Absolutely nothing has changed with my system settings that I have any knowledge of.

#4 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

View PostDedzone, on 18 January 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Yea, I tried that and got an error telling me the servers were down for maintenance. I did traceroutes, and pings and there is no issue with connections. Absolutely nothing has changed with my system settings that I have any knowledge of.

If you still have this issue and are on Windows 10, try right clicking network > open network & internet settings > network reset > reboot. I just fixed this exact problem since I got both "Caught an exception doing a version check. Unable to connect to remote server" and "servers were down for maintenance". A regular reboot didn't work but this did work.

Edited by Belkor, 23 February 2019 - 11:21 PM.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

View PostBelkor, on 23 February 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

If you still have this issue and are on Windows 10, try right clicking network > open network & internet settings > network reset > reboot. I just fixed this exact problem.

Belkor,

Thanks for posting your resolution to this issue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users