1 reply to this topic

#1 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

As of late, I've noticed an issue cropping up with my JJ capabilities. Most people who know me know I do like my JJs. In the past patch (it could have been happening before and I just never noticed), I've been noticing that there are times that I can be knocked right to the ground despite still holding down the JJs, and I will even be jump jetting in place on the ground if I continue to hold them active.

I first noticed it in a group match with my unit a few weeks ago. In the match, I JJ soon after dropping from the Dropship (I believe it was Grim). I believe I was jumping over the ridge to get into the central map sooner. Anyway, while in mid air, an ally collided with me and I was sent straight to the ground unable to go upwards and was going downwards even faster. It felt like my JJs were suddenly going backwards, pushing me to the ground instead of up into the air.

Now, just last match I played (River City, about 20 minutes ago), I had it happen again. I was on top of the citadel, trying to spot the enemy beneath me and hit them. An enemy assassin got up with me in no time, so I tried to back up and jump over him. Instead of going up and away like I should have, I ended up jump jetting straight into the ground, actually dropping my view closer to the ground than normally, and made my mech completely immobile while I was pressing my JJs on. Once I left go of the jets, I was able to move again (but then promptly died because I hadn't moved for most of a JJ burn trying to get out of a bad spot).

Has anyone else been having this issue or seeing similar things? The enemy was also responding in that last match that my mech "looked strange" before I died when I mentioned the problem in all chat. So, I know something odd was apparently happening.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

I have very little use of JJ under my belt, but I have had the "hit the ground, but the game still thinks I'm falling" bug myself. Uses up your JJ, and causes leg damage if you aren't lucky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users