Those Patch Notes Tho. Leave A Bad Taste In My Mouth.

165 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:39 PM

What i gleaned from those patch notes is that PGI only listen to feedback when it comes from comp players. Also, PGI not only isnt interested in our feedback and but all weapon changes are made based on the whim of one man who doesnt actually play the game. Stop nerfing things ffs. Fix the game breaking issues you introduce with every patch. Quit slapping the **** out of your clan population. Buff IS instead of nerfing. Quit giving mechs and weapons roles with no clear definition on how you wish for them to be used in this "sandbox" of a game. Its iritating as hell.

Edited by November11th, 20 January 2018 - 01:40 PM.

#2 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

I'm 100% fine if they only ever listen to comp players. Who understands the game better than them?

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 20 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

I'm 100% fine if they only ever listen to comp players. Who understands the game better than them?

Are we talking about listening to their personal opinions, or just in general looking at which mechs and loadouts tend to perform the best in comp play? It's a pretty important distinction to make because even comp players are susceptible to having personal agendas.

Like, for example, in the past there have been comp guys who expressed that they want PPCs/poptarting to be restored as the meta (not part of the meta, but THE meta by themselves). Overwatch has a lot of comp players who want the dive meta to remain unchallenged. Etc. Being skilled doesn't make somebody have objective opinions.

Edited by FupDup, 20 January 2018 - 01:51 PM.

#4 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

What i gleaned from those patch notes is that PGI only listen to feedback when it comes from comp players. Also, PGI not only isnt interested in our feedback and but all weapon changes are made based on the whim of one man who doesnt actually play the game. Stop nerfing things ffs. Fix the game breaking issues you introduce with every patch. Quit slapping the **** out of your clan population. Buff IS instead of nerfing. Quit giving mechs and weapons roles with no clear definition on how you wish for them to be used in this "sandbox" of a game. Its iritating as hell.

If so than that is a great sign.

You wouldn't change the rules for MLB to make it better for little league players, that would be silly.

So changing things based on what the best say, is the best for the game.

Changing it based on a potato's advice would be a level of stupid I don't want to see, but have in this game time and time again.

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

What are you going on about Clanner? These are happy times for you. Also five more tons in the dropdeck Tuesday thanks to the Piranha.

Posted Image

#6 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

If that's what you got, you got it wrong.

The comp players have been saying that the cERML+HLL/cERLL combos are too strong, that the Mark II is too strong, that the wee need more 'Mechs like the ASN and not less, that Lights overall need more assistance, that IS weapons need to be stronger than they are...

Like, the changes PGI made are small. If they happen to align with what the comp scene has requested, it's by coincidence.

#7 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:04 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 20 January 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

What are you going on about Clanner? These are happy times for you. Also five more tons in the dropdeck Tuesday thanks to the Piranha.

Posted Image

But but....Clan Wolf, where the real clanners reside only have a 0.83 W/L, every IS faction beats them.

#8 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

View Posttker 669, on 20 January 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Changing it based on a potato's advice would be a level of stupid I don't want to see, but have in this game time and time again.
1. I aint no potato.
2. Complay isnt the be all, end all of this game.
3. Everyone has bias.
4. Ignoring the paying population in favor of the 1% of the 1% who get everything for free anyway is flatout a bad business strat. Its the opposite of sense. Its idoicy.
5. If they truely wanted to make the game better for everyone, use mortals included, they could easily do so.
6. I appreciate a good bug fix and nerf to a really hard to kill mech, but that said, why are we also nerfing weapon systems globally instead of fine tuning for the specific faction? Using skills to "tune" a mech is an invalid answer to that issue.

View PostVxheous, on 20 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

But but....Clan Wolf, where the real clanners reside only have a 0.83 W/L, every IS faction beats them.
A GOD HAS GRACED US! BOW LOW MORTALS!!

Yeah in the note of the wolves, i think everyone generally kicks the crap outta them cause they full of potatos.

Edited by November11th, 20 January 2018 - 02:11 PM.

#9 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

1. Are you absolutely sure you want to make that claim?
2. All gameplay is the same as comp play, there's just differing levels of competency.
3. Yes, but we don't need bias when there are numbers to support a claim.
4. What makes you think the paying population leans your way and not the other way, or leans any way at all?
5. True.
6. Because reasons (no, really, that actually is the official answer)

#10 Mcgral18

• CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostVxheous, on 20 January 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

But what about Clan Davion!?

View PostYeonne Greene, on 20 January 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Oh....wow

#11 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

1. I aint no potato.
3. Everyone has bias.
4. Ignoring the paying population in favor of the 1% of the 1% who get everything for free anyway is flatout a bad business stat. Its the opposite of sense. Its idoicy.
5. If they truely wanted to make the game better for everyone, use mortals included, they could easily do so.
6. I appreciate a good bug fix and nerf to a really hard to kill mech, but that said, why are we also nerfing weapon systems globally instead of fine tuning for the specific faction? Using skills to "tune" a mech is an invalid answer to that issue.

1. if you say so...
2. no it is the highest level of the game with the best players.
3. you're right, so lets consider what the best have to say and keep bias in mind. forget the potato's who barely understand the game and whatever bias they might have is irrelevant.
4. business stat? you mean strat as in strategy? well gees MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL seem to being doing ok catering to the elite....
5. the goal should be more along the lines of making the game the best it can be. if chess is too hard you play checkers, you don't alter the rules of chess.
6. you seem confused.

#12 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

2. All gameplay is the same as comp play, there's just differing levels of competency.
3. Yes, but we don't need bias when there are numbers to support a claim.
4. What makes you think the paying population leans your way and not the other way, or leans any way at all?
5. True.
6. Because reasons (no, really, that actually is the official answer)

Re: 1. LOL. Yes. Im a casual player but im not a potato who joins matches just to be cannon fodder in an LRM atlas.
Re: 4. They may not lean at all, but im just speaking up because some probably wont. Im not down with that whole silent majority thing. Im going to be the squeakiest ficking wheel.
Re: 6. I know. Its sad.

#13 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 20 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

If MWO was a pure eSports game, especially if played for big £€¥, I'd agree. But it isn't. It's not even registering as a blip.

Edited by Mystere, 20 January 2018 - 02:25 PM.

#14 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

View PostMystere, on 20 January 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

If MWO was a pure eSports game, especially if played for big £€¥, I'd agree. But it isn't. It's not even registering as a blip.
AINT IT A DAMN SHAME TOO?

#15 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

1. I aint no potato.
3. Everyone has bias.
4. Ignoring the paying population in favor of the 1% of the 1% who get everything for free anyway is flatout a bad business strat. Its the opposite of sense. Its idoicy.

For all intent and purpose the comp crowd is indeed the "end all, be all" of the game.
Folks see what the comp folks do, and they emulate them. Those that emulate them the best win the most, and that trickles down. They help establish the meta and everyone copies them to their benefit or detriment, but everybody ends up mimicking them...or losing. If PGI is going to listen to anyone I hope it is the competitive crowd. Sure I would like them to also consider a wider swatch of the population but they can't; too much bias and too much loreholeing. At least the comp crowd's bias is based on what gives them the best chance of winning and that is a good bias in a game to have, and one that will benefit ALL players.

Edited by Bud Crue, 20 January 2018 - 02:30 PM.

#16 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:29 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Re: 1. LOL. Yes. Im a casual player but im not a potato who joins matches just to be cannon fodder in an LRM atlas.

I'm only bringing this up because some of the people in here are not as nice as me and will dismiss you out of hand. I prefer not to bring this sort of thing into the conversation at all and let the arguments speak for themselves.

Re: 4. They may not lean at all, but im just speaking up because some probably wont. Im not down with that whole silent majority thing. Im going to be the squeakiest ficking wheel.

I mean, I'm a paying player, too. I'm pretty damn squeaky. Hasn't gotten the IS the buffs they need yet, hasn't let Clan Lights be not-sh*t with anything other than MGs yet, hasn't gotten my MLX a fix to its Rate of Heat Loss quirk yet...

Also sad because the game balance was pretty darn good in early 2016. Then they released not one, not two, but three game-breaking Clan 'Mechs immediately after whole-sale nerfing IS, and we've been trying to reassemble the pieces ever since.

#17 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 20 January 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

1. you have a .22 kdr as a loyalist. that is about as potato as it gets.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

#19 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

View Posttker 669, on 20 January 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

1. you have a .22 kdr as a loyalist. that is about as potato as it gets.
Bro. I didnt join DS until recently, when i joined up with bacon. I also dont really care for FP either. If you wanna talk **** about Kdr, I'd rather we go head to head. Both if us of the same team. The guy who scores the most kills or highest dmg in two out of three matches wins.

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:35 PM

The bad taste is whatever our balance overlord is eating.

I'm pretty sure it's a boatload of potato Freedom Fries and mashed taters. The latter tastes great with chives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users