Marauder-Iic-D Sniper Build

5 replies to this topic

#1 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

Strongly considering picking this mech up. On paper it seems to have decent damage with twin GRs and an ERPPC, and just about every piece of tech in the book, rocking ECM, BAP, and a TC7. Also 65 KPH pre skills is decent for an Assault.

MAD-IIC-D

Is this as good as it seems? Is it hotter than I'm expecting with the ERPPC?

#2 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Running 2 GRs with 1 ERPPC isnt a thing anymore since you cannot fire all 3 guns at the same time without INSTANTLY cooking yourself. If you want to maximize sniping potential with that mech, you run 2 GRs and 2 ERLLs with a largeish TC. My pure sniper build on the mech is 2GR in arms, ~6 tons of ammo, 2ERLL, TC-V, and 13 DHS total. It CAN cook itself if you fire non-stop, but you can easily dump 3-4 alfas on target b4 thats an issue and the TC-V really boosts the ERLL max range and gauss velocity.

If you dont absolutely need to snipe, ive had good results with the side torso laser being replaced by either a HLL for maxing alfa strike, or a LPL for maxing sustained DPS. Either way, due to the ECM and gauss rifles (which both go a long way to cutting down how much you get focused at least in QP), you can often sit fully exposed at ~800m or so and nail the enemy for full or close to it damage constantly with little threat of being taken down. Ive had MANY 1500+ dmg games where i singlehandedly wiped out half the enemy team, but it takes the right map (boreal, alpine, polar, sometimes frozen) and the right team to let that happen, like every sniper mech, its pretty much dead when pushed hard and fast.

Anyways, my number 1 build (that i on occasion bring to FP) is 2GR, 2ERLL, max engine, TC-V, 3 extra DHS (besides the 10 in engine), 6 tons ammo (spread around so any one component going down wont disarm me). My second build (and the one i ran a while back b4) is the same exact setup except for the TC-V being dropped in exchange for 2 SRM-6s and 2 tons of ammo for them. Much better when ur rushed, but im not quite a huge fan of it since you are looking at loosing ranged capability in exchange for a situational defense weapon that isnt even that deadly due to the spread damage BS of missile weapons.

Edited by panzer1b, 19 January 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#3 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

This is how you build your sniping marauder

#4 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

Ended up going for it and I think I agree that the ghost heat on the PPC is too much. I can avoid it most times, but if I mess up my timing it gets seriously hot.

Settled for this: MAD-IIC-D

Heat has only been an issue on hot maps, and even then it's manageable. Considering dropping a ton of ammo for an engine heatsink, but I'll give it a few goes with skills before I decide if it's needed or not.

How do you guys normally skill it?

#5 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

both ECM nodes
mandatory Gauss charge nodes
seismics since they are close to ECM
adv.zoom
1 extra consumable
full survival tree
cooldown and laser duration after you have all of the above

#6 Grammer Pollice

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:48 PM

Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'm liking this mech.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users